Author Topic: Site question, how does this work?  (Read 2693 times)

Offline DJPhilTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Site question, how does this work?
« on: September 07, 2010, 01:18:43 am »
Some time back I was generously gifted an old laser fax machine with the ability to print. Yay for toner transfer!
After six months it's finally used up what little toner it came with. Off I go to look for a new cartridge, hoping I can find a cheap one.
Amazon has them for a bit over $20 shipped from a company with decent reviews, much cheaper than I thought!

So my actual question is this, if I search for it from the Amazon search box on Dave's home page, will it help him out?
I'm pretty sure it would if I were to buy the Rigol or the Fluke that are always on there, but does it work for other things too?

It'd be really nice to help out when I'm buying necessities anyhow.

Also, if you read this Dave, would it be worth making a 'How to help Dave' sticky with the rules, so we don't miss a chance?
Now that I think of it, I suppose you'd have to worry about people being too helpful and gaming the system.

Muh, I don't know what I'd do. What do you guys think?

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Site question, how does this work?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 02:01:27 am »
Thanks.
Yes, if you use the amazon search box I should get a cut on everything sold, including through third parties.
I get a 6%-7% cut of the sale price.
That's not much for small items, but they all add up at the end of the month, and quite a few people buy Rigol scopes which give me a very decent cut.
I already have a note on the About page: http://www.eevblog.com/about/
The Amazon sales are now a reasonable proportion of the income from the blog.

Dave.

Offline DJPhilTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 02:11:16 am »
Yes, if you use the amazon search box I should get a cut on everything sold, including through third parties.
Excellent, I'll be sure to route through when I grab something from amazon. :)

I already have a note on the About page: http://www.eevblog.com/about/
Aw, I should have looked. That's what I get for being a forum junkie and rarely straying out to the main page.  :-[

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 06:45:54 am »
which amazon site does this work for though ? I get a feeling it won't be of any help if I'm in the UK as I have to go to the UK website as daves is the american one I think

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 06:51:31 am »
which amazon site does this work for though ? I get a feeling it won't be of any help if I'm in the UK as I have to go to the UK website as daves is the american one I think

I don't think it applies to the UK.
Someone on here bought something through the UK site and it didn't show up on my revenue report.
But I can't find this written anywhere.

Dave.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 06:56:13 am »
yea i bought the art of electronics but I was not buying it from the US website as postage is expensive so I had to just dial in the UK website and buy it there, they used to do a thing where if you looked at something on the US website they detected that you were not from the region and suggested the link to you for your local amazon website. But they don't seem to do it any more

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf