Electronics > RF, Microwave, Ham Radio

NanoVNA Custom Software

<< < (285/425) > >>

KE5FX:

--- Quote from: joeqsmith on December 08, 2021, 03:07:59 pm ---I'm looking for a reference book that covers the unknown thru in detail (along with other techniques).

--- End quote ---

You have Dunsmore, right?  See 3.4.3.1 in the newer edition.

joeqsmith:

--- Quote from: KE5FX on December 19, 2021, 10:38:24 pm ---
--- Quote from: joeqsmith on December 08, 2021, 03:07:59 pm ---I'm looking for a reference book that covers the unknown thru in detail (along with other techniques).

--- End quote ---

You have Dunsmore, right?  See 3.4.3.1 in the newer edition.

--- End quote ---

I  was just discussing that book with another member.   I am not of fan of his mixing terms, for example 3.35 the use of E11 in place of ESF.  Why not make it as clear as possible?   3.4.3.1, it is summed up nicely with "... of which is beyond the scope of this book..." 

Don't get me wrong.  I think it is a very good book and recommended for anyone interested in the topic but I am really looking for a book dedicated to calibration that keeps it on a practical level for my aging brain.   It's a fun topic but as I mentioned to the other member, with the software I have written and as much as I have used VNAs, where I stand today, I know very little about them. 

joeqsmith:
The LiteVNA arrived.   

joeqsmith:
The claim 50kHz to 6.3GHz.   My software doesn't care so I set it to 6.6GHz.  Looks like 6.47GHz is the upper end.    Setting it to 6.4GHz, it seems fairly accurate.  The counter is GPS referenced. 

joeqsmith:
 I was really interested in seeing how low it would run.    My friend Flipper and I had ran some simple remote tests with this exact unit a few days ago and I suspected there may have been a firmware problem when running at the lower end.  Now that I have the unit, I can see it was a timeout in my software that needed to be increased to handle the slower rates.   

9kHz is the lower limit of the SA.  I think when we ran it with the scope, we were down below 10kHz before it fell off.    We did not try to collect data down this low. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version