Author Topic: Sourcing a reasonably priced 1-3W microwave amplifier in the 2-4GHz range  (Read 784 times)

Offline SMB784Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Tequity Surplus
As the title implies, I am looking to acquire a 1-3 W microwave amplifier in the 2-4GHz range for a fun project in quantum optics. I have a Mini Circuits ZHL-42W (not the + version) that can output almost 1 W, but in my experience that wont be quite enough for this particular application.  The datasheet says don't supply it with more than 0 dBm, so I'm not super excited to push the input power beyond 0 dBm in order to squeeze more power out of the unit unless someone here knows that its likely to be safe to do so.

Almost everything I see on ebay for this power and frequency range is more than $400, and I was curious if anyone here might know of a good place to get one for cheaper than that.  Any ideas are much appreciated.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 12:46:12 pm by SMB784 »

Offline syau

• Frequent Contributor
As the title implies, I am looking to acquire a 1-3 W microwave amplifier in the 2-4GHz range for a fun project in quantum optics. I have a Mini Circuits ZHL-42W (not the + version) that can output almost 1 W, but in my experience that wont be quite enough for this particular application.  The datasheet says don't supply it with more than 0 dBm, so I'm not super excited to push the input power beyond 0 dBm in order to squeeze more power out of the unit unless someone here knows that its likely to be safe to do so.

Almost everything I see on ebay for this power and frequency range is more than $400, and I was curious if anyone here might know of a good place to get one for cheaper than that.  Any ideas are much appreciated.

Bought 1 from Aliexpress which market as amplifier for WiFi jammer, good frequency response.  May  be you can search for similar device in  Amazon / Aliexpress.

SZM2166 2.4Ghz RF power amplifier 2400MHz 2W 33dBm 8-23V DC for 2.4G wifi Bluetooth Ham Radio
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtdKa1N

The following users thanked this post: I wanted a rude username

Offline bob91343

• Super Contributor
I have seen some interesting amplifiers on ebay.  I am looking at one or two to enhance the output of a signal generator but I keep wondering why a half Volt isn't enough output as it is.  All are inexpensive, under maybe $30.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf