Author Topic: Servo drives for linear motors?  (Read 3800 times)

Offline V_KingTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Servo drives for linear motors?
« on: April 30, 2020, 12:59:17 pm »
Hello,
It is good to see a robotics and automation section in the forum.

I wonder if anybody here works with industrial servo drives? Up until now I have only been working with rotary motion and simple variable frequency drives, but my employer is looking into using linear motors for a project. The servos and linear motors are new to us and we have limited knowledge. I had a few meetings with various reps from motor and servo drive manufacturers. The prices, complexity and startup/training costs varying considerably. Is here anybody whom has experience with various servo drives and is able to recommend a good brand to start with(Yaskawa, Mitsubishi, Parker, Sigmatek, Bosch R, Siemens etc?)? I am trying to do as much investigation as possible before we start buying, because I probably will end up using the chosen brand for a while and want to choose well, to avoid regrets later. Probably ease of initial setup, open comms protocols and availability for the UK are most important.

Also, is there a good handbook/tutorial series/whitepapers for reading before I delve into the thick manuals provided to me.

Thanks

Offline ndzied1

• Contributor
Re: Servo drives for linear motors?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 03:55:46 am »
I see this is a little old but another brand you can look at for ease of use and startup is LinMot. Have you done any applications yet?

Offline kuon

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 04:07:15 pm »
I highly recommend clearpath motors from teknic

Offline oliviasmithh901

• !
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 02:01:16 pm »
I have always used servo motors from jameco.

Offline V_KingTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2021, 08:17:14 am »
I see this is a little old but another brand you can look at for ease of use and startup is LinMot. Have you done any applications yet?

Thanks, the UK rep for LinMot had no interest in our project.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf