Author Topic: Small transmitting loop article with dozens of useful references  (Read 757 times)

Offline cdevTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
This web article is not only loaded with useful info about building your own remotely tuned loop it also has a huge number of links to tons more.
https://www.nonstopsystems.com/radio/frank_radio_antenna_magloop.htm  <<<<

As the loop antenna is one of the best antennas of any size, is tons of fun to use, and it seems many hams have restrictions on the kinds of antennas and size especially matters a lot in overcoming them, the transmitting loop is an antenna for all in a big way.

Note that they also often make spectacularly good receiving antennas - particularly well suited for SDR use because they are inherently preselectors. (with the exception of the one here, the slinky hula which seems to be kind of broadband (for a loop) and performs well. ..

I am very interested in all aspects of mag loops and have had some amazing results using them to receive, mostly using a cheap USB dongle+upconverter as a receiver, usually with a cheap CATV L-pad attenuator on the input to prevent front end overload..

« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 10:20:53 pm by cdev »
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline sab

• Contributor
Re: Small transmitting loop article with dozens of useful references
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 08:46:58 pm »
Looks interesting, cdev. Did you mean to include a link in addition to the slinky hula?
Sanjay

Offline cdevTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • !
Re: Small transmitting loop article with dozens of useful references
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 10:16:00 pm »
I thought that I did, it was near the top but it seems like its not there now, hope that SMF lets me add it properly.  Thanks for pointing its non-presence out.

Here https://www.nonstopsystems.com/radio/frank_radio_antenna_magloop.htm
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 10:19:44 pm by cdev »
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

The following users thanked this post: sab

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf