Author Topic: Emptiness  (Read 18864 times)

Offline SpecmasterTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Emptiness
« on: September 01, 2022, 11:02:11 am »
Oh it echoes in here, is there anyone else around? :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline nixiefreqq

• Super Contributor
Re: Emptiness
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2022, 11:50:21 am »
free range primate

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2022, 01:18:33 pm »

Strange thing is that the email notification displays the text "I hear something" but the text does not appear on the thread post?
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2022, 01:30:04 pm »
Come on guys... stop with the antagonizing. We should take a "Wait and see" attitude towards the "Enter at your own risk!" warning at the top of the space... if we can expect the complainers to take responsibility for coming there, even though they were warned... that's a compromise.

If Dave is unwilling to give us a real OT space... lets at least see if the chain-link fence he put up around the old TEAnonymous stronghold is enough make the whiners whine somewhere else.

Otherwise, they're just gonna move in and take over. ;)

mnem
 :popcorn:
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

Offline bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2022, 03:41:48 pm »
Come on guys... stop with the antagonizing. We should take a "Wait and see" attitude towards the "Enter at your own risk!" warning at the top of the space... if we can expect the complainers to take responsibility for coming there, even though they were warned... that's a compromise.

If Dave is unwilling to give us a real OT space... lets at least see if the chain-link fence he put up around the old TEAnonymous stronghold is enough make the whiners whine somewhere else.

mnem

I would contribute content here, but I'm waiting for you to convince bitseeker to move the thread to this subforum.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2022, 04:28:13 pm »
 :-DD

mnem
What me antagonize, perish the thought, just wanted to be the very first to post anything thats all  :-DD

I must say that it is far easier with the old emojis.
Who let Murphy in?

Offline m k

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2022, 05:45:49 pm »
Still single digit.
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Beckman-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-REO-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Tokyo Rikosha-Triplett-YFE
(plus lesser brands from the work shop of the world)

Offline mnementh

• Super Contributor
  • *Hiding in the Dwagon-Cave*
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2022, 07:58:14 pm »
you fookers.... just agitatin' for the sake of agitatin'...  :-DD

mnem
(but thanks for the chuckle; I needed it ;) )
alt-codes work here:  alt-0128 = €  alt-156 = £  alt-0216 = Ø  alt-225 = ß  alt-230 = µ  alt-234 = Ω  alt-236 = ∞  alt-248 = °

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2022, 08:18:03 pm »
you fookers.... just agitatin' for the sake of agitatin'...  :-DD

mnem
(but thanks for the chuckle; I needed it ;) )
yeah, I know you only too well  ;)
Who let Murphy in?

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2022, 08:16:00 am »
I would contribute content here, but I'm waiting for you to convince bitseeker to move the thread to this subforum.

I think I read that bitseeker has no intention of moving the thread, and doesn't care either way. So either the majority here decide they want it moved, or it simply remains as-is.
Decide amoung yourself, I rarely post in TEA, so I have no personal opinion on it.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2022, 08:17:40 am »

How is your new space a "real OT space"? It basically has the same OT hot-topic rules as here.
I offered you your own moderator that you guy would elect and your own space to be left alone. Nothing more I can do.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2022, 01:34:28 pm »
If Dave is unwilling to give us a real OT space...

Go vote!
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/important-poll-should-there-be-an-off-topic-section/

It might even be better than your new home that has topic rules :P

Online AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2022, 12:55:37 pm »
Well, this is confusing... I shall ask bitseeker to move the old TEA thread here, as a favour to the regular contributors that wish to continue using the EEVBlog forums.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2022, 01:45:57 pm »
Well, this is confusing... I shall ask bitseeker to move the old TEA thread here, as a favour to the regular contributors that wish to continue using the EEVBlog forums.

Perhaps instead of pouring fuel on the embers of this issue you should just give it a rest.

You have in the last few days tried to claim this which is a LIE 'In point of fact all are unhappy at having had to leave, and your ill-informed attempts to ascribe such base and juvenile motivations are quite far from the mark.'

That MINORITY's inability to accept even some basic conformance to the rules of the Forum WHEN ASKED by Dave without extreme belligerence is and remains the issue. Anything else is complete :bullshit:

In spite of what you might falsely think the thread while started by One (Bitseeker) is the joint composition of ALL and the small number of butt hurt CHILDREN are not 'the thread' but just part of it like we ALL are.

Bitseeker has acted through this as he has seen best with a level of dignity and politeness and certainly doesn't need you adding to his job to move forward along his chosen path. The location is within the Forum not that important but as the original intent was a home to the suffers and aspirants of TEA as a disease and the Test Equipment section makes most sense (as it always has). Given the other few topics running currently there is unlikely to be 'special moderators' operating under 'special rules' but that is up to Dave ultimately.

But both of these things in a single forum as fraught with 'but burt look over here they can do X' and are a really bad idea.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2022, 01:55:59 pm »
Why?  I just can't see any good reason.

How is that doing a "favour" for anyone?  .... That is confusing.

Online TERRA Operative

• Super Contributor
  • Voider of warranties
    • Near Far Media Youtube
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2022, 02:45:30 pm »

Please don't.
Where does all this test equipment keep coming from?!?

https://www.youtube.com/NearFarMedia/

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2022, 03:50:56 pm »
How many more threads about the TEA thread are we going to have?  :horse:
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2022, 04:03:14 pm »
Only older Dutch members will get this one :-DD

Ed.Kloonk cleanup in "Emptiness".

Online AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2022, 04:31:50 pm »

Perhaps instead of pouring fuel on the embers of this issue you should just give it a rest.

You have in the last few days tried to claim this which is a LIE 'In point of fact all are unhappy at having had to leave, and your ill-informed attempts to ascribe such base and juvenile motivations are quite far from the mark.'

That MINORITY's inability to accept even some basic conformance to the rules of the Forum WHEN ASKED by Dave without extreme belligerence is and remains the issue. Anything else is complete :bullshit:

In spite of what you might falsely think the thread while started by One (Bitseeker) is the joint composition of ALL and the small number of butt hurt CHILDREN are not 'the thread' but just part of it like we ALL are.

Bitseeker has acted through this as he has seen best with a level of dignity and politeness and certainly doesn't need you adding to his job to move forward along his chosen path. The location is within the Forum not that important but as the original intent was a home to the suffers and aspirants of TEA as a disease and the Test Equipment section makes most sense (as it always has). Given the other few topics running currently there is unlikely to be 'special moderators' operating under 'special rules' but that is up to Dave ultimately.

But both of these things in a single forum as fraught with 'but burt look over here they can do X' and are a really bad idea.

An interesting response. Please provide evidence if you're going to call someone a liar. And please don't resort to name calling, it lowers the tone of the debate.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Online AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2022, 04:35:34 pm »
Why?  I just can't see any good reason.

How is that doing a "favour" for anyone?  .... That is confusing.

What's confusing is having two TEA sections. Either the original should be moved here, or this one should be deleted. I'm easy either way.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

The following users thanked this post: Specmaster

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2022, 01:36:45 am »
I'm happy to walk away from this little backwater.  There hasn't been any TEA content posted here anyway - just musings and reflections.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2022, 07:47:06 am »

An interesting response. Please provide evidence if you're going to call someone a liar. And please don't resort to name calling, it lowers the tone of the debate.

Statement of FACT it is a LIE if it was name calling I would have used LIAR but I didn't!

So lets revue and be 'generous' and call them alternative facts  :palm:

Let me just list the Number of Members and contributors to the TEA thread that 'having had to leave' or were Forced from here by permanent bans or blocks to ongoing contributions in that thread or elsewhere in the forum.

Ok so after that extensive list everyone can now draw there own conclusions about the prior post of mine and your claims.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2022, 08:42:49 am »
A big gap of "emptiness" to fit the title :-DD

Online AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2022, 09:47:33 am »

Statement of FACT it is a LIE if it was name calling I would have used LIAR but I didn't!

So lets revue and be 'generous' and call them alternative facts  :palm:

Let me just list the Number of Members and contributors to the TEA thread that 'having had to leave' or were Forced from here by permanent bans or blocks to ongoing contributions in that thread or elsewhere in the forum.

Ok so after that extensive list everyone can now draw there own conclusions about the prior post of mine and your claims.

Saying something that someone said is a lie, is calling them a liar. That is a simple fact. Referring to people as "butt hurt CHILDREN" is name calling. This also is a simple fact.

Since you have failed to provide any evidence that what I said is a lie, I consider it pure flamebaiting, which I am far too mature and intelligent to respond to in the way I believe you want. Here is a list of people that I personally know are unhappy at being made to feel so unwelcome in TEAnonymous that they had to leave, for their own wellbeing:

mnementh
bd139
Cerebus
bitseeker (the TEAnonymous OP, lest we forget that little fact, and despite your claims to the contrary, it is within his purview to request the thread be moved, locked, or deleted)
Saskia
med6753

Also I have observed that there are several people who used to contribute in TEAnonymous, but now only in Discord and .io, though I shan't name them because I haven't spoken to them personally about why.

Then there's the people that stayed, but have drastically reduced contribution to the TEAnonymous thread, such as myself. Again, I shan't name others, as I haven't spoken to them personally about why.
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2022, 09:54:57 am »
Also I have observed that there are several people who used to contribute in TEAnonymous, but now only in Discord and .io, though I shan't name them because I haven't spoken to them personally about why.

Then there's the people that stayed, but have drastically reduced contribution to the TEAnonymous thread, such as myself. Again, I shan't name others, as I haven't spoken to them personally about why.
Because the close friends we have built these last few years are somewhere else and whenever you wish to keep friends you follow them so to keep in touch. We've never met but are family.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf