General > TEA

Emptiness

<< < (11/12) > >>

factory:
From the rules post, it just states what you post is 'public domain', no copyright mentioned, I have no issue with members of the .io forum adding their own posts/content from here.
I can't see any point for the 100k+ old posts to be added, this would just end up wasting money.

--- Quote ---By posting on this public forum you are effectively giving up ownership of the text you wrote - it becomes public domain - people are free to quote it for perpetuity on this forum and other websites, bots are free to archive it and make it available in searches, and the forum owner is free to archive it and restore it if desired. You have no right to demand that what you wrote be removed from all parts of this forum and other people's posts. If you don't like this, don't post to a public forum like this.

--- End quote ---

David

bsfeechannel:

--- Quote from: tautech on September 11, 2022, 09:54:57 am ---We've never met but are family.

--- End quote ---

Granted, we can make friends and extend our relationships beyond this kind of interaction, here. But we have to consider that the EEVBlog is not a family. It is a forum. People come here primarily to exchange ideas.

Before the EEVBlog, my favorite spot on the net was the TDPRI. It is a 25 year-old 150,000-user community about almost everything I like: woodworking, metallurgy, electronics and obviously music.

If you read their rules, you will find this:

OFF LIMIT SUBJECTS:
Some subjects cause nothing but trouble, so no posting about:
1. Politics - ZERO tolerance of anything political
2. Religion
3. Sex (including improper photos or videos)
4. Drugs - usage, laws, legality or paraphernalia
5. Current Wars or national disputes
6. Gun rights or politics

And then

SENSITIVE SUBJECTS
On a public forum it is best not to discuss intimate and sensitive subjects. Please do not post on subjects such as Divorce, Spouse Abuse, Family Fighting, Addictions, Sexual Identity, Transgender, Psychological, Mental Heath, STDs, Sexual Dysfunction, Bankruptcy, Credit Worthiness, Eviction or other subjects of a sensitive and intimate nature.

Emphasis, mine.

By the way, they have an off-topic subforum called "Bad Dog Cafe", that's why they had to create a new category called OFF-LIMIT SUBJECTS.

Forums, when they get very large, they tend to encompass a wide range of topics, however, at the same time, it seems, it becomes even more impersonal, which is incompatible with what you see with a family.

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: bd139 on September 11, 2022, 06:47:21 pm ---That is originally why I suggested freezing the thread and continuing on groups.io only.
--- End quote ---

The TEA thread here will not be locked. Many people still enjoy using it every day, it is still very active.

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: Simon on September 11, 2022, 04:46:07 pm ---As they mention themselves there IS a copyright issue. Current terms state that the rights of any posts belong to THIS forum.

--- End quote ---

Just clarify, the EEVblog forum has the right to host the content in-perpetuity. But other sites are free to archive it, and ultimately to host it if they wish. But I agree with others that have said having two public copies is not a good idea from an SEO and confusion point of view, and I don't know why anyone would want to do that. Just start fresh, and if you need to link to a post, just link to it here. Or if you want to quote an old post from here and discuss it elsewhere, just copy that one post as needed.

pcprogrammer:

--- Quote from: bsfeechannel on September 12, 2022, 01:08:09 am ---OFF LIMIT SUBJECTS:
Some subjects cause nothing but trouble, so no posting about:
1. Politics - ZERO tolerance of anything political
2. Religion
3. Sex (including improper photos or videos)
4. Drugs - usage, laws, legality or paraphernalia
5. Current Wars or national disputes
6. Gun rights or politics

--- End quote ---

An interesting difference between the rules here and what you mentioned. SEX, for what I have seen of it in the time I have been on this forum, not a problem, where as the film industry seems to portrait nerds to always be thinking about SEX :-DD

Or at least used to. Think of films like "revenge of the nerds" and "weird science"  :)

--- Quote from: bsfeechannel on September 12, 2022, 01:08:09 am ---SENSITIVE SUBJECTS
On a public forum it is best not to discuss intimate and sensitive subjects. Please do not post on subjects such as Divorce, Spouse Abuse, Family Fighting, Addictions, Sexual Identity, Transgender, Psychological, Mental Heath, STDs, Sexual Dysfunction, Bankruptcy, Credit Worthiness, Eviction or other subjects of a sensitive and intimate nature.

--- End quote ---

A quite specific list of what not to post about, I must say, but these are indeed subjects that can cause disruption. But some of these have been discussed here at length without a lot of troubles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version