Author Topic: I Don't Like the "New Kid"  (Read 17788 times)

Offline mc172

• Frequent Contributor
Re: I Don't Like the "New Kid"
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2017, 01:28:06 pm »
What contribution does someones appearance have on their engineering competence? How about you put a picture of yourself up and I'll comment on all of your wrinkles and receding hair line you old fart?

Jog on OP.

Offline ChrisLX200

• Supporter
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2017, 01:34:49 pm »
Well I hope David takes heart in the support for him voiced here! It must be intimidating really considering Dave has chucked him in the deep end by publishing his vids on a channel with many thousands of subscribers who are used to his own inimicable style :)  On the other hand, you have to grow a thick skin to survive so it's all good experience. I'm sure David will just get stronger through the experience.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2017, 01:50:38 pm »
OFFENSIVE PASSAGE REMOVED.  I gave him a chance, but I guess I will have to skip 'ol David's videos. Bob's not his uncle and I request he be replaced by a promising and attractive young Sheila.  It worked for Keysight's
So maybe you just go watch some pron instead? If boobs are what you are after.

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2017, 01:55:50 pm »
my 2 cents : slow down. the new kid is talking too fast ,skipping things and confusing fundamentals . like the mcad comparison show.
Rhino is a surface modeler. Solidworks is a parametric solid modeler. totally different animal. comparing apples and oranges.

Same for the i2c runthrough. so many base concepts missing. it is presented from a (bad) software perspective.
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

The following users thanked this post: hammy

Online Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2017, 02:10:54 pm »
I don't like this Coal guy. Or his Mexican accent.

The following users thanked this post: boffin, nugglix

Offline BBBbbb

• Supporter
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2017, 05:37:59 pm »
... has bad skin...
I can understand the accent or expressed enthusiasm remarks, but this? Seriously man?

Offline CoalCreekPlasticsTopic starter

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2017, 06:14:33 pm »
What contribution does someones appearance have on their engineering competence? How about you put a picture of yourself up and I'll comment on all of your wrinkles and receding hair line you old fart?

Jog on OP.

The difference you fail to grasp is that I am not all over YouTube proffering myself as a SME.  Like it or not,  we are judged by how we look and speak.  Just like you are now.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:17:12 pm by CoalCreekPlastics »

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2017, 06:19:21 pm »

Which YouTube video were you referring to?  Racist much?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:46:51 pm by CoalCreekPlastics »

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2017, 06:21:35 pm »
OFFENSIVE PASSAGE REMOVED.  I gave him a chance, but I guess I will have to skip 'ol David's videos. Bob's not his uncle and I request he be replaced by a promising and attractive young Sheila.  It worked for Keysight's
So maybe you just go watch some pron instead? If boobs are what you are after.

I have a shot at a well-groomed boob anyways...

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2017, 06:25:58 pm »
... has bad skin...
I can understand the accent or expressed enthusiasm remarks, but this? Seriously man?

Yes, I am serious, I don't care to watch someone with what look like pimples to me.  In the medium of video that's a valid critique, not a personal attack.  I took care of them before I was photographed when I had them.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 06:36:23 pm by CoalCreekPlastics »

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2017, 06:32:19 pm »

He's actually Boulder, Colorado.  ;)
Best Regards, Chris

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2017, 06:35:46 pm »

He's actually Boulder, Colorado.  ;)

Boulder County actually...

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2017, 06:39:10 pm »
Moderators, the replies are clear in that the general consensus is that my statements are wrong.  Would you please delete my thread.  My intent was not to start a fight and I am not "trolling" and didn't intend to cause so many upset people.  Thank you.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2017, 06:45:24 pm »
... has bad skin...

Yeas, I am serious, I don't care to watch someone with what look like pimples to me.  In the medium of video that's a valid critique, not a personal attack.  I took care of them before I was photographed when I had them.

Just because he has acne doesn’t make him less valuable as a person. If you don’t see that, it makes *you* the one who has no redeeming qualities. Someone that shallow is barely human.

Just FYI, some people have severe acne that doesn’t magically go away at 17. It follows them into adulthood and the only options are extreme medical treatments (high doses of antibiotics or Accutane, which can cause liver failure).

But by all means go right ahead being ignorant.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

The following users thanked this post: hans, jpc

Offline cgroen

• Supporter
    • Carstens personal web
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2017, 06:47:41 pm »
... has bad skin...

Yes, I am serious, I don't care to watch someone with what look like pimples to me.  In the medium of video that's a valid critique, not a personal attack.  I took care of them before I was photographed when I had them.

You are looking more and more like a real id.ot, your parents must be real proud of you and your view on other humans....

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2017, 06:49:21 pm »
... has bad skin...

Yeas, I am serious, I don't care to watch someone with what look like pimples to me.  In the medium of video that's a valid critique, not a personal attack.  I took care of them before I was photographed when I had them.

Just because he has acne doesn’t make him less valuable as a person. If you don’t see that, it makes *you* the one who has no redeeming qualities. Someone that shallow is barely human.

Just FYI, some people have severe acne that doesn’t magically go away at 17. It follows them into adulthood and the only options are extreme medical treatments (high doses of antibiotics or Accutane, which can cause liver failure).

At what point did I say he had no value as a person?!?  Ridiculous.

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2017, 06:55:08 pm »
... has bad skin...

You are looking more and more like a real id.ot, your parents must be real proud of you and your view on other humans....

Yes, because I criticized a video here I am clearly sub-human. ::)   As to parents, I would suggest you move out of your parent's basement and find things in the real world to be offended about.

Offline timb

• Super Contributor
  • Pretentiously Posting Polysyllabic Prose
    • timb.us
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 07:04:44 pm »
... has bad skin...

At what point did I say he had no value as a person?!?  Ridiculous.

The fact that you take more stock in the way he looks than what he knows says that. Remember the old adage about not judging a book by its cover? Or that beauty is only skin deep? You’d do well to remember that.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic; e.g., Cheez Whiz, Hot Dogs and RF.

Online Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2017, 07:07:09 pm »

Which YouTube video were you referring to?  Racist much?

Actually, I was attempting to make fun of your typical American inability to distinguish accents. I know not of any video of yours, nor do I intend to watch any!

Perhaps if I'd said Canadian you'd be more or less offended and, apparently, it'd be less racist. Because mentioning Mexicans is racist these days. And black people. And Asians.

Is it racist to say Scandinavian too, or have not enough people taken offence at that yet?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 07:09:42 pm by Monkeh »

Offline cgroen

• Supporter
    • Carstens personal web
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2017, 07:08:00 pm »
... has bad skin...

Yes, because I criticized a video here I am clearly sub-human. ::)   As to parents, I would suggest you move out of your parent's basement and find things in the real world to be offended about.

Thanks Troll, I'm 51, have no basement and both parents are gone long time ago  :-DD

Seriously, how long will this thread survive....

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2017, 07:11:27 pm »
The more I go on here, the more I realize that you are all VERY thin-skinned and easily offended.  I find your "white knighting" for "David2" comical.  You are all so desperate for something to be offended about.

Offline cgroen

• Supporter
    • Carstens personal web
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2017, 07:12:33 pm »
The more I go on here, the more I realize that you are all VERY thin-skinned and easily offended.  I find your "white knighting" for "David2" comical.  You are all so desperate for something to be offended about.

Sure, we are all nuts, it is only YOU who are "right"  :-/O

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2017, 07:13:43 pm »

Sure, we are all nuts, it is only YOU who are "right"  :-/O

No nuts, just easily offended and butthurt.

Online Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2017, 07:15:05 pm »
You seem to be the one taking offence now. Where's my popcorn.. :popcorn:

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2017, 07:16:18 pm »
You seem to be the one taking offence now. Where's my popcorn.. :popcorn:

Yup you're so right.  ::)