Electronics > RF, Microwave, Ham Radio

NanoVNA Custom Software

<< < (242/264) > >>

joeqsmith:

--- Quote from: JohnG on July 28, 2021, 05:45:30 pm ---Thanks for the software and the excellent documentation. I have had no trouble following the instructions and getting the software up and running with my NanoVNA V2Plus4.

I do have one difficulty, which has to do with readability. On my Win 10 computer with 1600 x 1200 monitor, the software window is small and hard to read. After playing with many settings,  the only workaround I can find is to change the monitor resolution to 1280 x 800, which helps some, but messes up my Windows desktop (rearranges the icons), and adds a little blur to the display.

Do you know if this is a fundamental limitation of the National Instruments platform used to develop the software? If so, I can at least quit fiddling with it.

Thanks,
John

--- End quote ---

Who knows what you were expecting.  Maybe you expect the graphs to scale.  Obviously the font sizes are fixed.   There are videos on YT about designing software with LabView using the autoscaling if you are interested in learning about it.   

I've run my VNA software on 1280X1024 19", 1920X1080 27" and 1920X1200 24" and its very easy for me to read on them all.   It is designed to run on my laptop which has a 17" display.   

You should consider running  one of the popular open source programs.  If you really have some need to run my software and your choice of monitors was poor for your eyesight,  just buy a new monitor.  They are cheap.     

neilhao:
I just gave this firmware a shot. Generally, it is amazing with more features, however it still has bugs for now.
I noticed this firmware could not measure the correct results in low freq band on the V2_2 hardware, e.g. from 50kHz to 100kHz. The official firmware has no problem.

--- Quote from: Alextsu on July 27, 2021, 06:17:30 am ---Hi, Joe,
There is now an alternative FW for all V2-2 versions, ported from NanoVNA by Dislord,
check this link

https://groups.io/g/nanovna-users/topic/84427595

Though haven't tried it yet

--- End quote ---

DiSlord:
> I noticed this firmware could not measure the correct results in low freq band on the V2_2 hardware, e.g. from 50kHz to 100kHz. The official firmware has no problem.
This can related to output power for SI5351 (i add option for select it, See STIMULUS->CFG SWEEP->TX POWER, for low freq range need select minimum SI -10dB), i add fix for this in next.

PS also in this fw real frequency step in < 140 MHz range = 1Hz

JohnG:

--- Quote from: joeqsmith on July 28, 2021, 09:17:30 pm ---
Who knows what you were expecting.  Maybe you expect the graphs to scale.  Obviously the font sizes are fixed.   There are videos on YT about designing software with LabView using the autoscaling if you are interested in learning about it.   

I've run my VNA software on 1280X1024 19", 1920X1080 27" and 1920X1200 24" and its very easy for me to read on them all.   It is designed to run on my laptop which has a 17" display.   

You should consider running  one of the popular open source programs.  If you really have some need to run my software and your choice of monitors was poor for your eyesight,  just buy a new monitor.  They are cheap.   

--- End quote ---

It appears the display resolution of the software interface is fixed. That's the answer I was looking for, and I have no further expectations because it is free.

John

joeqsmith:

--- Quote from: JohnG on July 29, 2021, 03:40:19 pm ---
--- Quote from: joeqsmith on July 28, 2021, 09:17:30 pm ---

--- End quote ---

It appears the display resolution of the software interface is fixed. That's the answer I was looking for, and I have no further expectations because it is free.

John

--- End quote ---

Again, I'm not sure how you expected it to work.  Most software I use will not scale the fonts.  It could be done  (selecting a different font for example) but it's uncommon.  LabView will allow most graphics to be scaled.   Currently the software uses graphs that were manually drawn using a CAD program and saved off as raster images.   If I settled on the standard graphics, these could easily be scaled but I wanted my own graphics.   

Buying a monitor that is easy for you to read would seem like a must, just for your normal use.

Windows 10 does have that magnifier built into it.  Really a poor solution IMO, but it's there.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version