Author Topic: SEX ROBOT teardown  (Read 8590 times)

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Re: SEX ROBOT teardown
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2020, 04:34:52 pm »
Taking the "don't turn it on" to a whole new level, eh?

I feel a sex robot probably wouldn't be the most interesting teardown, it'd mostly be the novelty value. I could be mistaken though, they may be more sophisticated than I give them credit for.

The animatronics would be the bigger part, the actual electronics maybe little more complicated than a singing birthday card :)

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2020, 06:45:57 pm »
Yes, the electronics would probably be a mix of COB for the stuff they buy that is mass produced, like the digital voice package, where you can fit it pretty much into a SRBP  chip carrier like used in greeting cards, and then a few motor drivers for the mechanical partws, and a microcontroller for the smarts.  You could probably use smart lamp controllers for a lot, as it is not exactly high processing power for the most part, just complex mechanically for the "interface" parts, which has to be flexible and heated. The rest is just bulk silicone in most cases poured onto an armature after adding all the electronics and such, and in a polished and waxed mould so the silicone releases properly after curing. Then cleaned and painted.

Yes I have seen and touched them, not the full animatronic ones but the cheaper silent " fully correct" exaggerated Japanese ones, as a shop I know imported 2 of them. Dave might have heard of the ex owner of the chain, he now is living well in Australia, and I have met JT a few times as well.

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2020, 01:26:51 am »
cherry 2000?

Was a movie. The plot always involves weird men and a android.

Weird science. Stepford wives. Electric sheep.
The latter only in New Zealand. ;D
One thing's fer sure, if life imitates art, the futures gonna be interesting.

The following users thanked this post: Ed.Kloonk

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2020, 01:44:54 am »
Classic 80s dance track  (35 years ago!  WTF?)

"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf