Author Topic: windows 7 64bit, disable driver signature enforcement  (Read 740 times)

Online pcprogrammerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
windows 7 64bit, disable driver signature enforcement
« on: December 22, 2022, 07:13:00 am »
I have an older laptop setup with windows 7 64 bit to use with my fischertechnik Robo interface, but it won't use the driver due to it not being signed. I got the latest version of the software from the fischertechnik site.

Found the, at startup, push F8 and select the “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” option, which indeed works. But it is a bit of a pain in the but to have to do it every time I startup the laptop.

Tried the other options mentioned on many sites, like with bcdedit running as administrator and setting the several options like:

Code: [Select]
bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on
bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

None of these did the trick. Verified the settings actually being there with "bcdedit /enum". With the "TESTSIGNING ON" I had the "test mode" message in the bottom right of the display, but still no dice.

Also tried the global policy option with which it can be set to "ignore", but again it fails.

The only thing I did not try is the self signing option I found somewhere. Needed a lot of Microsoft stuff to be installed and in the comments I read that it did not work, so skipped that one.

Is it true that on the 64 bit version the F8 method is the only working option?

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: windows 7 64bit, disable driver signature enforcement
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 08:55:15 am »
Found the, at startup, push F8 and select the “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” option, which indeed works. But it is a bit of a pain in the but to have to do it every time I startup the laptop.
isnt that once you installed the driver using this trick, you dont have to F8 anymore later? iirc i did this on one my driver before, i cant remember which. once installed, its done.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Online pcprogrammerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: windows 7 64bit, disable driver signature enforcement
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2022, 09:59:52 am »
It concerns an USB device, and when I start the computer without using the F8 option and insert the USB cable it loads the driver with an exclamation mark indicating there is an issue with it. The information window in the driver pane shows the driver not being signed, and it does not work.

When I start with the F8 option and plug the cable in, it works as it should.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf