Author Topic: I Don't Like the "New Kid"  (Read 17783 times)

Offline CoalCreekPlasticsTopic starter

• Supporter
  • !
Re: I Don't Like the "New Kid"
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2017, 07:19:24 pm »
This thread sucks.  Why should a personal attack on David2 be tolerated? IMHO Should be deleted, in fact isn't there a 'duty of care' to delete it?

*Based on the original post

What exactly was personal?  What sucks here is someone with no real experience proffering themselves as a SME, and being unprofessional in doing so.

Please continue the white-knighting, it's hilarious to envision "David2" as a damsel in distress in a tower and all of you coming riding in to save him.

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2017, 07:29:41 pm »
Please (as a minimum), close this thread.
It is VERY inappropriate to talk about people in this way (in public).
This thread is apparently a personnel attack on someone, and surely is against the forum rules ?

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2017, 07:32:56 pm »
Please (as a minimum), close this thread.
It is VERY inappropriate to talk about people in this way (in public).
This thread is apparently a personnel attack on someone, and surely is against the forum rules ?

...tripping over each other to save him.

Again, the truth for a VIDEO personality is not a personal attack.  And not one of you besides Dave himself have made any statements that are a basis in fact.  No statement of his credentials, not statements addressing the specific issues I brought up.  It's just the desire to be oh-so offended by nothing.

I agree whole heatedly, close the thread.  I have learned much here.  You want nothing to do with me, and I no longer want anything to do with any of you white-knights saving poor Rapunzel.  It's OK, these things happen.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 07:37:02 pm by CoalCreekPlastics »

Offline Bashstreet

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2017, 07:33:54 pm »
Just ban the fool and get over with it. :palm:

Offline BBBbbb

• Supporter
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2017, 07:38:38 pm »
CCP you seem to miss the point, this is not Dave's (David's) attempt at pleasing the general public for you to be nitpicking someone's looks, it's all about the content, and you hardly see David's face. Vast majority of us care only about the content, and these topics will never appeal to the mass public regardless who presents them.

Hopefully David doesn't take this seriously (as I do when I hear the recording of my voice). I haven't paid much attention to his videos since I'm not into the 3D printing and I do know the basic stuff presented in the eevAcademy videos, but really nothing out of the ordinary regarding this type of videos.

Hitler!
There time to close the topic Dave.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 07:40:22 pm by BBBbbb »

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2017, 07:50:46 pm »
CCP you seem to miss the point, this is not Dave's (David's) attempt at pleasing the general public for you to be nitpicking someone's looks, it's all about the content, and you hardly see David's face. Vast majority of us care only about the content, and these topics will never appeal to the mass public regardless who presents them.

Hopefully David doesn't take this seriously (as I do when I hear the recording of my voice). I haven't paid much attention to his videos since I'm not into the 3D printing and I do know the basic stuff presented in the eevAcademy videos, but really nothing out of the ordinary regarding this type of videos.

Hitler!
There time to close the topic Dave.

LOL, I'm Hitler now.  Outstanding!

I am not missing the point at all, you say this because you have no factual basis for your ridiculous oh-so offended white knighting.  Here I'll help you guys out:

• David2 has a degree in EE from X univeristy, he has worked for X years for X
  • David2 is part of a generation that feel looks don't matter.  Another example would be Lady Ada from Adafruit.  She has pink hair and nose-rings.  She also continually interrupted Paul Horowitz when interviewing him, it's just the way they are.
  • David2 doesn't have access to a comb or hairbrush, give the guy a break.

Or point me to the post where this was all laid out.

Catching on?  See if you were then it would undermine your "I'm offended and you're the devil" narrative going in this thread.  And that would leave all you white-knights without a damsel in distress.

Hitler...ridiculous and typical.  Anyone that says something I don't like is Hitler.  I killed 20 million Jews right?  How comical and something to make light of.

And another thing, the content and the delivery are not so hot either.  I stated that in my post, the "analysis" of the CAD packages was flawed and pointless.  I clicked on it thinking Dave Jones had done a quick video, I was wrong.  I want my 10 minutes back.

If the moderators want to ban me, so be it, let it commence immediately.  I will get over it.  I apologized for some of the delivery, I re-stated my case, but all the lot of you want to do is engage in group-think and nonsense.  The only personal attacks here are in posts to me.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 07:59:25 pm by CoalCreekPlastics »

Offline BBBbbb

• Supporter
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2017, 08:00:40 pm »
"Hitler" has nothing to do with you and has everything to do with Godwin's law. Recently Dave closed a thread when we reached this point, so I was just accelerating it.

You seem to get offended a lot quicker than many that have posted here, but fail to realize that changing personal appearance won't get him any significantly bigger viewing numbers. I'd rather he invests the extra time in quality/extent of knowledge being presented than combing his hair.
It's not like his commenting video games or something general.

Do you really think Dave has this many subscribers because of his looks? I actually prefer David's tone of voice to Dave's, but simply don't care. Keep in mind that Dave has had a lot of subscribers even before he took his shirt off in the ECG video.

Or you simply have a problem with David's age?

Interrupting a person during an interview is usually bad and rude but has nothing to do with what is discussed here.   

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2017, 08:01:09 pm »
BBBbbb just trying forcibly invoke the Godwin's law to end the discussion....
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2017, 08:07:45 pm »
"Hitler" has nothing to do with you and has everything to do with Godwin's law. Recently Dave closed a thread when we reached this point, so I was just accelerating it.

You seem to get offended a lot quicker than many that have posted here, but fail to realize that changing personal appearance won't get him any significantly bigger viewing numbers. I'd rather he invests the extra time in quality/extent of knowledge being presented than combing his hair.
It's not like his commenting video games or something general.

Do you really think Dave has this many subscribers because of his looks? I actually prefer David's tone of voice to Dave's, but simply don't care. Keep in mind that Dave has had a lot of subscribers even before he took his shirt off in the ECG video.

Or you simply have a problem with David's age?

Interrupting a person during an interview is usually bad and rude but has nothing to do with what is discussed here.

Again, tripping over yourself to be the white-knight.  Can't even accept a helping hand.  You didn't even read the post obviously.  You all advocate for his "knowledge."  From the brainstorming video on I have yet to see one iota of this "brilliance." It is you who miss the point sir.  And I am not offended one damn bit, I have thicker skin than this forum.

ETA: And yes, I think Dave has many subscribers in part because he has a professional appearance.  I'll cover this again, people are judged by the way they look and speak, like it or not.  Did the guy form Keysight come on and look like he just rolled out of bed?  Is that how you go in to your job?  It's like you people are trying to say that an unkempt appearance "automagically" implies knowledge.  It's ridiculous.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 08:16:17 pm by CoalCreekPlastics »

Offline timgiles

• Regular Contributor
  • Programmer, DB architect
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2017, 08:18:01 pm »
David2 is David2. Dave is Dave. With David2 working and putting out content there is simply more content we can all choose to watch or not. As for style - Dave != David2 but to be honest, 1xDave is enough. He puts out great content in his way and David2 will grow as his content count increases.

My feedback to Dave is to keep up the quality and the mix. I cant think of any videos I have immediately closed or skipped but every now and again there is something that does not click with me and I generally leave it on so Dave gets the full 'view count' with Youtube. But I dont expect every video to be made for me.

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2017, 08:18:46 pm »
It's like you people are trying to say that an unkempt appearance "automagically" implies knowledge.  It's ridiculous.

It's like you're saying any imperfection in appearance "automagically" implies unintelligence. It's ridiculous.

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2017, 08:36:49 pm »
It's like you people are trying to say that an unkempt appearance "automagically" implies knowledge.  It's ridiculous.

It's like you're saying any imperfection in appearance "automagically" implies unintelligence. It's ridiculous.

For the umpteenth time.  People are judged by the way they look and speak, like it or not.

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2017, 08:37:51 pm »

For the umpteenth time.  People are judged by the way they look and speak, like it or not.

And often excessively so. By loud-mouthed people on the internet, especially.

The following users thanked this post: jpc

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2017, 08:44:40 pm »
I'll cover this again, people are judged by the way they look and speak, like it or not.

Fools do that, yes.

Well, we're judging you solely on what you write.

You're quite clearly incapable of any empathy with a young man getting his start in the world. If you don't like the content that David2 puts out you could just ignore it, just like I ignore Eminem. I feel no need to go online to decry Eminem, and the fact that you feel the need to go online to moan about David2's accent*, appearance and anything else you could get a hook into says more about you (and by implication, how much actual substance or weight** you have) than it says about David2 or anything that David2 has produced. At least David2 is trying to make a positive contribution to the world.

*David2's accent is Australian by the way, not British.
** Weight here is meant to convey moral or spiritual weight, not the lardy arse of anyone who follows the, seemingly typical, American diet.
Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

The following users thanked this post: 3db, MK14

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2017, 08:48:39 pm »

And often excessively so. By loud-mouthed people on the internet, especially.

And we're back to name-calling, wow you're really good at quashing free thought and expression when it's unpopular.  ::)

Tell you what, you have any number of chances to prove your point.  For example, go before a judge in any civil or criminal matter.  Go in in your finest "who farted" t-shirt and with you hair sticking up like you just got out of bed.  Proceed to name-call the opposing party (probably a plaintiff in your case) and let me know how that works out for you.

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2017, 08:49:57 pm »
I'll cover this again, people are judged by the way they look and speak, like it or not.

Fools do that, yes.

You're quite clearly incapable of any empathy with a young man getting his start in the world. If you don't like the content that David2 puts out you could just ignore it, just like I ignore Eminem. I feel no need to go online to decry Eminem, and the fact that you feel the need to go online to moan about David2's accent*, appearance and anything else you could get a hook into says more about you (and by implication, how much actual substance or weight** you have) than it says about David2 or anything that David2 has produced. At least David2 is trying to make a positive contribution to the world.

** Weight here is meant to convey moral or spiritual weight, not the lardy arse of anyone who follows the, seemingly typical, American diet.

And more name-calling from the Brits, quite adept at quashing free speech and unpopular opinions aren't you?  So much for a "Free and Open Forum."
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 08:55:34 pm by CoalCreekPlastics »

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2017, 08:55:48 pm »
And along came a straw man..

You've said your piece. You're now spending all day attacking people who don't agree.

Stop waiting for the moderators to close the thread: Just shut up.

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2017, 08:57:22 pm »
And along came a straw man..

You've said your piece. You're now spending all day attacking people who don't agree.

Stop waiting for the moderators to close the thread: Just shut up.

No that was you with the straw man argument, go back and read you own posts, and you shut up.  Again, no cogent argument so you throw a little temper tantrum.  You can dish it out and make comments about "the Yank" but can't take it.  ETA: I have tendency to stand up to group-think diluted bullies.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 09:01:28 pm by CoalCreekPlastics »

Offline mc172

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2017, 08:58:21 pm »
And more name-calling from the Brits

It's what you get for suggesting that we sound like Australians. ;)

• Supporter
  • !
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2017, 08:59:32 pm »

David2 didn't sound Australian to me, mea culpa.  :-//

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2017, 09:00:51 pm »

I do whenever I drop anything heavy on my foot. It starts with "Strewth!" and gets more Australian by the second.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2017, 09:20:44 pm »

Fools do that, yes.

And more name-calling from the Brits, quite adept at quashing free speech and unpopular opinions aren't you?  So much for a "Free and Open Forum."

Except I didn't call you any names, which just goes to show that your arguments are as hollow as you apparently are.

You just don't get this do you? You go around calling people 'white knighters', 'name callers' and all manner of other things when in reality they are just horrified by your rudeness and general lack of common decency. Add to that, the fact that you brought nationality into it as soon as possible* and it is easy to see why many people form such a low opinion of your countrymen, based on examples like yours. Thankfully, there are a goodly number of Americans on here who conduct themselves in a decent fashion to counter your example.

At least there will be something good to come out of this thread, I guess that we'll all now know which Coloradan Eric Cartman was based on.

*Your 3rd sentence in this thread.

The following users thanked this post: MK14, jpc

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2017, 09:21:07 pm »
my my what a mess. Well that is sir banned, end of the show I think.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2017, 11:49:32 pm »
my 2 cents : slow down. the new kid is talking too fast ,skipping things and confusing fundamentals . like the mcad comparison show.
Rhino is a surface modeler. Solidworks is a parametric solid modeler. totally different animal. comparing apples and oranges.

Same for the i2c runthrough. so many base concepts missing. it is presented from a (bad) software perspective.
I agree about the I2C video. It is a bit like the deaf leading the blind the way he did it but then again try to find a seasoned engineer who can explain well and has time on his hands to make videos about it.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2017, 06:55:48 am »
The irony of this is that people are judged by how they look and speak and act.

It happens every single day.

Is that wrong?  Some may argue "Yes" and others "No" while there will be a middle ground of "It depends".

Is that fair?  Sometimes it is quite unfair, no doubt about it.

The real question is: "Is it relevant?" - and here we venture into the subtleties of human behaviour.

I am well aware that there is an exceptionally wide range of personalities - and that the following illustration is by no means a universal truth - but it does occur ... and far more often than will ever be admitted.

If you were to have a face-to-face meeting with someone who weighs an unattractive 200Kg, you wouldn't be so bold as to make an issue of it - and you would look past it, as social protocols dictate, to not offend.  If you were to have a subsequent discussion about that meeting, you would still be mindful of social courtesies.  In both these situations, you would discipline yourself to "behave" and in so doing, you would benefit.

However, if you were to start watching a video in the privacy of your own home with someone who's voice or appearance irks you, it only takes one simple click to close a window ... and doing so has zero social implications.

Certainly, such a judgement could well be a really bad one as the content may have been perfectly suited to the watcher - and they will suffer from the loss of that knowledge - but this sort of decision process happens all the time.

The following users thanked this post: phliar

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf