Electronics > RF, Microwave, Ham Radio

Programming volatile memory boards in older Icom Rigs and radio upgrades

<< < (40/42) > >>

wirstinson:
First post. I thank the people who contributed by publishing the programming data of the ex-314. I have successfully programmed 3 ex-314 with the programmer published by N2CBU on a Compaq p3 200Mhz windows 98 per Lpt port, 2 from Icom IC-751, IC-751A and one Icom IC-271H.

hostile:
Updated 8/21/22
updated RAM14 array size
Updated 8/20/22 
Now includes all of the memory dumps from Original_icom_ram_multi_format archive from this topic.
Expanded on Randman80 Arduino code. Thanks
Used on IC-745
Made it easier for myself to follow, others may disagree. 
Select the RAM to be programed from the #defines in header
Changed the pins to re-definable constants at beginning of code.
-  Change these to match how you jumper the Arduino to J1, J2
Changed the WR  CS timing to help avoid clashes.
added dumping of memory and verification.
use the Arduino console with 115200bps.
commands are single letters with enter
p, programs, reads, verifies
d, prints memory to console
v, verifies last dumped memory
c, clone memory, requires hot-plugging ram module with Arduino on
There is a custom slot for the RAM defines.  you can dump memory and copy paste it there, to do many clones without hotswapping

Mildi:
Very well.
It remains to be done using the free ports of the Mega 2560: Selecting the firmware number (dip switches or jumpers). Start read/write button. Indication of reading / writing and the end of reading / writing. Add firmware for 1271.
And there will be a completely ready, stand-alone programmer.

hostile:

--- Quote from: Mildi on August 20, 2022, 09:48:12 pm ---Very well.
It remains to be done using the free ports of the Mega 2560: Selecting the firmware number (dip switches or jumpers). Start read/write button. Indication of reading / writing and the end of reading / writing. Add firmware for 1271.
And there will be a completely ready, stand-alone programmer.

--- End quote ---

I was afraid to add additional inputs from the Mega2560 so it would be compatible across all the arduinos.  Would be pretty easy to change it over to that if someone wanted it to be a complete standalone, let me know if that is something of interest.  You get the information on when write is done and verification, would also be easy to toggle an led based on the pass or failure.
I will add the 1271 firmware you supplied of not A or E as soon as I finish up some work.

Mildi:
I just suggested additions that will turn this version into a functional analogue of the original "icom EX-428 ram writer" programmer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version