Products > Security

heads-up: EU Cyber Resilience Act

(1/4) > >>

madires:
On Tuesday (September 13) the European Commission plans to publish the Cyber Resilience Act (CRA). The CRA will most likely impact anything connected (software, hardware and services). The basic idea is great, but some points are overdoing things and might do more harm than good.

Bud:

--- Quote from: RoGeorge on September 10, 2022, 03:06:18 pm ---At least they are rambling about chips, almost confirming what I've always suspected, that the chips shortage is because of sudden increase in chips consumption for military and surveillance.

--- End quote ---

Not only that, I think when chip shortage will subside we will not have access to many of the high end nomenclature anymore. Things like low to mid grade FPGA will be available but the old good times when ADI gave you samples of their latest high speec ADCs and ZigaHerz mixers will be gone. It will be purposeful limitations who is allowed to buy what.

pcprogrammer:

--- Quote from: RoGeorge on September 10, 2022, 03:06:18 pm ---...a Ministry of Truth...

--- End quote ---

That is a contradiction in terms :-DD

madires:

--- Quote from: RoGeorge on September 10, 2022, 03:06:18 pm ---I've read
https://www.european-cyber-resilience-act.com/
and it's tons and tons of bloatware rambling.

--- End quote ---

That's a marketing website of some cybersecurity company. ;)

golden_labels:
Thanks for the heads-up. I nearly forgotten about that.

Unfortunately, when it hits EUParl, I can do little as a Polish citizen. My EFA candidate did not get her seat, and the choice is basically between ECR and EPP. ECR MEPs will likely ignore any communication. EPP MEPs are of local opposition and are now focused on putting themselves on antipodes of anything PiS says, not very interested in other topics. I suppose local NGOs will try to poke EPP nonetheless, but even their chances are low.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version