Author Topic: What are they using on me?  (Read 15577 times)

Offline msparkieTopic starter

What are they using on me?
« on: March 01, 2021, 10:04:51 pm »
Hello
I have a situation I'm trying to resolve.
My neighbour in apartment above me is definitely directing energy waves directly at me through her floor.
It has been suggested that it is an RF SIGNAL GENERATOR.   
If so can they do the following:
- find me, "see me", locate me anywhere I go in my unit?
- tell that the signal is effecting my body....they mainly target my stomach/torso or my head (not both at same time)?
- tell when I manage to block it with EMF blocking materials and notice they react?
- vibrate my floors?

They follow me around my apartment and zap me until i move.  They zap me when i sleep at night and wake me up repeatedly.  They know when they are harming me.  They vibrate my floor whenever i st0and up and walk around.  They have a history of harassing me but the radiation is new.

Does it sound to you that they have an RF signal generator?   Or microwave signal generator?  I bought a meter to measure units.

How are they getting the feedback?

I would appreciate your expertise.

Thank you.

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
Re: What are they using on me?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 10:12:55 pm »
- vibrate my floors?

I'd suggest you get your mental health situation, checked out by professionals.

The following users thanked this post: Psi, MikeK, amyk, janoc, ludzinc, Co6aka, blueskull, Ian.M, cgroen, george.b, HerbTarlek

Offline RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 10:13:17 pm »
Again?!  And with about same question?

Please go away and seek for professional medical / mental health support.

The following users thanked this post: MK14

Online DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2021, 10:35:29 pm »
RF signals don't do any of those things, if you'd like the advice of experts, you'd probably want to read up on the absolute basics first.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 10:56:04 pm »
A psychological evaluation by a qualified professional is the first step, have that done and then we can discuss the technical details of RF equipment.

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 12:12:00 am »
if this is possible, its probobly at Area 51. Do you know how many service professionals working with microwave transmitters and how many malfunctioning microwave ovens there are in the world? If this was a problem it would be well documented by now. You cannot do this with any standard equipment and its unlikely it can be done at all.

If anything the regulations were tightened recently. Back in the 50's people in the Navy and Airforce would be exposed to all sorts of insane RF levels without feeling these symptoms, particularly on ships that hold thousands of people. It is most likely your imagination. If this was at all possible there would be millions of exposures from RF energy centered around shipyards and airports. I.e. what if a fighter jet anti missile EW system turned on an aircraft carrier by accident? nothing, and those are where the real dangerous transmitters are. There are entire books written about managing excessive electromagnetic field levels inside of ships filled with people, I have seen them. Its all about protecting the computers, the people are not effected unless they feel fire.

And there are likely thousands of irresponsible HAM radio operators that mess with unsafe power levels and do not follow the law or recommendations on a regular basis without these symptoms. Plus TV and Radio stations.

Yea work in engineering for a few years you will see every safety regulation violated eventually. It happens. Its not some mystery as to what happens when there is a high RF power level around.

There is a story here of Russian soldiers adjusting a missile tracking antenna with a floor mop because the tracking system broke, so they can launch some kind of space rocket. The RF power levels were so big the doctor said they can take 2 minutes max before their bone joints start being effected. Other then the effects of medical microwave heater (a well known process where you heat the body with RF energy for medical reasons with a diathermy generator) there were no known psychological symptoms, even in this extreme situation. You just cannot do this with RF, at least with the RF that most people here know (say to 25GHz).

The only system in existence that can do this would be a military grade area denial system, and the symptom would be burning (like intense light, a heat lamp). These have a hard time fitting on the back of a humvee and cost millions of dollars and if one of those goes missing there will be like 5000 men in black investigating, be in the front page news (and the only reason it would go missing is so that it may be sold to the Russian or Chinese military, not to troll someone). Also if someone tried to operate this in an apartment building it would likely fuck up the entire building system, fry peoples electronics, turn the room they are shooting it from into a microwave oven. I read a post once about how in Russia once a radar transmitter misaligned and pointed into an apartment building. It caused light bulbs to explode, electronics to fry, basically a huge commotion, it will not go unnoticed. And it would not be focusable on a body part through a wall, maybe if you were in the middle of the desert with one of these systems they could get half of your body. The 'focus' these microwave systems have is akin to a light bulb inside of a garbage can. Its not like a broadway spot light, you cannot really do that.

Now, I do recommend getting a microwave power meter, if you do not have the courage to see a doctor, only to reassure you that you are
1) not in danger from microwave or radio energy
2) likely need some sort of medical treatment, probobly starting from a stress reduction therapy, sedatives and counseling

Your stomach is effected by serotonin receptors by the way. This can be specifically effected by an anxiety disorder (similar to how people in extreme mental situations can vomit).

Also, waiting for something to ship and to attempt to do RF measurements and try to learn physics in your mind set will be very difficult and most likely counterproductive.

Now this is the machine you are imagining, https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3e/An_operational_version_of_the_Active_Denial_System.jpg/440px-An_operational_version_of_the_Active_Denial_System.jpg

what would happen is it would
1) blow the circuit breakers
2) trash the building electrical, destroy your neighbors stuff, break your pc
3) fall through the floor and kill the operator
4) the cell phone company would be out in force with the police department if one of these operated for 3 seconds in a metropolitan area, it would possibly cause a blackout and destroy millions of dollars of electronics, electronically its like turning a light saber on inside of a box of waffles
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 12:40:33 am by coppercone2 »

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 12:29:53 am »
As others have suggested, I would recommend speaking to your doctor or mental health professional about some of the thoughts you are experiencing. I hope you get the assistance you are after.

Offline radiolistener

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 02:01:18 am »

technically this is possible, and such equipment are exist. But this is very expensive and complicated thing. So there is almost no chance that your neighbor have access to such equipment :)

Does it sound to you that they have an RF signal generator?   Or microwave signal generator?  I bought a meter to measure units.

No, it looks more like paranoid. Most of all, you invented it all and believed it.
But if you are paranoid, it doesn’t mean that you are not being spied  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: cdev

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 02:27:12 am »
Ok, let me take a stab at actually answering the questions:

- find me, "see me", locate me anywhere I go in my unit? No
- tell that the signal is effecting my body....they mainly target my stomach/torso or my head (not both at same time)? No
- tell when I manage to block it with EMF blocking materials and notice they react? No
- vibrate my floors? No

They follow me around my apartment and zap me until i move.  They zap me when i sleep at night and wake me up repeatedly.  They know when they are harming me.  They vibrate my floor whenever i st0and up and walk around.  They have a history of harassing me but the radiation is new.

Does it sound to you that they have an RF signal generator?  No  Or microwave signal generator?  No I bought a meter to measure units.

How are they getting the feedback? They would need a Radar to follow you around. One that could be strong enough and sensitive enough to get an image of you. Something that would.be mounted in the nose of an F15 or F16 multi-role fighter, thus impossible for someone to have in their bedroom and carry around.

I would appreciate your expertise. You are welcome
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline msparkieTopic starter

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 02:35:39 am »
The company that sold me the meter who knows the facts, yes facts,  suggested it was an RF signal generator.   The EMF home inspection guy who will come to my home soon also concurs they have a weapon.
It disappointing to see you guys enjoying belittling me.  Did i post in a video gamer thread or knitting club?
Going to you experts seemed a good idea.   Not.
It could be wifi.
https://youtu.be/fGZzNZnYIHo
What i have reported is exactly what I am experiencing.
Exactly.
You don't have knowledge of the technology.
Just admit it.

Online Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2021, 02:56:02 am »
You clearly have all the answers you want from someone who stands to profit from telling you what you want to hear. Why did you come here again?

The following users thanked this post: Psi, amyk, janoc, daqq, Melt-O-Tronic, tooki, george.b, thinkfat, ThreeFriedTransistors

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2021, 03:11:50 am »
ok they probobly think you are high on cocaine and that they can make a few bucks. In an engineering company its a common joke to go talk about taking the advanced equipment that is there and to make money off chumps. I.e. selling people additional grounding rods or something stupid like that based on some kinda measurements taken from something that looks like it came out of star trek. I heard it before but usually people just joke about it. It usually starts along the lines of 'you know how stupid those fucking electricians wiring my house today are? .... "

i.e. do you want to go through complex problem solving, writing reports, testing systems and arguing with people in a company? some people can't handle it so they will rather go into someones house like the ghost busters waving a walki talki around. be sure to check to make sure your silver ware is still there after that guy leaves :-DD

trust me the only they you have in your life is some kinda neurological effect (highly likely to be temporary and situational) and the sales guy selling you the equipment. The danger is to your bank account at this point and also fueling thoughts instead of relaxing (it is a feed back loop in your head that gets worse the longer you entertain it).

i would not worry unless you have a list of active undercover spies and double agents or something out of a tv show ::)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 03:20:01 am by coppercone2 »

The following users thanked this post: Lord of nothing

Offline SpecialK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2021, 03:15:33 am »
The company that sold me the meter who knows the facts, yes facts,  suggested it was an RF signal generator.   The EMF home inspection guy who will come to my home soon also concurs they have a weapon.
It disappointing to see you guys enjoying belittling me.  Did i post in a video gamer thread or knitting club?
It could be wifi.
Exactly.
Just admit it.

Actually the onus is on the person making the extraordinary claim to present evidence.  The youtube video doesn't suggest any directed "energy waves" making anyone illl.  I saw a guy fall down, but I think it was theatrical for the demonstration.

We don't know you, so we can't judge your character good or bad.  There's a complicated hypothesis; that your neighbours have cutting edge secret stealth technologies beyond what a renter could typically afford.  Then there's the simpler explanations; most charitibly is that you are mistaken.

Until presented with evidence of similar scale as the extraordinary claim, I think we'll need to assume that you are mistaken.

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2021, 03:16:34 am »

My neighbour in apartment above me is definitely directing energy waves directly at me through her floor ...

Wait. First things first. How do you KNOW this to be true?
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline gnuarm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2021, 03:29:12 am »

This is not a group of experts in EM human body detection.  Some may be engineers, some may have experience with RF.  I doubt anyone here has much experience with the issues you raise.  In particular one post mentions the many military who have not been harmed without mentioning the many who have been harmed by high levels of RF, killed even.  At high power levels RF can be very dangerous. 

There are body scanners at the airports that make clearly visible human bodies through their clothing although that's not the purpose.  They are to scan for things under your clothes so you don't need to be strip searched.

It could be wifi.

No, wifi is at far too low power level to be of any use in detecting a human body or in causing any harm.  If the power level is high enough it would wipe out all wifi comms for blocks or even miles.  It's also not at a useful frequency.  The wavelength is about 3 inches making it hard to resolve body parts. 

I didn't see where you reported what you were experiencing.  I read what you thought was happening.  What exactly do you observe that makes you think your neighbor is tracking your movements or harming you?  What exactly do you see, hear and feel or measure?

Exactly.
Just admit it.

That's probably true. 
Rick C.  --  Puerto Rico is not a country... It's part of the USA
  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
  - Tesla referral code - https://ts.la/richard11209

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2021, 03:37:53 am »
just keep in mind the air port uses THz technology, its hard to get and every expensive. unless you live in a penthouse on 5th avenue and runs the R&D at a multimillion dollar firm your neighbor likely wont be able to get a quote even.

i.e. if i wanted to get a few miliwatt (0.001 W) generator of THz at a single frequency it could cost me like $5000. Those military systems start out at like 100,000 watts. Think about that for a while. Also you would be filling out forms most likely, they like to know their customers, if only to know how appealing their product line is (its extremely expensive specific equipment, sales ALWAYS wants to know whos buying and how much and of what because they need to focus research on stuff that has market value so the scientists are not wasting money on 'curiosities'. If they blow a years budget on a bullshit no sale project that sounds cool then it could tank the company, and from what I understand its fairly easy to do). If you work in engineering for a while you get used to your projects that are going along just fine being cancled all the time without your involvement because someone thinks they are not going to make money off of it, or make enough money (you would be surprised what they consider profit, its not like making a few dollars, they often will kill something that does not promise to make them super rich. Breaking even = total failure. Making a couple of dollars = non viable. Making 1000% = we under performed and need to tighten up the department but we wont fire you but you better watch it)  :-//. It's just how it is.

Try watching a few episodes of Dilbert, it will accurately show you why this stuff does not exist and why its not worth worrying about,.

No one spent 100 million dollars to give you a stomach ache. As putin always like to say, there is no conspiracy, they would just shoot you.

I think you are just cracking up because its around the 1 year anniversary of this wonderful virus

You want to know what the criminals are doing with wireless? Because cars are expensive, mobile and use wireless security systems, one of the best things a criminal can do is try to fool you into thinking you locked your car or something like that when you go shopping. It's not weaponized outside of fucking with security systems, radars or missiles. Even those military technologies are outlandish 'star wars' stuff (in the sense of reagans star wars), they won't be practical for a long time and work about as well as spot lights and tear gas. It's about as far as you can get from a personal threat on the 'weird stuff people can do to you' list. Like laser defense weapons, the main objective is not scaring the seagulls around the ship and causing a stir because there is a loud boat blowing up the sky since some one decided to fire off a mortar. Good publicity that you used a high tech system to disable some cave man behavior, and you might not get a law suit from the VA that someone got tinnitus because a giant machine gun started shooting at some random ping on a radar.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 04:13:20 am by coppercone2 »

Offline DrG

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2021, 04:13:41 am »
@msparkie

I think everyone who has been on forums like this has seen messages such as yours. I have seen many and they have a number of similarities. They always seem to end poorly. I don't care to belittle you and I hope that you get a resolution.

It is possible that you are just a troll who gets a kick out of posting such messages, but it is quite possible that you are not. It is entirely possible that you are experience a great deal of discomfort, that you have feelings like the the floor vibrating and you are waking up many times during the night. If it were me, I would take such experiences very seriously.

The sincere response is usually the same: Have you reported this to the police and have you gone to see a medical professional? Almost without fail, these two questions are not answered in a straightforward manner. The third question that usually comes up is: Why are "they" or "she" doing this to you? That also is not answered in a straightforward manner.

I could write a great deal about the few lines that you have posted, but what I am hoping is that you will get to understand is that 1) It is essential that you see a medical professional. What you are experiencing can, in fact, be very real and just as you are reporting it, but it can be due to reasons other than you have settled on believing. 2) File a police report. This is a reasonable thing to do if someone is being harassed and you will have a record of the complaint. Perhaps they will investigate and talk to your upstairs neighbor.

In my opinion, you should not look for such simple answers like, is this possible and is it RF or microwave or whatever, on a public forum. It is simply not reasonable to expect an expert opinion, for free, and more importantly,without knowing more about your situation; and with knowing that there are other explanations. In this regard, it would be impressive if you could admit that it is possible that there are other explanations.

You have invested in a device and you are going to have an EMF home inspection, so you are willing to go to the time and expense to seek a resolution, but isn't it worth it to go through steps 1 and 2 above?

That is my honest opinion and it is only my opinion. I hope it is helpful.
- Invest in science - it pays big dividends. -

The following users thanked this post: janoc, nightfire

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2021, 04:34:55 am »
It could be wifi.
Exactly.
Just admit it.

I'd suggest it's you who has been taken advantage of and you seem to also be exhibiting paranoid and irrational thoughts and behaviours, something I've personally seen and deal with many times before. No one here is attacking you or belittling you, I think there is actually some genuine concern here and people are just calling a spade, a spade.

Perhaps you came here to seek answers, but only if those answers supported your own thoughts.

What you have described is complete nonsense to put it quite bluntly. There is no RF weapon. WiFi isn't the boogey man. Your neighbours are most likely not out to get you. Once those are proven to be the case, I'd suggest you listen to that advice and seek the appropriate treatment.

I know it's hard to convey rational thoughts to an irrational person, but the simplest explaination is usually the correct one.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 04:37:04 am by Halcyon »

The following users thanked this post: MK14, george.b

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2021, 04:49:53 am »
Like others, I feel that it is unlikely that your neighbor has equipment which can do all you suggest, mostly because the equipment and knowledge to use it is rare and expensive.  but some of it is possible.  Wall penetrating radar with range of a few meters has been demonstrated and used to identify hostage locations when people are being held by criminals.  The equipment fits on a handcart.

Sound is another possibility for generation of your symptoms.

As others have suggested police involvement seems indicated.

If the problem is real and as serious as you suggest there is a very straightforward solution.  Move.  I know that there are many reasons it might be difficult, but you suggest that staying there is also very difficult.

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2021, 05:16:19 am »
I still recommending trying to relax before starting a fiasco.

Vacation? Spend some time at a friends house or even rent a hotel room. There should be little consequences to doing these things. Even a good hotel for 3 days will likely clear your head and at least be some kind of value for your money unlike hiring fake ass ghost busters.

I remember this kind of 'experience' before when I moved into a new apartment building when I was young and I could not get used to the transformer outside. There was something wrong with something that was causing the most unpleasant hum. It did not exactly disturb my parents but it drove me nuts, I did not sleep for like 2 days. The noise kicked in at night and I assume it was maybe related to shitty street lights.  Finally I got used to it and later moved to a higher floor and it was fine. You could try to chalk it up to cabin fever and forget about it.

Sometimes your house can just suck, like that little apartment in the blues brothers.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 05:26:57 am by coppercone2 »

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2021, 05:32:10 am »
Time to retire from the embassy in Cuba, dude.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

The following users thanked this post: Co6aka

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2021, 05:47:32 am »
I believe its still closed. They need the mystery machine.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/19/americas/us-cuba-biden-intl/index.html

For all you know its bin laden pretending to be castro's ghost

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2021, 05:54:26 am »
It could be wifi.
Exactly.
Just admit it.

We've not belittling you, we're trying to help you. I've had more than one friend experience paranoid delusions and start saying the same sorts of things you said here, and in all cases properly helping them out involved professional psychiatric care. Most of us are not qualified doctors of psychologists, and on the technical side the things you are talking about are pseudoscience and do not exist. Of course you can find unscrupulous people who are more than willing to take your money and come examine your house using fancy scientific looking instruments but that isn't really going to help you.

Now you came here and asked a question, we gave you the answers and now you don't like what we had to say so you're getting upset and wanting us to watch youtube videos. I have to ask then, why did you come here asking questions if you are going to refuse to accept answers that don't fit what you already settled on?

Offline brabus

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2021, 06:31:30 am »
Best thing to do: ask some random guys on the internet and blame them if they do no second what you are saying.

If you truly believe what you are saying, there is enough material to make the breaking news. You must call an official lab and perform some accurate measurements. You may find ou some surprising results: my neighbour had a malfunctioning alarm, which kept screaming ultrasonic whistles, driving everyone mad in the neighborhood. No one could figure out what was happening, until the guy came and pinpointed the origin of the problem.

Maybe your neighbours just have a defective hung lo wifi repeater, that's it.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2021, 08:26:32 am »
Haven't we heard all this before?

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2021, 09:05:12 am »
It could be wifi.
Exactly.
Just admit it.

With respect MSparkie, nobody should be making fun of you or bleittling your fears but we do have knowledge of the equipment and we are not out to make money from you.

Ask yourself who stands to profit from this, us or the person taking your money to perform an 'EMF home inspection'?

Please, ask a trusted medical professional about what's happening to you.

Ask more than one if you like, choose them at random if that helps assuage your fears.

The following users thanked this post: wraper, MK14, james_s

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2021, 02:25:23 pm »
It could be wifi.
Exactly.
Just admit it.

As other(s) have said. I think you are being scammed and/or believing things which are NOT true.

Those EMF meters and talk of weapons, are likely to be scams and NOT true.

EDIT: To clarify. Radio signals/interference is all over the place, and is normal. But talk of 'weapons' as regards EMF, is almost certainly false, nonsense/scam/mental-health issue related.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 02:39:08 pm by MK14 »

Offline JohnnyMalaria

• Super Contributor
    • Enlighten Scientific LLC
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2021, 03:03:19 pm »
Hello
I have a situation I'm trying to resolve.
My neighbour in apartment above me is definitely directing energy waves directly at me through her floor.
It has been suggested that it is an RF SIGNAL GENERATOR.   
- tell that the signal is effecting my body....they mainly target my stomach/torso or my head (not both at same time)?
- tell when I manage to block it with EMF blocking materials and notice they react?
- vibrate my floors?

How are they getting the feedback?

I would appreciate your expertise.

Thank you.

If possible, try spending a day or two away from your apartment and see if the symptoms go away.

It could be a physiological issue - perhaps nerve compression in your back or legs that shows up when you are idle. I used to get all kinds of weird headaches and "brain zaps" until a chiropractor determined I had a problem in my lower back. For me, the remedy was simple: stop sitting/slouching on soft furnishings. To this day, I only ever sit on simple wooden chairs. All the strange headaches etc are gone.

These same kinds of odd nervous effects can also start to play games with you psychologically.

If you can get away for a day or two and the symptoms do clear up, then you should keep a detailed log of when you experience them in your apartment - when, where and what you were doing - and if your neighbors were in or not. You may spot a pattern. You'll also have some documentation.

I do encourage you to see a doctor just to rule out anything medical (physical or mental).

I also discourage you from "EMF inspectors" - that seems dubious to say the least.

Offline CaptDon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2021, 05:04:02 pm »
O.K. msparkie, enough of your paranoric rantings. Here's what you do, get yourself a fluorescent light bulb, the old kind, a 15 or 20 watt 18" or 24" will be perfect. Also an A23 based neon lamp would be good to have. Look at the large neon lamps on Ebay for instance, the one with the masonic square and compasses comes to mind. Keep the neon lamp and fluorescent lamp near you. ANY ENERGY STRONG ENOUGH TO HARM YOU WILL CAUSE EITHER OR BOTH OF THOSE BULBS TO LIGHT IN MID-AIR!!! Its true, I use nixie tubes to test radar transmitters all the time, and used fluorescent tubes to light my way in the antenna field after dark at a 5kw AM station. Even though the energy was high enough to light the lamps I still could feel no effects. I assure you your lamps will not light as you are a flake seeking someone to tell you what you already think is true and then if they say it's true you have your evidence even though they are just trying to comfort your paranoia. DO AS I SAID AND TELL US IF THOSE LIGHTS ACTUALLY LIGHT!!!!! If they do, you have a case, if they don't you are an asshole!!! If they do light how about send us a video or post it on youtube, then and only then will we assume you are not a flake. Bye bye.

Collector and repairer of vintage and not so vintage electronic gadgets and test equipment. What's the difference between a pizza and a musician? A pizza can feed a family of four!! Classically trained guitarist. Sound engineer.

The following users thanked this post: MK14, radiolistener

Offline LaserSteve

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2021, 05:54:29 pm »
Do Believe me there are people in this world who make a great scam of  harassing their neighbors. Been on the Receiving end of that.

Don't believe me when I tell you I worked for a corporate  group that developed less then lethal weapons for about a  year.
Don't believe me when I tell you that the microwave power levels involved will light a long straight fluorescent tube, and the doctor would be treating you for cumulative burns.
Don't believe me when I tell that dual  ultrasound sources doing a mode beat  is used for harassment far more then RF and is far cheaper. Its also terribly easy to detect.
Do not believe me when I tell you that tilting one ear towards the ground usually defeats the above audio devices (Called a Null Spot)

Do not believe me when I tell you the magnetic fields involved to induce hearing in the human head are measured in Teslas (huge number) and require for the most part, either a pulse driven  coil directly on the skull or a liquid nitrogen cooled magnet. 

Seek mental help from a professional or start with  a faith leader who can guide you to professional  help. . You'll be better off.

The usual scam involves your neighbors telling you lies and manipulating you, or hitting the floor below with a hammer at night, NOT beaming RF at you. 

Steve

« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 06:03:38 pm by LaserSteve »
"What the devil kind of Engineer are thou, that canst not slay a hedgehog with your naked arse?"

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2021, 11:18:16 pm »
If they do, you have a case, if they don't you are an asshole!!! If they do light how about send us a video or post it on youtube, then and only then will we assume you are not a flake. Bye bye.

I think that's a bit harsh. Nobody chooses mental illness and having a condition like paranoid schizophrenia doesn't make one an asshole, they genuinely believe their delusions are real and can't help it. We can't help them either though, it is a job for a trained psychiatric professional and may require a combination of medication and therapy.

The following users thanked this post: MK14, george.b

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2021, 12:23:31 am »
I believe its still closed. They need the mystery machine.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/19/americas/us-cuba-biden-intl/index.html

For all you know its bin laden pretending to be castro's ghost

Seeing they are both dead, wouldn't Castro's ghost be upset & kick Bin Laden's ghost's butt!

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2021, 12:50:05 am »
I have a definite feeling of deja vu, here.

(1)The normal process is that the OP posts something about being targetted with "RF" or "microwaves".

(2)This is followed by fairly rational explanation that what was "experienced" is not practically possible.

(3) The OP rejects the information &  quotes some dodgy authority to "prove"  their point.

(4) The other participants are unsure how to proceed,being confused whether the OP is uninformed as to what is physically possible, demented, or a plain old garden variety troll.

(5) Being, in the main, nice people, they take the most charitable explanation as being correct.

(6) So down the rabbit hole---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------page after page-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------until, around step
(100) Thread locked, OP banned!

OP bides their time, then comes back with a new name, starts the whole crap over again!

As a nasty old sod, I suggest we go straight to step (100) following step (1)! >:( >:(

The following users thanked this post: Fraser, MK14, george.b, Grandchuck

Offline JohnnyMalaria

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2021, 01:34:36 am »

(1)The normal process is that the OP posts something about being targetted with "RF" or "microwaves".

(2)This is followed by fairly rational explanation that what was "experienced" is not practically possible.

(3) The OP rejects the information &  quotes some dodgy authority to "prove"  their point.

(4) The other participants are unsure how to proceed,being confused whether the OP is uninformed as to what is physically possible, demented, or a plain old garden variety troll.

(5) Being, in the main, nice people, they take the most charitable explanation as being correct.

(6) So down the rabbit hole---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------page after page-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------until, around step

OP bides their time, then comes back with a new name, starts the whole crap over again!

As a nasty old sod, I suggest we go straight to step (100) following step (1)! >:( >:(

Or you could choose to ignore the thread.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2021, 02:49:44 am »

Possible, but I had two different friends and one acquaintance who developed paranoid schizophrenia in their 20s and their behavior was remarkably similar, and very much like the OP. I try to give benefit of the doubt.

Offline SpecialK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2021, 03:49:46 am »
On the flip side, my friend has this really obnoxious neighbour.  He plays loud music, day or night. Wakes her newborn.  When he leaves for work at 5:30 am he revs his motorcycle which apparently has straight pipes.  When she goes into her own backyard, his dog barks at her.  He doesn't pickup his dog's shit from her lawn when he walks him if he thinks nobody is watching.  She can't open her windows during the mild weather because he loves to "grill" and his barbecue has only one setting and that's burnt.

Is there any any to sabotage him to wake him sporadically when he sleeps? Like rumble or vibrate the floors?  Can she direct an energy beam at his motorcycle's ignition to disable it?  Is there a way to cause him gastrointestinal pain so he wont bbq?

Again, asking for a friend.

Online Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2021, 04:08:30 am »
I'd start by investing in a 25lb bag of fine-ground black pepper to 'dose' the lawn with in dry weather.  The owner isn't teachable, but the dog is!

Otherwise research local noise control laws and get a calibrated noise recorder!

Anything else would be illegal, and it would be a crime if his barbecue got well hozed down with a super-soaker filled with a strong solution of skunk essence!  8)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 04:10:07 am by Ian.M »

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2021, 04:19:16 am »
not sure how I feel answering a question on how to deny a man bbq

Online Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2021, 04:24:42 am »
If it helps, imagine he grills Hákarl, Durian, and rancid veggieburgers!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 04:26:24 am by Ian.M »

Offline SpecialK

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2021, 04:28:54 am »
Burn meat inside your house rather than outdoors?  I mean it really sucks when you bring your clothes in from off the line and they smell like firefighter turnout gear.  But I guess we need to use aircon and an electric clothes dryer all year long.  Might as well add some more CO2 to the atmosphere to go along with all that soot and particulate these jerks are adding to the air.  Learn to properly charbroil, and not roll coal.

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2021, 04:40:36 am »
that sounds like arson not bbq

can you get him under chemical weapons production?

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2021, 05:43:44 am »
Well there's no law against grilling outdoors, and there's no law against being a jerk. In some cases your best option may to be to move. You could try befriending the guy, hey may not be as bad as he seems once you get to know him, or maybe not. Attempting any kind of revenge is just likely to escalate.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2021, 07:51:21 am »
sounds like befriending is out. moving is probably best depending on how much your law enforcement will support you with a complaint. My sister had issues with her neighbour who being a single mother (and rotating dormitory for many blokes in the area) played thumping music all night. In the end she had to move, police were hopeless even though the house was being damaged as revenge. I never did get round to going back round there to apply some strong loctite to their front door lock as someone suggested to me..

Offline A.Z.

• Frequent Contributor

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2021, 02:50:08 pm »
When the Floor is Vibrating there could be many reasion like big Speaker System. My Dad like to turn his Speaker on max when he watch TV. In our Appartment we hear often just brrr, brrr, brrr,... that come from his Bass Box.  >:( For him everything sound normal but for everyone else we hear that sound...
And the other think maybe a Washing Maschine if the are near a Wall the can transfer there rumble noise truth the Building.

Well my neighbour drive insane when I installed the Wifi Antenna in our Yard. The scream at me what kind of death array I installed... Since the Antenna is installed the got headache (even the Antenna is not connect to anything beside of the Cable who get feed into a emty Box...  :-DD
Made in Japan, destroyed in Sulz im Wienerwald.

Offline TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2021, 03:32:18 pm »
One thing that might be motivating these complaints is the still-controversial problems reported by American diplomats (and others) in Cuba, ca. 2016-2017, nicknamed the “Havana syndrome” (q.v.).  One theory is use of pulsed microwaves, another is sonic energy.  Later, similar symptoms were reported in China.

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2021, 03:53:56 pm »
Well maybe its there own surveillance technology who make them sick.
Here in Vienna some US 3 LTR Agency rent the upper 2 Floor on a Skyscraper next to the UNO City maybe someone know. ~3 Floors under there are emty for ears since everyone who moved in report that there IT and the most Wireless System like Phone, Wifi,... not propper work. Everyone acuse the 3 LTR Agency up there.  :=\

Offline DrG

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2021, 05:26:22 pm »

I understand where you are coming from and that (just go to step 100) is definitely one way "forward". Something like how the board would like to treat political topics (with varying degrees of success).

Part of me regrets bothering to respond to the OP or the thread in general and another part does not.

The optimism in me tries to believe that there may be a window of opportunity to influence the OP to come to the conclusion that alternative explanations are possible. In my view, attribution is strong in all brains whether chemical unbalance exists or not.

As usual, inappropriate use of Occam's razor is invoked https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/08/occams-razor/495332/ Accepting simple explanations WITHOUT evidence may be preferred over accepting complex explanations WITHOUT evidence, but in both situations, explanations without evidence are being accepted and we can do better than that. So, that reasoning also expresses the optimism in me that I use to rationalize contributing to the thread.

The pessimism in me says it is a fool's errand and a waste of time.

Most people on this board know that it is POSSIBLE that what the OP is experiencing is due to "targeted energy waves". Most also know that, based on their knowledge of the area, that it is unlikely because of practical limits as they are conventionally understood.

Some on the board, having knowledge and experience (likely indirectly) with some level of paranoid schizophrenia or paranoid delusions, see that direction as the explanation. None on the board, however, are qualified to diagnose someone based on submission of two posts. To be clear, that area is where I would put my money and that is falling into the exact trap that I am talking about.

So, where exactly is the adherence to a standard of proof?  The embassy situation, which has come up, is so politically charged that when I brought up a contracted expert opinion concerning what could be possible explanations, it was met (IMO) with absolutely ludicrous alternative explanation, each without  evidence offered, but with the claim that it was MORE likely. https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/microwave-weapons/msg3356346/#msg3356346

This general issue was around long before the embassy issue. See, for example, the commission from 20 years ago in 2011 - take a look at the public commentary here https://www.information-book.com/electromagnetic-harassment-health-attacks/victims-testify-at-presidential-bioethics-commission/ You think you are going to convince those folks that they are all delusional? Moreover, since you do not know that they are delusional (no matter how compelling it is to believe as much), why should you?

I feel very strongly that it is difficult or impossible to change some people's mind on this subject - as is the case with many conspiracy theories and political issues. But, I also think that there are people who can be influenced by an appeal to evidenced-based thinking, critical thinking and a standard of proof - all three of which seem to be in decline (or is that just my age showing?).

To the OP, I will stick with what I said because I do care and I feel that the advice that I (and others) gave is as good as I can do in this context.

While we know that "targeted energy waves" are possible, I don't know of anyone claiming that they are not detectable. So too, certain symptoms. For example, the "vibrating floor" - well, that is not hard to measure and cheaply. I get frustrated when going that route legitimately is not pursued but going this route https://quwave.com/defender.html?source=def-ti2&msclkid=d6a640e607e610ce6d5220d9b636e1e3 is pursued. So often, the attribution has been made and is resistant to change - but not always (again, window of opportunity).

I do not want to go the route of supporting or driving people to the latter route because I personally believe that those "products" are BS and I don't care if you find someone (shill or not) that claims some relief from using them. I do believe that these "energy waves" can be measured and I understand what a random controlled clinical trial is about and I understand that people get better and get worse for reasons that are not understood.

I hope that this does not sound too much like self-centered righteousness, I really do think about these matters a lot and feel some responsibility to do so.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 06:20:59 pm by DrG »
- Invest in science - it pays big dividends. -

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2021, 08:30:03 pm »
When the Floor is Vibrating there could be many reasion like big Speaker System. My Dad like to turn his Speaker on max when he watch TV. In our Appartment we hear often just brrr, brrr, brrr,... that come from his Bass Box.  >:( For him everything sound normal but for everyone else we hear that sound...
And the other think maybe a Washing Maschine if the are near a Wall the can transfer there rumble noise truth the Building.

Well my neighbour drive insane when I installed the Wifi Antenna in our Yard. The scream at me what kind of death array I installed... Since the Antenna is installed the got headache (even the Antenna is not connect to anything beside of the Cable who get feed into a emty Box...  :-DD

My dad used to have one of those armchairs that had a bunch of vibrating massage motors built into it with a controller that had different patterns. That thing would set up all kinds of resonances and vibrate the floors all over the house in certain modes so it could be something like that.

The antenna is a great example of the placebo effect.

Offline nali

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2021, 10:02:42 pm »
The Nocebo effect, which is more or less the Placebo in reverse.

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2021, 11:06:10 pm »
The antenna is a great example of the placebo effect.
May damn brain got tricked to!
I put a Discone Antenna infront of my Window for reception only. Often there isnt any SDR Plugged in but when I see them I feel something weird.  :palm:

Offline CaptDon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: March 04, 2021, 03:48:41 pm »
Back in the 'bad old days' of outdoor antenna T.V. reception I bought an 18AVQ 80 meter through 10 meter ham band vertical antenna and knowing the placebo effect put it as close to a tree as I could in an effort to hide it. (Bad for reception by the way) Within about 1 week a neighbor saw it and told other neighbors about it and I started getting complaints about me interfering with T.V. reception. Here is the kicker, I was getting ready to feed it with an underground run of RG8/u but the cable had not even been purchased and NOTHING was connected to the antenna!! People believe what they want too!! B.T.W., the original poster has asked this question before under other 'handles' and in different forums. Either a troll / clickbait or someone with mental problems!! Is there anything faker than the paranormal investigator show on T.V.??? (Hmmm, Jerry Springer and Televangelists for a start)
Collector and repairer of vintage and not so vintage electronic gadgets and test equipment. What's the difference between a pizza and a musician? A pizza can feed a family of four!! Classically trained guitarist. Sound engineer.

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2021, 05:30:12 pm »
Back in the 'bad old days' of outdoor antenna T.V. reception I bought an 18AVQ 80 meter through 10 meter ham band vertical antenna and knowing the placebo effect put it as close to a tree as I could in an effort to hide it. (Bad for reception by the way) Within about 1 week a neighbor saw it and told other neighbors about it and I started getting complaints about me interfering with T.V. reception. Here is the kicker, I was getting ready to feed it with an underground run of RG8/u but the cable had not even been purchased and NOTHING was connected to the antenna!! People believe what they want too!! B.T.W., the original poster has asked this question before under other 'handles' and in different forums. Either a troll / clickbait or someone with mental problems!! Is there anything faker than the paranormal investigator show on T.V.??? (Hmmm, Jerry Springer and Televangelists for a start)

Probably was placebo effect, but also remotely possible that reflections off of your antenna caused ghosts or other interference which was new.  It would be no stranger than long range ducting of vhf signals or other weird things that happen occasionally.

Offline JohnnyMalaria

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: March 04, 2021, 05:34:40 pm »
Either a troll / clickbait or someone with mental problems!!

And all apparently equally deserving of your disdain?

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2021, 05:46:49 pm »

Probably was placebo effect, but also remotely possible that reflections off of your antenna caused ghosts or other interference which was new.  It would be no stranger than long range ducting of vhf signals or other weird things that happen occasionally.

the ignorant will always talk bullshit. My grandmother decided that I was responsible for her high electric bill because she once saw that I had 2 whole AA battery chargers on at once, the fact that she had 3 freezers that were ancient and inefficient completely eluded the stupid old cow! I was driven to insanity when one of the damn things just ran non stop once it became so worn out that it could not cope at all and was so pleased when the damn thing just broke down. For some reason my grandparents who did large weekly shops felt the need to keep food for up to a decade in these 3 power hogs, but no any small electrical thing I would do was to blame for the bill to the point I was not allowed to leave the kitchen in the evenings and go to my room to do something other than be blasted by the TV because the light bulb in my bedroom was going to cause a surge in the electricity consumption of the house despite a CRT TV + 3 freezers + a fridge freezer.

I'm sure the moment a neighbour saw any imperfection in their TV reception that they conveniently never remembered seeing before they would blame the new mystery antenna. Just think how stupid the average person is, now think that half of them are progressively more stupid than that.

The following users thanked this post: cdev, MK14

Online Ian.M

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2021, 06:02:07 pm »
Some cellphone network companies resort to building the cell site and erecting the antennae but *NOT* installing the electronics in the cabinets till they are ready to commission the site.  Certified and dated photos of empty equipment cabinets with the antennae feeds hanging loose makes the invariable complaint of various malaises attributed to 4G/5G 'radiation' from local resident nimby groups much easier to get thrown out of court if it even gets that far, as even the dumbest and most prejudiced technophobic judge cant rule that nonexistent equipment was responsible and make it stick!  :-DD
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 08:38:13 pm by Ian.M »

The following users thanked this post: amyk, MK14, george.b

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2021, 08:29:24 pm »
Be careful of using statistics to prove things.  You can cite huge numbers of cases where ignorant people blamed the wrong thing and it doesn't prove that other things don't happen.  It is valid to assume that ignorant BS is the likely answer, but it is not an excuse for being closed to other possibilities.

It is also dangerous to use personal history.  Simon, I agree that your grandparents were incorrectly blaming you for their high electric bills.  But your very difficult experience with the grandparents will have a tendency to cause you to discount older folks opinions.  Remember that if you are so lucky to achieve that age.

It is remotely possible that the OP's experience is real.  That his upstairs neighbor is a Howard Hughes like character, technically astute, clinically insane with immense financial resources available.  The advice given by at least a few here is valid.  Get real measurements, or leave the environment.  If neither action gives real data to support the hypothesis then get clinical help for yourself.  Laughing at him, or dismissing his claims as baseless without evidence beyond statistics is not evidence of commitment to truth.

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2021, 08:41:57 pm »
Maybe some People dont know that Amateur Radio Hobbist are permit to Transmit with 500W at 2,4Ghz.  :-BROKE

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2021, 08:50:12 pm »
Be careful of using statistics to prove things.  You can cite huge numbers of cases where ignorant people blamed the wrong thing and it doesn't prove that other things don't happen.  It is valid to assume that ignorant BS is the likely answer, but it is not an excuse for being closed to other possibilities.

I didn't use statistics, it was actually a line from a comedy show....., and i bet the guy was talking about half his audience. I am sorry to say that most people are ignorant, it's just a fact, unless every person I meet has a background in electronics they have no right to comment on related matters but plenty do. People are slow to not see their lack of knowledge and very fast to cast judgement based on literally no knowledge or facts (Dunning-Kruger). People do not like to realise they do not understand "stuff" because most people have big ego's which is a polite way of saying they are assholes that don't know that they are assholes.

In the medieval times the ignorant persecuted the knowledgeable for being "witches" under the guidance of the church which wanted to maintain it's power and feared non allied intelligent people, same thing, we just grew out of burning people at the stake. At work i almost feel like this because i am the sole electrically gifted person in a company full of old fashioned mechanical engineers who just want to hit things with hammers and do it like they have for 30 years. The company systems are a joke and 30 years later barely handle the mechanical designs because even though they changed software they made sure it works just the way the old one did because they can't handle the new and unknown. Then i come along and try to do PCB designs under this "system", so on the one hand they don't want to know about my work or discuss how to document it or change systems to deal with it yet when they can't understand it I am hiding information and doing it all wrong..... The world is full of assholes that are thick as shit so yea, if someone decides that their poor TV reception is due to a subtle change in their environment I call them a liar, it's just a fact that there is very little chance that they have an effing clue what they are talking about, people just like to think they understand and will treat those who do like shit because they don't want to have their views challenged.

This is why humanity progresses so slowly, you can't change peoples mind and bring in new ideas, you have to literally wait for them to die out!

Yes I had a bad day at work so forgive me from being triggered by the suggestion that an ignorant twat of a neighbour could know jack shit about TV reception!

Offline JohnnyMalaria

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2021, 09:13:04 pm »
The world is full of assholes that are thick as shit so yea, if someone decides that their poor TV reception is due to a subtle change in their environment I call them a liar, it's just a fact that there is very little chance that they have an effing clue what they are talking about, people just like to think they understand and will treat those who do like shit because they don't want to have their views challenged.

Speaking out of ignorance doesn't make someone a liar. But if you respond angrily by assuming they are lying, how do you expect to help relieve their ignorance? Perhaps you should revisit how you challenge other people.

The following users thanked this post: TheUnnamedNewbie, MK14

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2021, 09:16:57 pm »
challenge people? what's the point in bothering? Most people will make up their own minds about stuff as shown in the examples above because it suits them, they want to believe these things even if factually incorrect and won't accept any changes. Your OP it not so weird after all, he came here wanting validation for his opinion and since being told that what he thinks is not so he has not been back! perfectly "normal" human behaviour.

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2021, 10:06:22 pm »
challenge people? what's the point in bothering? Most people will make up their own minds about stuff as shown in the examples above because it suits them, they want to believe these things even if factually incorrect and won't accept any changes. Your OP it not so weird after all, he came here wanting validation for his opinion and since being told that what he thinks is not so he has not been back! perfectly "normal" human behaviour.

When you assume that the person talking to you is ignorant, and didn't really see the facts he is reporting you are using statistics.  Not formally, but actually.  And there is nothing wrong with that if used appropriately.  The likelihood of the facts being correct is low enough that maybe it isn't worth your time to respond.  But if the response is that there is no possible way that he is right, you have used those empirical statistics incorrectly.

It is kind of like when someone tells you they tossed a coin on a flat surface and it landed on its edge and you say "No way".  You are likely right, but you are taking your experience over the reporting persons observation.  Which absolutely can be true, regardless of that persons expertise in coin flipping.  He could be lying to you, may have done some hidden trick to make it possible, or it may have been that one in some enormous number chance of the coin ending on its edge or something else altogether.  It takes more than an assertion to determine what really happened.

Offline gnuarm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2021, 11:12:51 pm »
I'm sure the moment a neighbour saw any imperfection in their TV reception that they conveniently never remembered seeing before they would blame the new mystery antenna. Just think how stupid the average person is, now think that half of them are progressively more stupid than that.

Yeah, it's one thing to be stupid.  It's another thing to not realize you are stupid and should try to pay attention to smarter people rather than those who want to manipulate you.  Even if someone doesn't take the word of smarter people, at least try to understand what they are saying.  Many times it's a matter of drama.  Let's face it, many like drama.

Offline LaserSteve

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2021, 11:39:24 pm »
Some times I wonder if some of these trolls are long time duration research projects.  I traced one who plagued my academic employer , as well as half of the  world's technical newsgroups, to a fixed IP assigned to a psych department  at an Ivy League school  of all places. An official  phone call to their  IT resulted in all sorts of hemming and hawing about that email and address,  and attacking me for censorship.    They did NOT want to reveal the owner's name.   That's OK, I started forwarding all the harassment  posts to their IT head.  It stopped eventually.   

I'd name the famous troll but I fear they might pop up again.   Hint:  1 bit PWM Ultraviolet Laser Disk  Video with Fluorescence  / Atomic weight contains four  and nine,  if your a grey beard and want to know whom.

Rule number of troll repulsion, don't name she/he who will NOT be named.

