Author Topic: Yaesu FT8800 Squelch fault.  (Read 711 times)

Offline DaveMX5mk1Topic starter

• Contributor
Yaesu FT8800 Squelch fault.
« on: April 17, 2021, 09:03:39 am »
Hi, I know it's a long shot but as my Dad used to say " If you don't ask you don't get. "

I have a Yeasu FT-8800E, it's about 10 years old but hasn't been used very much.
I've not used it for about 4 months and when I now turn it on the the SUB band receiver squelch control has no effect. " BUSY " flashes on the disply at about 4 htz, at first I thought it was flashing a fault code as the number of flashes varied, sometimes 4 then a longer gap sometimes up to 20 then a gap but this turns out to be random.
If I set the SUB band to S20 and transmit on my portable rig no signal is received. The main channel works perfectly. If I swap the MAIN and SUB channels over from left to right or visa versa then the fault moves too and remains on whichever side has the SUB channel selected.
After an amout of time between about 5 minutes to 15 minutes the radio starts to work perfectly on both channels. If I turn it off while it is working and leave it for about 5 minutes and turn it on it still works normaly.
The supply voltage is a steady 13.8 volts.
Has anyone heard of this or can offer any advice I would be very greatful.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf