Electronics > RF, Microwave, Ham Radio

NanoVNA Custom Software

<< < (245/284) > >>

joeqsmith:
Which software are you are using?  I may add it to the main program is why I ask. 

Let's assume ASCII, do you want the frequency in Hz?  SI units?  What?    Same for Mag in dB and phase in degrees? 

Are you wanting to use a SPACE, 0x20 for the delimiter as shown? 

How do you want to mark the end of line?  CR?  CRLF?  LF?

Also, I don't understand the Freq1 showing up twice in your example.

ALW:
First, thanks a lot for your help! I really appreciate it.
I am using a software called IgorPro, that I am familiar with. It is similar to Mathlab, but is more powerful in doing complex math in (almost) real time, therefore cool for prototyping, later I am planning to retrieve the data directly using the com port of the Nanovna. Igor can read any data structure as long as I can tell it the structure.
So for your questions, anything that is most convenient for you when programming. Freq in Hz Mag in dB and phase in ° would be fine. It is however no problem to convert from other units if this would save your time. Space as delimiter and CR EOL would be fine too. Or if binary the byte structure of the float and the indexing / header length would be all that is required to read it.
With the freq1 showing twice (looping) I mean the recording should loop through the frequencies for multiple repeated sweeps... Of course it would be enough to have the frequencies only once, they do not need to be repeated

joeqsmith:
When I asked
--- Quote ---Which software are you are using?  I may add it to the main program is why I ask. 
--- End quote ---
  I am referring to my software.  I would have no way to add anything to IgorPro.   No matter as it sounds like you shouldn't have any problems then working with the binary file directly. 

FREQ (double)
CHANNEL0&1 (double complex)

The data is contiguous.

ALW:
Sorry, I misunderstood you. Using your latest release r2.0.3 with a NanoV2+4.
Should be able to read your binary, but do not understand yet. Your bin file seems to have a header, do you know how long that is / where the data block starts?
FREQ (double)
CHANNEL0&1 (double complex)
means
FREQ (double)
CHANNEL0(double complex)
CHANNEL1(double complex)
?
I am reading the Labview specs right now, I think I am finding the definitions. Looks like double complex is 64bit real 64bit imaginary. Will try to figure it out, thanks a lot!

edit: With the freqs being repeated I should be able to find the data block/ header end. Will bug you only again if I can't figure it out

joeqsmith:
Yes, channe0 followed by channel 1.  Yes, double is 64-bit.  Yes complex will store both the real and imaginary component to two separate 64-bit numbers.    The header is from prepending the array size.  Data is stored big-endian.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version