Author Topic: Has Windows become Spyware?  (Read 2660 times)

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
Re: Has Windows become Spyware?
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2023, 07:44:39 pm »
I've never quite understood "support". You know, if something works, it works. If it doesn't, I just don't use it. I guess in some sense it means there are no new updates, but in many ways that's a good thing. I know with Microsoft it means no security updates but as far as calling them for help with some problem? Never done it. I guess what I'm saying is that for me, support or lack of it has never been a consideration when deciding what software to use.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
Re: Has Windows become Spyware?
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2023, 08:46:58 pm »
Yeah I don't get that either. To me when support ends it means they will stop screwing with it and it will just work. Software doesn't wear out, sure patching of security holes stops but once an OS is that mature surely most of the holes will have been fixed. Maybe I'll change my view if I ever see an infection that is the result of an exploit, so far every single one of the many malware and virus infections I've seen have happened because the user installed something sketchy. The user is by far the easiest and most common attack vector to exploit. The other stuff is hardly even worth worrying about. Security by obscurity is not wise for a corporate entity but for home PCs my observation has been that it works pretty well.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf