Electronics > RF, Microwave, Ham Radio

NanoVNA Custom Software

<< < (266/325) > >>

Alextsu:

--- Quote from: joeqsmith on October 25, 2021, 01:31:08 am ---After some thought, the plan is to add onto the 2-Port Plot tab.

--- End quote ---
That's would be OK, thank You.
Though I am unfamiliar with Unilateral factor.
Does it have the same definition as the mu-factor mentioned in the .pdf paper above?
In fact, most modern VNAs have this stability analysis option built-in.
At my previous job I had access to all these tools, but unfortunately, now I've been fired out, so now I am just in a process of setting up my home lab, where I cannot afford any expensive equipment.
For me it's just a hobby now, nothing more.
I shall post here some images with stability analysis graphs, but not too soon.
What's might be interesting to see in the SW features is the ability to plot a family of load stability circles on one graph simultaneously in case of broadband stability analysis, for implemented frequency sweep, as it is shown in the last section of L. Besser paper
Thanks,
Alex

joeqsmith:

--- Quote from: Alextsu on October 25, 2021, 08:12:42 am ---
--- Quote from: joeqsmith on October 25, 2021, 01:31:08 am ---After some thought, the plan is to add onto the 2-Port Plot tab.

--- End quote ---
That's would be OK, thank You.
Though I am unfamiliar with Unilateral factor.
Does it have the same definition as the mu-factor mentioned in the .pdf paper above?
In fact, most modern VNAs have this stability analysis option built-in.
At my previous job I had access to all these tools, but unfortunately, now I've been fired out, so now I am just in a process of setting up my home lab, where I cannot afford any expensive equipment.
For me it's just a hobby now, nothing more.
I shall post here some images with stability analysis graphs, but not too soon.
What's might be interesting to see in the SW features is the ability to plot a family of load stability circles on one graph simultaneously in case of broadband stability analysis, for implemented frequency sweep, as it is shown in the last section of L. Besser paper
Thanks,
Alex

--- End quote ---

That's too bad as I anticipated with you asking, you had a way to verify the results but it sounds like you don't have a way to run the software. 

The Unilateral factor is not the same as Mu.   I have the calculations for u1 and u2 but am not displaying them in my software yet.  See if you can get to the following link:

https://edadocs.software.keysight.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=5920607

Plotting a family of circles is easily done in a text book, but I'm not sure how it would be accomplished in the real world.   These are data formatting questions that I had hoped you would clear up by showing how your tools work.    Considering there is a circle for each point collected.  Even the original NanoVNA will capture 101 data points, so 101 circles.   OWO mentions the V3 supporting 10,000 data points. 

https://nanorfe.com/nanovna-v3.html

Calculating 10,000 data sets shouldn't pose much of a problem but plotting them may be a bit much.   The METAS and AppCAD software doesn't support amplifier stability.   

joeqsmith:
Because AppCAD and METAS are so limited, I started to look for another program to perform some sort of sanity check.   This program is JAVA based and may be helpful.   

https://personal.utdallas.edu/~frensley/

I have included the touchstone file created with the V2Plus4 that was used to generate the attached plots.   At least my math appears to be correct for the stability coefficients, or at least matches up with what they show.    A good sign.   

Notice that they have some support for gain as well which is something I may add.   They do not support the stability circles.   Maybe there are other free tools that could be used to verify this part.   

--- Quote ---In fact, most modern VNAs have this stability analysis option built-in.
--- End quote ---

The old Agilent PNA I bought doesn't have any features like this.  They don't even include TDR with the base install.  Maybe someone with a new VNA can load the file and show some screen shots. 

joeqsmith:
CMTs software does not appear to have support for it.

joeqsmith:
After much hair pulling, the power calculation is sorted or at least matches with the Texan's software.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version