Steve 

« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 11:44:12 pm by LaserSteve »
"What the devil kind of Engineer are thou, that canst not slay a hedgehog with your naked arse?"

The following users thanked this post: pardo-bsso

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2021, 11:49:35 pm »
lol its probobly hacked because its a psych department running windows 95

I renember how it was

in a university computer science has decent equipment
computer engineering has some what OK equipment
electrical engineering has shady equipment (old unix stations mixed with some more modern computers, but its maintained by fascist admins so it is OK, they spy on it, frequently wipe it, etc.. usually because they have work with companies that are paranoid about their IP)
physics is all over the place, but usually there is some linux hobbyist around keeping it secure

then you have psychology and linguistics, that is where the malware is, on the legacy 95 machines with crts

what happened is probobly an IT crackdown as a result of persistent badgering

a ivy league university actually puts some money towards ethics (its a good way to fire very high powered near invulnerable very highly paid professors). those guys can have a single lecture 15 minutes a week about cooking waffles without repercussions but you can bust them on ethics violations

with how old that place is they probobly found a old computer behind some drywall running a russian mail server
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 11:58:49 pm by coppercone2 »

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2021, 03:04:39 pm »
On reflection (especially after the OP's second and final so far post). I suspect they found that video (that shows wi-fi 'seeing people' through walls), and decided to create a troll thread about it. They hoped we would say it 'can't be done', then they would go "Ha ha, it can, see that video, you were all WRONG".

They may have other accounts on this forum, but I removed an earlier post saying whom, as we don't seem to have a moderators discussion section, any more (all threads locked, apparently). So I no longer have a place to easily discuss it (except the report to moderator, facility, or PM'ing a mod/admin).

The video seems to simply shows that some kind of signal, can be reflected back, and somewhat visualized on a screen. It doesn't necessarily mean that practicable/working/affordable units, can be available for people to buy.

If they are available, they probably cost a fortune, and are mainly sold to law enforcement/Police. Not something their neighbor would have, in all likelihood.

Hopefully I'm wrong (troll thread), and they have or are seeking medical treatment, as required.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 03:16:06 pm by MK14 »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2021, 08:00:43 pm »
To be honest when this thread was reported it reminded me of a similar thread we had just weeks ago, neighbour can tell where person is and inflicts pain from a distance by directing some unknown weapon with accuracy. Seemed too similar to be a coincidence not that I have bothered to check it out, what's the point.

The easiest thing is to contact one of us if you think you have something to make us aware of. It has been thoroughly proven that open discussion on the forum about moderation does not end well and there is no guarantee we get notifications of new replies. I suspect there is a bug in SMF because I see this reoccurring pattern that when a thread gets quite long I just stop getting notifications at random.

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2021, 08:24:14 pm »
To be honest when this thread was reported it reminded me of a similar thread we had just weeks ago, neighbour can tell where person is and inflicts pain from a distance by directing some unknown weapon with accuracy. Seemed too similar to be a coincidence not that I have bothered to check it out, what's the point.

The easiest thing is to contact one of us if you think you have something to make us aware of. It has been thoroughly proven that open discussion on the forum about moderation does not end well and there is no guarantee we get notifications of new replies. I suspect there is a bug in SMF because I see this reoccurring pattern that when a thread gets quite long I just stop getting notifications at random.

I remember that thread. Something about a suspected Ultrasonic WEAPON, with WEAPON also, being a significant theme in this thread.

That sonic thread, was obvious total nonsense, when I saw it, because there were a number of very serious technical mistakes in the original post (OP). I.e. I knew with almost a certainty, that it had to be a troll thread, right from the start.

The opening post in this thread, has enough technical mistakes (compared to real life), to illustrate that it couldn't be a true story. Unless the person was mentally ill and/or badly mistaken.

I.e. If it had been true and correct, then there were important things (observations) missing from the OP's 'story'. Similarly, it has reports of things, which just don't work that way in practice. Since the OP might be reading this, I'll let them continue to make (apparently) technically inaccurate stories.

As others have said. Even if I'm >95% sure it is probably a troll thread. I'd prefer to suggest the correct course of action (seek medical help, as regards possible mental health issues), than risk alienating a person who really needs help. Just in case, I'm mistaken and there is a real person, with real issues behind the thread.

Anyway, if I'm unsure, as to if it is a troll thread or not, I don't want to jump in and spoil an innocent posters thread, with genuine questions and/or get a bad reputation or even reprimanded by the mods/admins, on this/a forum.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 08:26:22 pm by MK14 »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2021, 08:26:53 pm »
It could just be that we have been blessed with two people who need medical help and if so hopefully they have sought it. If they are trolling the joke is on them.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2021, 08:28:14 pm »
Simon, I'm sorry to hear that you grew up dealing with that kind of environment. Ouch.

I've had to deal with my share of stuff like that too. Its horrible.
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline LaserSteve

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2021, 09:08:20 pm »
   I did the acoustic less then lethal thing as part of a "red team" sort of organization reporting to a defense contractor's VP of sales.
They simply were not skilled at making simple and low cost, so we'd design  it,  and they would convert it to production and market it.
My stuff got handed over to people with Masters and Doctorates, used to doing things the way they were taught. That said there were one or two innovators at the corporate bunch, but I had to meet them after hours at their offices so we could experiment and talk freely.

Getting the non-linear effects needed to "hear voices" requires a real tight beam from an ultrasound array.  It will not go through walls without scattering.     We preferred to work in the hearable audible spectrum.  When I saw the U-beam threads I was laughing for months, and feeling sorry for the folks dealing with Meredith but could not post about what I knew.    Would not dare risk showing some simple improvements that would have made matters far worse in the end if that ever deployed.  No, dear friends of Meredith who might still visit here, it would still not accomplish your power transfer dreams.  Even then, it is patented and not for licensing.

While pirates in a certain ocean region probably hate my former boss to no end, there are limitations on acoustic crowd control and harassment methods. Suffice it to say I know what details to look for that sing out (pun intended) when the real devices are in use.  I almost never see them in the posts by people who think they are under bombardment by these things.  I know how to push people out past a certain critical distance.  However driving some one insane in their apartment is best done with other means, if it should ever be done at all.  Both acoustic and RF have some dead giveaways.

That audio technology became far more useful for warning systems and units for use in natural disasters.  It ended up saving lives, just not in the form it was intended for. 

I also have experience with optical  methodologies, and got told my design for optical was just too clever for use in crowd control, as it targeted the leaders and grabbed pics  while scanning the crowd, and controlling exposure to each individual.  Problem with politics is today's emotional and charisma endowed   rioting protest leader  might be tomorrow's friendly politician so there are de-facto limits on what you can do without usurping democracy. That I agree with. The level between annoyance / disorientation and  and damage in optical is just too damn close to retinal burns for cheap optical to work. Best to warn folks to move off, stay back, stop,  and that is how the US military uses optical today.

As far as physical less then lethal goes, the margin between useful effects and actually producing injury is usually  quite tight.  The unit that is fine  in the hands of a person with training, practice, judgement and accountability, can quickly become an issue in the hands of some one with other motives or poor judgment.  "And rebels have been rebels since I don't know when".

BTW, The superior technical product never took the market share. The other team with the inferior  beam pattern and energy density  had far too many former retired  admirals and generals on their board.

So when I see certain types of posts, I always try to steer folks to mental health professionals. 

At my place of worship I had to deal with one individual who was convinced that only certain individuals were getting a certain enzyme that promoted growth and health.  For the rest of us, it was being removed from food.  Man, for months he begged me to run the test for him, telling me the methodology for running the test  (specialized HPLC columns) had been removed from the market by the "cabal"  Only way he was going away was if I ran "clandestine" tests for him. 

Finally got through to him by asking for his credit card, when it came down to ordering the 900$ per sample test kit.  That actually did it, months of patiently bringing in quotes for the kits and journal articles, as well as explaining all tests I can run are logged.  Then I had to explain the HPLC was not in my "domain".  Come to work with me, I'll log you into the building as a guest,  and you can  order the materials by making a donation thru channels and work with some one.  That did it for the most part.    I finally managed to convince him 1. He needed help, 2. The material was still in food.   To this day I have no idea why a non-scientist selected that obscure enzyme, as I really had to dig into the bio  literature to find what it was.  Turns out a methods patent was issued,  and second sources of the test WERE pulled from the market under threat of litigation.

Lots of folks who have these kind of thoughts really just need to make new friends, and talk through the underlying problems.  Others really do need help and meds.

I don't know what drives the Flat Earthers, though.  Have no idea how to solve that one.

Steve

« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 09:33:19 pm by LaserSteve »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2021, 10:05:49 pm »
It has been made very apparent over the last few years that "reality" is the figment of peoples imagination no matter how wild and crazy that reality is.

The following users thanked this post: LaserSteve, MK14

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2021, 11:27:17 pm »
It has been made very apparent over the last few years that "reality" is the figment of peoples imagination no matter how wild and crazy that reality is.

Reality is all relative to some anchor point, and that point is slightly different for everyone. We all perceive the world based on interpreting what our senses detect and interpolating other details, it's hardly surprising that it's a little bit different based on who you ask. I've wondered at times whether what I see as red is what someone else might interpret as blue, there's no way of knowing.

Offline LaserSteve

• Super Contributor
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2021, 11:42:12 pm »
When I worked with tunable visible lasers, we had a colorblind FSE in the field who loved playing "Guess that Wavelength" with new users in the field.  As long as he held the remote control.  He could deadpan perfectly  smile when doing it.  You would think he actually knew what color it was.    It was all "GREY" to him.    So for some small subset of sane people, reality will be different but similar.
But one day I had the remote, and caught him. Had worked for a year for him and did not know he was colorblind. He had the "blue/yellow" version, whatever that IS.

Love your post anyways.

Steve
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 11:45:24 pm by LaserSteve »

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2021, 04:54:13 am »

Reality is all relative to some anchor point, and that point is slightly different for everyone. We all perceive the world based on interpreting what our senses detect and interpolating other details, it's hardly surprising that it's a little bit different based on who you ask. I've wondered at times whether what I see as red is what someone else might interpret as blue, there's no way of knowing.

There's a whole sub-branch of philosophy (and to some extent psychology) dedicated to that phenomenon. The internal 'sensation' you experience when seeing red is a "quale", collectively "qualia" (pron.: kwaalia).

Does everybody experience the same quale when seeing red, or do some people experience the quale you experience when seeing blue, or even experience the quale you experience when tasting salt? People with synesthesia are highly sort out by psychologists who study the phenomenon.

If you thought being a volt-nut was a rabbit hole, it's nothing compared to qualia in the hands of a philosophy student.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2021, 07:55:37 am »
I over react to red so make all of my light a bit bluer which some people find a bit too much. It's not supposed to be colour blindness as such or if it is never been a problem do diagnose but is referred to as "visual stress" or several other names. I have all my glasses tinted blue to counteract it as it makes me tired and I am a colour temperature nerd when it comes to my screens having abandoned those horrible overlay filters.

That thing people go on about with "blue light" from screens that will stop you sleeping is totally not a thing for me as I am less sensitive to blue anyway.

I hear sound differently as well. I am very sensitive to lower frequencies or just struggle to tune them out. Colleagues are not too bothered by the air conditioning at work but I wear noise cancelling headphones. When I do I can actually hear people further away talking better than with the headphones off.

Offline m3vuv

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2021, 10:16:15 am »
sounds like another lunatic!

Online KE5FX

• Super Contributor
    • KE5FX.COM
« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2021, 10:29:48 am »
There is only one correct answer to this question: get a carbon monoxide detector, now.

Speculations about someone's mental health on the Internet are always fun, but the reality is that this kind of symptom can have a very tangible external cause, one that kills people when left uncorrected.

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2021, 05:23:32 pm »
There is only one correct answer to this question: get a carbon monoxide detector, now.

Speculations about someone's mental health on the Internet are always fun, but the reality is that this kind of symptom can have a very tangible external cause, one that kills people when left uncorrected.

Good advice, but there is no such thing as only one correct answer in a case like this.

Offline LaserSteve

• Super Contributor
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2021, 07:04:49 pm »
I like the CO detector and I'll add Ergot poisoning / existing meds/ hypertension.

Steve
« Last Edit: March 06, 2021, 07:06:28 pm by LaserSteve »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2021, 07:40:16 pm »
I keep meaning to get one. I was allerted to the fact that it would be a good idea when the man came to service the boiler and had to wave his sensor out the window to get it to zero, but at the same time, in the winter I don't want to be spending a fortune on heating.

Online KE5FX

• Super Contributor
    • KE5FX.COM
« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2021, 01:18:56 am »
I like the CO detector and I'll add Ergot poisoning / existing meds/ hypertension.

Steve

I've also heard that black mold can cause this type of symptom.   CO is the #1 thing I'd worry about, though.

A CO detector is definitely cheaper than a psychiatrist, an exorcist, or a TSCM sweep. :)  Or a funeral.

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2021, 06:15:26 am »
usually having those things will make you calmer in general which is good, if you think some invisible shit is going to kill you all the time its the easy train to lots of bad things.. its not exactly outlandish to buy a few things from home depot, its a known killer

maintaining water quality also, the main reason those things are not common place is because people have wayyyyyy different trust levels of municipal services
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 06:18:24 am by coppercone2 »

Offline videobruce

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #83 on: March 07, 2021, 10:58:39 am »
Why is this thread still open? ? ?

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #84 on: March 07, 2021, 11:30:51 am »

Because you don't run this forum apparently.....

The following users thanked this post: hexreader, MK14, james_s, bd139, JohnnyMalaria

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2021, 02:02:39 am »
asergillus fumigatus mold "the most successful fungal pathogen" to humans.. produces abundant respirable ergot alkaloids when it grows on latex paint or vinyl. (for example shower curtains)
This is enough ergot to disturb sleep. Its a good reason why composting operations should always be done far from human habitations. People need sleep. This disturbance also explains the pre-modern science myth that "night soil" fumes were unhealthy.

Steve

I've also heard that black mold can cause this type of symptom.   CO is the #1 thing I'd worry about, though.

A CO detector is definitely cheaper than a psychiatrist, an exorcist, or a TSCM sweep. :)  Or a funeral.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 02:09:41 am by cdev »

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2021, 02:19:16 am »
yea do yourself a favor and get glass planes, those shower curtains are RIDICULOUS. Generally creepy and mold grows on them. With the glass ones you can buy those kits that put a rain-x type coating on them also (which will last a while if you apply it carefully and take special care not the hose the glass down with aggressive cleaners)

Online Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2021, 03:12:44 am »
yea do yourself a favor and get glass planes, those shower curtains are RIDICULOUS. Generally creepy and mold grows on them. With the glass ones you can buy those kits that put a rain-x type coating on them also (which will last a while if you apply it carefully and take special care not the hose the glass down with aggressive cleaners)

You mean just.. buy some rain-x and apply it?

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2021, 05:27:36 am »
Now I don't think its rain-x, I think its more along the lines of a cheap ceramic coat for your car, the effects are much more permament then rain-x.

the prep kit comes with the standard things you get with ceramic car coat kit.

one is a temporary coating and the other one is a rather permanent coating that takes some skill to apply
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:29:54 am by coppercone2 »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2021, 06:21:38 am »

Or keep a spray bottle of bleach handy and apply liberally. I also have a dehumidifier that I use a lot when it's too cold to open the window.

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #90 on: March 08, 2021, 12:52:15 pm »
What are they using on me?
« on: March 01, 2021, 10:04:51 pm »

Another easy explanation could be that the TO's calendar has 1 month offset.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #91 on: March 08, 2021, 05:31:33 pm »
asergillus fumigatus mold "the most successful fungal pathogen" to humans.. produces abundant respirable ergot alkaloids when it grows on latex paint or vinyl. (for example shower curtains)
This is enough ergot to disturb sleep. Its a good reason why composting operations should always be done far from human habitations. People need sleep. This disturbance also explains the pre-modern science myth that "night soil" fumes were unhealthy.

1) That's Aspergillus.

2) '"the most successful fungal pathogen" to humans'? No, that'll be athlete's foot. Aspergillosis is a pretty rare disease (1 or 2 cases per 100,000 people per annum, mostly in immunocompromised patients), almost everyone has had, knowingly or unknowingly, a case of athlete's foot; that's why you can buy over the counter athlete's foot remedies in any pharmacist, but not ones for aspergillosis.

3) "produces abundant respirable ergot alkaloids"? Erm, no or we'd all start getting ergotism (symptoms: hallucinations, vasoconstriction, nausea, vomiting and many others) as we walked around all the time as A. fumifgatus is ubiquitous, found everywhere. Produces negligible quantities of ergot alkaloids would be closer to the mark.

Most people who suffer any disease due to Aspergillus fumigatus do so because of an allergy to its spores, not due to actual infection or mycotoxicity.

The 'black mould' that grows in bathrooms and the like is usually Stachybotrys chartarum, and very rarely any of the Aspergillus sp..

Aspergillus is one of those things that the Gwyneth Paltrows of this world have latched onto for some unknown reason and, as that type always do, attribute half of humanities troubles to, along with the obligatory conspiracy theory that conventional medicine and the government are wilfully ignoring the 'deadly' risks to all of us. If you don't have AIDs, other acquired or innate immunodeficiency, or are taking immunosuppressive drugs because of a transplant, then Aspergillosis is not something you have to be worried about.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #92 on: March 08, 2021, 08:24:13 pm »
did you see the (spoof) video years ago, about the radio controlled sheep dogs in New Zealand?   Some people thought it was real, evidently.

It was really a funny video.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #93 on: March 08, 2021, 08:32:21 pm »
When I was a child I had a friend who died of mucormycosis. It was quite the horrible disease, it ate into his brain from his sinuses, blinded him and eventually killed him..

1) That's Aspergillus.

2) '"the most successful fungal pathogen" to humans'? No, that'll be athlete's foot. Aspergillosis is a pretty rare disease (1 or 2 cases per 100,000 people per annum, mostly in immunocompromised patients), almost everyone has had, knowingly or unknowingly, a case of athlete's foot; that's why you can buy over the counter athlete's foot remedies in any pharmacist, but not ones for aspergillosis.

3) "produces abundant respirable ergot alkaloids"? Erm, no or we'd all start getting ergotism (symptoms: hallucinations, vasoconstriction, nausea, vomiting and many others) as we walked around all the time as A. fumifgatus is ubiquitous, found everywhere. Produces negligible quantities of ergot alkaloids would be closer to the mark.

Read this:  [url]https://aem.asm.org/content/71/6/3106.long[/url]

---------------------------------------------
Ergot alkaloids are mycotoxins that interact with several monoamine receptors, negatively affecting cardiovascular, nervous, reproductive, and immune systems of exposed humans and animals. Aspergillus fumigatus, a common airborne fungus and opportunistic human pathogen, can produce ergot alkaloids in broth culture. The objectives of this study were to determine if A. fumigatus accumulates ergot alkaloids in a respirable form in or on its conidia, to quantify ergot alkaloids associated with conidia produced on several different substrates, and to measure relevant physical properties of the conidia. We found at least four ergot alkaloids, fumigaclavine C, festuclavine, fumigaclavine A, and fumigaclavine B (in order of abundance), associated with conidia of A. fumigatus. Under environmentally relevant conditions, the total mass of ergot alkaloids often constituted >1% of the mass of the conidium. Ergot alkaloids were extracted from conidia produced on all media tested, and the greatest quantities were observed when the fungus was cultured on latex paint or cultured maize seedlings. The values for physical properties of conidia likely to affect their respirability (i.e., diameter, mass, and specific gravity) were significantly lower for A. fumigatus than for Aspergillus nidulans, Aspergillus niger, and Stachybotrys chartarum. The demonstration of relatively high concentrations of ergot alkaloids associated with conidia of A. fumigatus presents opportunities for investigations of potential contributions of the toxins to adverse health effects associated with the fungus and to aspects of the biology of the fungus that contribute to its success.

The ergot alkaloids are a complex family of indole-derived alkaloids that have a long history of association with human suffering. The contamination of rye and other grain crops with alkaloid-rich sclerotia of the ergot fungus Claviceps purpurea was responsible for gangrenous and convulsive forms of ergotism known as St. Anthony's fire or holy fire (19). Other ergot alkaloid-producing fungi, such as the closely related Neotyphodium spp. endophytes of forage grasses, negatively affect agriculture by reducing animal productivity and health (2, 22). The ability of different ergot alkaloids to act as partial agonists or antagonists of various serotonin, dopamine, and α-adrenaline receptors results in effects on nervous, circulatory, reproductive, and immune systems, leading to high or low blood pressure, muscle contractions, reduced fertility, disturbances in sleep-wake cycles, lowered immune responses, and, at high doses, hallucinations and gangrene of the extremities (14, 16, 22, 25, 31).

Screening analyses of other fungi for ergot alkaloids have identified several distantly related fungi as potential sources (13, 17, 29). Among these fungi, the best characterized is Aspergillus fumigatus. This fungus was first noted to produce the ergot alkaloid festuclavine and two novel derivatives of festuclavine, fumigaclavine A and fumigaclavine B, in semidefined broth culture (29). Later, Cole et al. (3) described an additional festuclavine derivative, fumigaclavine C, from broth cultures of A. fumigatus originally isolated from moldy silage.

A. fumigatus is associated with several human health issues. It is the most common airborne fungal pathogen of humans (6, 18). It can cause invasive aspergillosis in immunocompromised individuals, and the resulting mortality rate is >50%. In immunocompetent individuals, this fungus can colonize preexisting cavities in the lungs or sinuses without penetrating into tissues, a condition known as aspergilloma or fungus ball (6, 11, 18). A. fumigatus also is associated with air quality issues in indoor environments and near composting facilities (11, 12, 27). The presence of conidia of A. fumigatus and of several other fungi in such environments has been loosely associated with respiratory allergic symptoms and miscellaneous other ailments, but causal associations have not been demonstrated.

Most mycotoxin-producing fungi produce their toxins in the substrate in which they grow, and ingestion of the contaminated substrate is required for intoxication. Although less frequently documented, the presence of mycotoxins in or on conidia of the producing fungus provides the potential for delivery of mycotoxins via the alternate and less voluntary route of inhalation. For example, the black mold fungus Stachybotrys chartarum contains trichothecenes associated with its spores (28).

Our objectives in this study were to determine if conidia of A. fumigatus contain ergot alkaloids in a respirable form, to quantify ergot alkaloids associated with conidia produced on several environmentally relevant substrates, and to measure physical properties of conidia likely to affect their respirability. Detection and quantification of ergot alkaloids associated with conidia are prerequisites for investigations of potential contributions of the alkaloids to adverse human health effects or to other aspects of the biology of the fungus.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Most people who suffer any disease due to Aspergillus fumigatus do so because of an allergy to its spores, not due to actual infection or mycotoxicity.

The 'black mould' that grows in bathrooms and the like is usually Stachybotrys chartarum, and very rarely any of the Aspergillus sp..

Aspergillus is one of those things that the Gwyneth Paltrows of this world have latched onto for some unknown reason and, as that type always do, attribute half of humanities troubles to, along with the obligatory conspiracy theory that conventional medicine and the government are wilfully ignoring the 'deadly' risks to all of us. If you don't have AIDs, other acquired or innate immunodeficiency, or are taking immunosuppressive drugs because of a transplant, then Aspergillosis is not something you have to be worried about.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #94 on: March 08, 2021, 08:54:39 pm »
Not true at all, the rate of fungal diseases is rising as the mean temperature gets closer to human body temperature. Which brings me to a fact which I am sure is going to have me lumped in with Gwenneth in your mental categories box.. (I can live with that)

A well known scientist Arturo Casiadevelli, has a thory aboutbody temperature and evolution that brings up some scary questions as temperatures warm. Body heat seems to have been the reason the genus "Mammalia" which includes us, survived the worldwide event that killed off the dinosaurs.

Offline TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
« Reply #95 on: March 08, 2021, 09:07:42 pm »
If that theory is true, there is a known factor that makes it worse:  Human body temperature is now decreasing at an average rate of 0.03 K (0.05 F deg) per decade.  98.6 deg F was reported way back in 1868, but modern population averages are around 97.9 deg F.

Online Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #96 on: March 08, 2021, 09:14:38 pm »
My body temperature has been 35.8C for as long i can remember myself, vs 36.6C. Not sure what to make out of that, no one of my family doctors was able to comment.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #97 on: March 08, 2021, 09:15:03 pm »
"'Most successful' pathogen" is an attempt at humor. because it means "kills the most people" . And it does.

Not that long ago an elderly British man made the mistake of using some fresh compost on his garden, breathing in too much of it and dying of - you guessed it, aspergillosis not long later. And he was not immunosuppressed, just old.

https://www.aspergillus.org.uk/news_clipplings/gardener-killed-by-fungus-in-his-compost/''Mold kills a lot of people. Medical examiners wont admit it in the death certificates, though.

They dont want to hurt the real estate industry.

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #98 on: March 08, 2021, 09:25:02 pm »
that's pretty disturbing, I never thought the compost pile can kill you. It is easy for one to get out of hand if its large and you get invaded by wasps. I remember doing some crazy shit with a water pump, extension cords and a barrel of soap water trying to flood some wasps because it invaded the compost pile and would not let me shovel it, it certainly smells worse when you do not maintain it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 09:26:52 pm by coppercone2 »

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #99 on: March 08, 2021, 09:48:19 pm »
"'Most successful' pathogen" is an attempt at humor. because it means "kills the most people" . And it does.

Not that long ago an elderly British man made the mistake of using some fresh compost on his garden, breathing in too much of it and dying of - you guessed it, aspergillosis not long later. And he was not immunosuppressed, just old.

https://www.aspergillus.org.uk/news_clipplings/gardener-killed-by-fungus-in-his-compost/''Mold kills a lot of people. Medical examiners wont admit it in the death certificates, though.

They dont want to hurt the real estate industry.

Not that long ago = 13 years, long enough for a zygote to turn into a sex-obsessed, hormone riddled teenager. Note the last line "the condition is rare". Thank you for proving my point with the obligatory conspiratorial "they won't admit it...They dont [sic] want to hurt the real estate industry."

Note that the article, which you're using as support, (1) doesn't actually mention aspergillosis, (2) doesn't disclose whether the victim was immunocompromised or not, or had underlying medical conditions that might make him in the small number of people at any real risk from aspergillosis (asthmatics, COPD, CHD, other lung conditions). Pretty scant evidence of it being anything other than what it is, a rare disease only of concern to particular vulnerable individuals.

Actual facts on Aspergillosis from the British Lung Foundation: https://www.blf.org.uk/support-for-you/aspergillosis and the BMJ https://bestpractice.bmj.com/topics/en-gb/425.

Offline Kerlin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #100 on: March 08, 2021, 11:10:07 pm »
This reasons had been made in other posts.
Because this is the only forum I have found which has the absolutely correct balance of allowing people a to interact and say what is acceptable.

The only time I have ever had a temporary ban on a forum was  due to a cross post. The moderator was too unreasonable to see it was a misunderstanding, never went back.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 11:20:25 pm by Kerlin »
Do you know what the thread is about and are Comprehending what has been said ?

The following users thanked this post: Halcyon

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #101 on: March 08, 2021, 11:20:28 pm »

Steve

You do realise, I hope, that "night soil" isn't referring to compost, or "soil" as in the stuff you dig gardens  in?
It's a polite word for poo, sh*t, human faeces, "brown bombs", etc.

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2021, 04:12:22 am »
The only time I have ever had a temporary ban on a forum was  due to a cross post. The moderator was too unreasonable to see it was a misunderstanding, never went back.

It wasn't Whingepool by any chance was it? ;-)

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2021, 06:38:04 am »

At least on this forum, you are granted a bit of latitude.

On the forum you spoke of, someone will post something completely false, then if you post refuting it, a mod comes along & "hides you" as "off topic".
Sometimes they will be a bit more thorough, &  hide the original poster .
It still does no good though, as you are then zapped for quoting that post.

This earned me the dreaded  "terra cotta screen of death"!

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2021, 10:29:21 am »

At least on this forum, you are granted a bit of latitude.

On the forum you spoke of, someone will post something completely false, then if you post refuting it, a mod comes along & "hides you" as "off topic".
Sometimes they will be a bit more thorough, &  hide the original poster .
It still does no good though, as you are then zapped for quoting that post.

This earned me the dreaded  "terra cotta screen of death"!

I could tell you some stories about whirlpool.net.au and my personal run-in's with one of the founders spanning several years.

I once had some moderators try to accuse me of being some other user, in a completely different state, with a completely different IP address, with a completely different writing style... yet they were adamant it was me because of "evidence" (which was of course not forthcoming). It was honestly a comedy of errors on their part. When I pointed out to the owner that apparently this had slipped under their noses for what appeared to be several years, he banned my account and locked the thread. Admins/mods there absolutely hate being told they got it wrong, even when you refute all their nonsense claims. There is this culture of "everyone one else is lying except them" and it's encouraged in the moderators chat.

On another occasion, I literally had my posts deleted because I pointed out a "troll" (in those words) even though a moderator had previously (in the same thread) deleted this other persons posts and gave the reason as "trolling". Apparently for me to call someone a troll was a "personal attack" but a moderator doing so was perfectly OK. When I pointed out the inconsistent moderation and some people just picking and choosing which rules to follow, my "Talk with a Moderator" thread was promptly closed.

I've just walked away from Whirlpool these days. Some of the users are just as painful as the moderators. Whirlpool has suffered from an image problem for years and there is no wonder that it's struggling to retain many of its users.

When it comes to the EEVblog, Dave calls the shots, but I deliberately do the opposite of what Whirlpool moderators do. So far, it seems to do the trick and keep most people happy. If I do the wrong thing, I fully expect a cranky phone call or email from Dave. I can say the same thing about Simon.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 10:38:11 am by Halcyon »

Offline jonovid

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2021, 11:59:09 am »
sadly gaslighting is making a comeback, its not because of the cost of electricity.
Hobbyist with a basic knowledge of electronics

Offline gnuarm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2021, 07:40:55 pm »
On another occasion, I literally had my posts deleted because I pointed out a "troll" (in those words) even though a moderator had previously (in the same thread) deleted this other persons posts and gave the reason as "trolling". Apparently for me to call someone a troll was a "personal attack" but a moderator doing so was perfectly OK. When I pointed out the inconsistent moderation and some people just picking and choosing which rules to follow, my "Talk with a Moderator" thread was promptly closed.

I've just walked away from Whirlpool these days. Some of the users are just as painful as the moderators. Whirlpool has suffered from an image problem for years and there is no wonder that it's struggling to retain many of its users.

When it comes to the EEVblog, Dave calls the shots, but I deliberately do the opposite of what Whirlpool moderators do. So far, it seems to do the trick and keep most people happy. If I do the wrong thing, I fully expect a cranky phone call or email from Dave. I can say the same thing about Simon.

The absolute worst is the Tesla Motor Club forum.  If you want to discuss anything very critical of Tesla you are painted as a "short" or "spammer" even though that's not what spamming is.  The mods are alerted and you are banned.  Once I was "warned" but had not been back to the forum for a few months.  When I returned I contacted the mod about it asking for an explanation of what I did wrong.  The reply was it was too long ago to worry with, but "don't do it again"!  After posting that the stock was overvalued and can't continue at absurd valuations indefinitely I was banned.  I came back under a different name and was again banned for talking negatively.  On a third time they flagged my IP so I used VPNs.  lol  It was just so insane that no one other than a fanboi is allowed. 

So far no issues here.  This seems like a very nice place to discuss electronics.  Much better than the other extreme, newsgroups.  sci.electronics.design is a pit of seething hostility where most posters argue politics or even technical issues.  They just like to argue.

Offline E-Design

• Regular Contributor
  • Hardware Design Engineer
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2021, 07:50:17 pm »

So far no issues here.  This seems like a very nice place to discuss electronics.  Much better than the other extreme, newsgroups.  sci.electronics.design is a pit of seething hostility where most posters argue politics or even technical issues.  They just like to argue.

Not to mention the inevitable decent into OT / conspiracy theories or foul-mouthed personal attacks. This place is a paradise compared to the newsgroups.. there is only a handful of people talking on topic and worth reading.. shame really..
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 07:52:31 pm by E-Design »
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2021, 02:05:50 am »
This reasons had been made in other posts.
Because this is the only forum I have found which has the absolutely correct balance of allowing people a to interact and say what is acceptable.

Moderation can really make or break a forum. Too little and it just becomes a free for all cesspool of spam and toxicity like Usenet. But I have also encountered numerous forums with totalitarian moderators who go on power trips and ban people over really petty stuff. The worst ones are those who just have to have the last word, so they'll reply to a thread and then lock it so nobody can refute what they said.

Offline gnuarm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2021, 03:41:58 am »
Moderation can really make or break a forum. Too little and it just becomes a free for all cesspool of spam and toxicity like Usenet. But I have also encountered numerous forums with totalitarian moderators who go on power trips and ban people over really petty stuff. The worst ones are those who just have to have the last word, so they'll reply to a thread and then lock it so nobody can refute what they said.

I joined a moderated newsgroup once (don't recall how that worked actually) and it was insane.  They didn't allow much of anything including asking why the group was so quiet.  Seems that is a meta-discussion and not allowed.  They would get posts per week...  maybe.   I think I had more discussion with the moderator about why my posts were rejected than the posts to the group itself.

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2021, 11:49:14 pm »
But I have also encountered numerous forums with totalitarian moderators who go on power trips and ban people over really petty stuff. The worst ones are those who just have to have the last word, so they'll reply to a thread and then lock it so nobody can refute what they said.

I know we are getting off-topic so I'll just say this one final thing (feel free to start a general thread about forums if people want to discuss further), but what you describe above is Whirlpool in a nutshell. Some of the mods are great and are quite "hands off", others, but a lot (including one of the founders) absolutely have some kind of superiority complex and can't help but have the last word even after they've been called out for being incorrect. In my opinion, they can have it. It's not worth the argument. It's like trying to convince a flat-earther that the world is a sphere. It's commonly known for years as "Whingepool" for good reason.

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2021, 01:20:42 am »
But I have also encountered numerous forums with totalitarian moderators who go on power trips and ban people over really petty stuff. The worst ones are those who just have to have the last word, so they'll reply to a thread and then lock it so nobody can refute what they said.

I know we are getting off-topic so I'll just say this one final thing (feel free to start a general thread about forums if people want to discuss further), but what you describe above is Whirlpool in a nutshell. Some of the mods are great and are quite "hands off", others, but a lot (including one of the founders) absolutely have some kind of superiority complex and can't help but have the last word even after they've been called out for being incorrect. In my opinion, they can have it. It's not worth the argument. It's like trying to convince a flat-earther that the world is a sphere. It's commonly known for years as "Whingepool" for good reason.

I don't know if you have ever tried the sports forum "The Roar".
They make "Whingepool" look like an oasis of sweetness & light by comparison.
All postings have to be checked before they appear, & woe betide you if you say anything against the popular narrative, as your posting will just disppear into cyberspace.

Another forum which I studiously avoid is "All About Circuits", which seems to have some resident "moray eels" that, if you say anything contrary to the popular consensus, swim out of their caves & bite your leg.
And this is not just if you post "way out" stuff-----electron flow is really a controversial issue to them.

Instead of the usual reaction here, where it is regarded as pretty much "ho hum" it creates a furore, with luminaries of that forum quoting spurious mathematical "proof" that anything but CCF was impossible.

At that point, I just withdraw, & look at the display on my Cathode Ray Oscilloscope till the annoyance wears off.

Unfortunately, apart from the CRT, it is solid state, so I really need to fix a few bits of equipment using only "electron tubes" to really chill out.

As with Corona virus, I find avoidance is the best policy, so I haven't been on AAC for months.

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2021, 04:33:25 am »
sports

I couldn't care less about anything else in the world. ;-)

Offline LaserSteve

• Super Contributor
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2021, 11:47:56 pm »
Deviating big time from topic, but see some of the links at the end...

Sci.Electronics.Design was really useful while one  MIT educated Greybeard IC designer was still alive (R.I.P   Jim Thompson, PE,  and Thank You,  Sir!) who knew his stuff, knew his SPICE, and had been there, done that.  He could keep half  the whiners busy solving incredible difficult   circuit problems. Then keep  the other half so flustered about politics, that good engineering came to foreground, despite the high signal to noise ratio.  When he passed, the SNR problem  went through the roof.   For a man who flew around the world working on advanced chip design well into his golden years, he could turn around and explain a 555 to a  teenager or post some really good discrete designs for researchers and hobbyists.   Besides, designing the famous sequencing Mustang tail lights for Ford, many ICs for electronic ignitions, and early and advanced VCOs /  Phase Detectors for Motorola, he insured the group had a high level of credibility to it.    Many say all do all Analog things in software, Jim would  rather do the same complex task with a few current sources and just transistors, plus the odd op-amp or two.

Amazing how selfless service to others could quiet things down on an un-moderated group.  In a way,  He quieted things down by inducing more noise!

Now the only reason I read SED once in a while,  is to see what Phil Hobbs or Winfield Hill are working on.

Here, have a trip down memory lane, looking at the patents, discrete bandgaps,   posted designs, lessons on SPICE and curve fitting.

Note many of the problems, reverse protection, low dropout regulators, lab power supplies,  WWVB receivers, Lm3909 replacement, band gaps, are age old newsgroup questions we still see repeated in the  PDTS section of EEVblog today.

https://electrooptical.net/static/oldsite/www.analog-innovations.com/analog-innovations.html

https://electrooptical.net/static/oldsite/www.analog-innovations.com/SED.html   (Circuits are here..)

Steve

« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 12:29:23 am by LaserSteve »

Offline Kerlin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2021, 02:49:51 am »
Got to admit I did a few smiles from this thread, but at the same time feel sorry for the OP.

Thread also prompts me to think how I would do such a thing if I wanted to move some on who lived close to me.
A devious side has already thought of a few ways, so its not impossible.
Sounds like the sort of thing an expert electronics fiend might get up to if he wanted to cause mischief.
But I note that as per usual he has tried none of the suggestions or methods of detection.
If he wants some help he needs to be a bit more active, I would be interested, this is his thread.

And yes whinge pool certainly is over the limit, its good to sometimes to check the silly rumors floating around.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 03:02:31 am by Kerlin »
Do you know what the thread is about and are Comprehending what has been said ?

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2022, 07:45:26 pm »

technically this is possible, and such equipment are exist. But this is very expensive and complicated thing. So there is almost no chance that your neighbor have access to such equipment :)

No, it looks more like paranoid. Most of all, you invented it all and believed it.

I wish, people would not beleive the episodes I could tell them. All people want is a safe and quiet place to live. But the churners want a constant stream of new tenants so the rents keep going up, more and more. They pay off politicians. They will do anything to turn these old buildings into gold, their El Dorado...such money does not exist in these communities..

I should upload the photos I took of how a neighbor downstairs filled his unit with garbage.. almost completely to help drive his neighbors from my former building so the apartments could be sold as condos..for $1.5 million dollars each..

We are thankful no arson was involved.. See this web page..
https://hudsonreporter.com/2020/02/27/gentrification-by-fire/  These fires hurt a lot of people..Skin grafts are difficult and expensive..

But if you are paranoid, it doesn’t mean that you are not being spied  :-DD

Landlords get money to tear their buildings down if they use "obsolete" natural gas..

https://nextcity.org/history-of-gentrification

Americans cant afford America, but many others want to buy up our  housing. They pay top dollar. It gives them a safe place to stash their cash.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 08:13:10 pm by cdev »

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2022, 08:15:58 pm »
Got to admit I did a few smiles from this thread, but at the same time feel sorry for the OP.

Thread also prompts me to think how I would do such a thing if I wanted to move some on who lived close to me.
A devious side has already thought of a few ways, so its not impossible.
Sounds like the sort of thing an expert electronics fiend might get up to if he wanted to cause mischief.
But I note that as per usual he has tried none of the suggestions or methods of detection.
If he wants some help he needs to be a bit more active, I would be interested, this is his thread.

And yes whinge pool certainly is over the limit, its good to sometimes to check the silly rumors floating around.

To keep a good job, a working man has to have some sleep, so often they try to disrupt the tenant's sleep. When that happens, people have no choice but to move.  (Assuming they have perfect credit, a co signer, parents, etc. )

« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 08:17:37 pm by cdev »

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2022, 08:24:43 pm »
FYI some of these forums have been bought up by big money players to use in some kind of internet war. They are not real forums any more but they still exist. I have still not figured out exactly whats going on but it isnt real.
Usenet still exists but Google has made lots of people think they own it.

There is a corporate takeover of the world happening.I suspect. Its been going on since 1987 or so.
 Any place thats nice is being gentrified up too. Pray!

I joined a moderated newsgroup once (don't recall how that worked actually) and it was insane.  They didn't allow much of anything including asking why the group was so quiet.  Seems that is a meta-discussion and not allowed.  They would get posts per week...  maybe.   I think I had more discussion with the moderator about why my posts were rejected than the posts to the group itself.

Was it the so called "Information Gerrymandering" do you think?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 08:31:44 pm by cdev »

Online Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2022, 08:35:59 pm »
Why the necroposts? The thread was dead and burried.  :-//
Best Regards, Chris

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza, MK14, jpanhalt

Offline RJSV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #119 on: May 09, 2022, 06:41:18 am »
Sorry, but I'll try to make my opinion the least negative as possible:
   Where, and what,  (else) did the Property Manager do, besides make 1 suggestion, how YOU can do some managing on your own ?  Or, actually that was plural, so it's an active Management Team ? Great...(no, not really).  Perhaps you could MOVE, after documenting your communication, re: 'Property Manager Obligations'.  But don't start no war there; just check with an actual Attorney, what you could document, on your way out.

I'm thinking: 'Pesticide Bug Spray'!  Mentioned once.
So that's STILL going on (strong smell) ?  I'm not a chemist, nor Attorney.  Maybe County Health Dept. as they have health and safety people, to suggest or run whatever test if needed.
  But what I noticed, straight away: You enter another space, knocking on doors like that.  Once is an appropriate action, maybe newly.  But neighbor guy seemed immediately expressing concern...that's not your space, at his door (repeatedly).  I made that (slightly) pompous assumption myself, in the past, and you've said he "refused' your REPEATED contacts, knocking on his door there.  Oh yeah and "After 8:30", again according to your rules of conduct.
   Doesn't make you a bad person, but, like I did, out of line.  Heck, maybe just see, maybe a change, move to a nicer area, cheaper rental deal (with actual Property Management), and don starta no wars.

As to EMF;. I've seen Engineers go for that (hoax), hilarious, almost, watching metal 'grounding' plates get installed...under each electronics work bench. (They then re-installed the wood benchtop surface over the 1/8 inch plates).  That was my Engineering Dept boss, letting the EMF consultants run amok.
   Kinda funny, now, but he was incompetent.

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2022, 06:49:39 am »
I had a device once that was false triggering when on top of a ESD mat, if you put a textbook under the device to lift it up a little, it would stop resetting MCU (or maybe it was making some data stream go wonky, I forgot what it was because this was a alpha prototype 10 years ago). It was clean, not a surface conduction issue. This is the two-material professional ESD mat. I think I ended up putting 1 inch standoffs on it so it behaves.

Metal work surface is part of LISN standard, but thats a whole different thing .
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 06:56:17 am by coppercone2 »

Offline gnuarm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2022, 10:18:19 pm »
Quote from: vk6zgo link=topic=272118.msg3504908#msg3504908
At that point, I just withdraw, & look at the display on my [b
Cathode Ray Oscilloscope[/b] till the annoyance wears off.

Unfortunately, apart from the CRT, it is solid state, so I really need to fix a few bits of equipment using only "electron tubes" to really chill out.

As with Corona virus, I find avoidance is the best policy, so I haven't been on AAC for months.

I never thought about it before, but for those who like Vacuum tubes, I suppose "less" is "more". 

I would love them, except for the waste heat.  I wonder what it would take to develop a room temperature vacuum tube without the cathode heater.  Then they could be combined with room temperature superconductors! 

Offline gnuarm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2022, 10:21:00 pm »
FYI some of these forums have been bought up by big money players to use in some kind of internet war. They are not real forums any more but they still exist. I have still not figured out exactly whats going on but it isnt real.
Usenet still exists but Google has made lots of people think they own it.

There is a corporate takeover of the world happening.I suspect. Its been going on since 1987 or so.
 Any place thats nice is being gentrified up too. Pray!

Was it the so called "Information Gerrymandering" do you think?

I don't recall anyone there named Gerry.  I think it was just moderation, in the true sense of the word. 

Not everything is about politics and politics is certainly not about everything.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #123 on: May 18, 2022, 12:59:21 am »
I never thought about it before, but for those who like Vacuum tubes, I suppose "less" is "more". 

I would love them, except for the waste heat.  I wonder what it would take to develop a room temperature vacuum tube without the cathode heater.  Then they could be combined with room temperature superconductors!

The heat is not always wasted. It's great to fire up a piece of vintage tube gear on a cold winter day, the combination of heat and that  musty smell of hot dust always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf