Electronics > RF, Microwave, Ham Radio

Please, advice cheap DDS up to 200MHz

(1/12) > >>

Nova_PA:
Hello!
For amateur construction I need really cheap, avialable on AliExpress frequence sinthesizer.
The thing like SI5351 should be ideal, but I need about 180-200MHz maximal frequence.

Please, advice.

CaptDon:
The TinySA Ultra can do signal generation. Not sure if it will be what you need. Check the specs.

radiolistener:
Most of si5351 instances working ok up to 200 MHz.

According to datasheet, si5351 can produce frequency from 2.5 kHz to 200 MHz.

But be careful, there was 150 MHz limit in first edition of si5351 datasheet.
So it's possible, that some very old si5351 instances from first production series may not work stable above 150 MHz.

If you want frequencies above 200 MHz, there is ADF4351, it can produce frequency from 35 MHz to 4400 MHz

gf:
SI5351 is not a DDS generator. It is a PLL-based clock generator and generates only square wave signals with ~1ns rise time. It cannot generate sine wave or arbitrary waveforms.

radiolistener:

--- Quote from: gf on February 19, 2024, 03:08:36 pm ---SI5351 is not a DDS generator. It is a PLL-based clock generator and generates only square wave signals with ~1ns rise time. It cannot generate sine wave or arbitrary waveforms.

--- End quote ---

I suspect that there is no DDS which can generate 200 MHz sine  :)

You can easily get 200 MHz sine by adding simple low pass filter with cut-off at about 250 MHz on si5351 output

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version