Electronics > RF, Microwave, Ham Radio

NanoVNA Custom Software

<< < (426/427) > >>

FPSychotic:
I'm not able to make work the nanoVNA solver lite/v2 +4 for the liteVNA.
Anyone have it running in windows 11? I really having a bad time trying to understand the issue, no idea if it is the software that just won't run as it is deprecated, it can run but I had something wrong with the National instruments runtimes that Im unable to understand even what they are, what they do , just unable to make it work.  Other softwares works. I don't want disturb, sorry if this not proceed.

joeqsmith:
I don't have Windows 11 installed on a PC to try it.   

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Package-Manager-NIPM/Does-LabVIEW-software-support-on-windows-11/td-p/4177747

--- Quote ---Windows 11 was announced long ago; and there have been many Windows Insider releases to allow companies like NI to port their products such that they would be fully functional by the time Windows 11 started deployment to user systems.

Telling me that NI is "targeting support in 2022 H2" is basically telling me that they failed to support their user base. The majority of software companies worked hard to get Windows 11 support available contemporaneously with the release of Windows 11. Why didn't NI?

--- End quote ---

Until I actually try it, I wouldn't trust what I read on the internet.   

--- Quote ---Other softwares works.
--- End quote ---
Windows ships with a lot of software.  When Notepad fails to run with a new release, they have a big problem. 

Talking with a friend who has ran some basic tests with the 64-bit LabView on 11 and no problems.   I would imagine he's done a decent shakedown.   

joeqsmith:
I would start by installing the drivers and making sure your PC recognized the VNA.  I use the standard drivers with Windows 10.  If 11 doesn't find it, you need to locate proper drivers.  If that works, then you need to install the latest the National Instruments 2021 SP1 64-bit runtime and NIVISA.   Then you will need the 64-bit sound dll.  Don't expect anything to work if you are mixing 32-bits and 64.  If you still can't get it to work, then I suggest going to one of the open source applications.  Actually, you may want to just start there.

FPSychotic:

--- Quote from: joeqsmith on June 24, 2022, 02:51:53 pm ---I don't have Windows 11 installed on a PC to try it.   

https://forums.ni.com/t5/NI-Package-Manager-NIPM/Does-LabVIEW-software-support-on-windows-11/td-p/4177747

--- Quote ---Windows 11 was announced long ago; and there have been many Windows Insider releases to allow companies like NI to port their products such that they would be fully functional by the time Windows 11 started deployment to user systems.

Telling me that NI is "targeting support in 2022 H2" is basically telling me that they failed to support their user base. The majority of software companies worked hard to get Windows 11 support available contemporaneously with the release of Windows 11. Why didn't NI?

--- End quote ---

Until I actually try it, I wouldn't trust what I read on the internet.   

--- Quote ---Other softwares works.
--- End quote ---
Windows ships with a lot of software.  When Notepad fails to run with a new release, they have a big problem. 

Talking with a friend who has ran some basic tests with the 64-bit LabView on 11 and no problems.   I would imagine he's done a decent shakedown.

--- End quote ---

Just thank you by the extensive answer, I will try everything today.
Just congrats you by your knowledge and thank you by share it.
I hope make it work!!

FPSychotic:
ohh, maybe my problem is NVISIA, as there is a very recent version, there is 20 ,21, 21.5 which of them should I install and that sound file where should be installed? I couldn't see any error of sound. Should I install the firmware included in github?.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version