Author Topic: Testing Ericsson Telecom Radios  (Read 976 times)

Offline SyllithTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Testing Ericsson Telecom Radios
« on: October 12, 2022, 10:44:19 am »
Does anybody here happen to have any experience with telecom equipment? More specifically, Ericsson RRH's. I need to find a way to enable the RF output of these radios so that we can test them before shipping out to our customer. Before I go into a lot of detail about what we've tried / are doing, I'd like to see if there's anybody here who even has any experience in that field. Not sure if this is the right place to ask. Alternatively, if anybody knows of another place I might be able to go that could help, I'd appreciate you letting me know. Thanks

Online geggi1

• Frequent Contributor

Offline rplabs

• Contributor
Re: Testing Ericsson Telecom Radios
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2022, 06:51:04 pm »
You cannot just enable the RF. New generations are like an SDR, they need configuration to know exactly which frequency/channel/power to use. They are configured as a cell so you need from the core side to unblock the cell and put it on air for the GSM/WCDMA. For LTE you can block/unblock the cell from the eNodeB.

If you have the complete eNodeB for example for LTE there are some opensource implementations for the core network side and you can try to configure the interfaces and bring the site/cells up. Use some attenuator (30-50dB@100W) and connect the RF output to a frequency counter. If the RF unit has multiple outputs configure it without MIMO as 1:1.

It will not be easy to test them if you don't have the complete setup.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf