Author Topic: embedded programming  (Read 3706 times)

Offline kc1980Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
embedded programming
« on: May 12, 2010, 07:50:07 am »
How about an embedded programming video?  Just review source code line by line or do a higher-level overview of the dev process.  Would it be possible to team up with an embedded SW engineer and have him/her do a few videos?

It can be microcontrollers, ARM processor or even VHDL/verilog basics. 

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: embedded programming
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 09:57:48 am »
yea! with jpeg or mpeg encode/decode algorithm... embedded.  8)
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 11:40:13 am »
I think it is a vast area of electronics, maybe a brief video on the mechanics of programming the various chips but it can spread far and wide easily and cause a lot of controversy

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 12:52:19 am »
true. I just thought that it might reduce the load on Dave and his viewers will get more material to watch.  That's what Jeri Ellsworth does on her channel -- though it's not technical enough for me...

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 01:41:38 am »
I just shot a blog doing stuff on PC screen with a voice over. Don't know how it's going to turn out yet, so it's a bit of a trial. But it could mean I might do more of these "hands on" videos where I work through actuals designs on screen. The same can be done for embedded stuff.
We'll see what happens...

Jeri's videos are interesting, and she did ask once if we wanted to team up on something. Nothing has come of that yet. I thought my videos were a bit random in nature, buy Jeri's are really out there!

I thought about teeing up with other people for stuff, but it's time consuming enough just doing my own blogs at present than trying to coordinate with other people!

And I asked way back if people would be interested in seeing other people's videos on my blog, and I think the idea was beat down pretty quick saying that I should just stick with me on my channel which is fair enough.

Dave.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 01:43:59 am by EEVblog »

Offline kodon

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 01:53:44 am »
First: Thanks Dave for unlocking my account! ;D

My suggestion is that you show us some basic tricks related to embedded systems & design. Such as r2r network and "analog button" (wich is kind of inversed r2r connected to ADC) and stuff like that. If you have any neat and simple circuits in your head, please share them! And really a basic things that might be interesting to many people is: how to use an internal watchdog timer, make the micro go to sleep mode, energy saving with those two, how to make an interuption etc etc...

And maybe a briefing to I2C and Onewire would be nice too!

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 04:12:30 am »
And I asked way back if people would be interested in seeing other people's videos on my blog, and I think the idea was beat down pretty quick saying that I should just stick with me on my channel which is fair enough.

Yeah, I don't know.  Maybe it's time to revisit the idea and ask your audience.  I'm sure there are some subject matter experts out there that wouldn't mind submitting a video or two but probably don't have the motivation to start their own channel and establish a viewer-ship.  Just a thought.  I'm trying to think of ways to minimize the burden on you, while increasing the level of content/updates.  anyways, keep up the great work!  I'll try to spread the word about your blog at UCLA, USC and some local companies.

Online Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 06:44:15 am »
well if someone upload a video to you-tube they thing will interest the community they can let dave know and he can publich it on a second page maybe with viewer videos on it like his own page with his own,

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf