Author Topic: $20 LCR ESR Transistor checker project  (Read 3409488 times)

Feliciano and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
Re: $20 LCR ESR Transistor checker project
« Reply #5300 on: November 14, 2018, 07:21:24 pm »
What is the difference between the K-Firmware and M-Firmware ?

The differences are explained in the README file of the m-firmware.

If i understand, i donwload K-Firmware V1.13 and i replace the original makefile with the makefile in CloneTtester ?

What do you mean by "CloneTtester"?

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5301 on: November 14, 2018, 07:30:35 pm »
can someone make a newbs guide to flashing the firmware of these? I have the USB bootloader device. Dont know what pins go where. currently have 1.12k but its an original 2016 build

There are tons of guides about programming an AVR via ISP, e.g. http://www.ladyada.net/learn/avr/programming.html. The TransistorTester isn't any different. The important point is to program flash (.hex) and EEPROM (.eep).

Offline Andbro

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5302 on: November 14, 2018, 08:27:55 pm »
Hi,

Clone Ttester is a Russian who has made differents firmwares for many ESR. He has many model not included in MicroKontroller.net.
The problem, it's in Russian.

See the link: https://yadi.sk/d/yW8xa5NJgUo5z

Thanks

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5303 on: November 14, 2018, 08:42:46 pm »
I see. Karl-Heinz offers compiled firmwares for several clones. You just need to identify your tester model and check the trunk directory for a match.

Offline Andbro

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5304 on: November 14, 2018, 09:25:42 pm »
Hi,

It's the only on Clone Ttester have found the updated the firmware for the model FISH8840 with TFT.
I've try this firmware, it's very good but only in Russian.
I don't know if it's possible to change the language in English and how to change and what software to use.

Thanks

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5305 on: November 15, 2018, 08:27:13 am »
Hi,

Clone Ttester is a Russian who has made differents firmwares for many ESR. He has many model not included in MicroKontroller.net.
The problem, it's in Russian.

See the link: https://yadi.sk/d/yW8xa5NJgUo5z

Thanks

Hi! It is my archive.
As not only Russian-speaking people use this archive, I decided to add new firmwares from k-firmware in English for different clones.
In the next several days I will add archive thus, as shown in a screenshot. You monitor changes in archive.
If dear madires to me allows to use its work, I can add to archive new compiled firmwares UI_ENGLISH for m-firmware? :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 09:01:15 am by indman »

The following users thanked this post: Cliff Matthews

Offline Cliff Matthews

• Supporter
    • General Repair and Support
« Reply #5306 on: November 15, 2018, 03:14:26 pm »
Thanks, but it's kind of really big at over half a giga-byte..!!  :)

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5307 on: November 15, 2018, 03:19:48 pm »
If dear madires to me allows to use its work, I can add to archive new compiled firmwares UI_ENGLISH for m-firmware? :)

I'm fine with that. Happy compiling! ;)

The following users thanked this post: Cliff Matthews, indman

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5308 on: November 15, 2018, 03:28:11 pm »
Thanks, but it's kind of really big at over half a giga-byte..!!  :)
I am not guilty that Chinese made so many different clones! :-DD  Send all claims to them (it is a joke). :D
If it is serious, then it is not obligatory to download all archive, it is possible to download separately only that folder for a clone which is necessary to you.
This resource allows to make it.

The following users thanked this post: Cliff Matthews, pepe10000

Offline jakeisprobably

• Regular Contributor
    • Upcycle Electronics
« Reply #5309 on: November 16, 2018, 01:40:39 am »
ATmega644/1284 DIP and SMD.
I told ya I was slow. I'll post more if they work. Odds are probably around 50/50 that this will work. It will take me at least a few days to get them further along and tested which probably means weeks...if I'm lucky. This is intended as a development board with as much design flexibility as I could come up with. It is designed with an absolute minimum circuit preconfigured. Everything else is broken out on perfboard adapters. Both the SMD and DIP breakout configurations are unified. They are single sided with jumpers and just shy of 150mm ×150mm. Almost the entire microcontroller is broken out onto perfboard footprints.
  This board is probably the worst transistor tester version ever designed. I haven't configured the power supply, startup circuit, display or anything. They are just connected to blank perfboards. ...but...there are 5 possible power supply rails routed to most of the breakout boards. Almost the entite uC is on ta 5×7cm. The leftover PA port is on a 2×8cm that should be cut to 7cm. The PB, PC, and PD ports are each on their own independent 3×7cm breakout with all power supply rails setup on the opposite side from the port header. Each port board has extra pins on each header routed centrally to easily connect between ports using a jumper. I'm mounting these in a bench enclosure similar to what Marcus posted. I intend on using ribbon connectors for a display and interface, but I also added a rotary encoder and test socket footprint on the main board. These are routed for proper connections. However, I have also added header footprints to make them independent and the trace connections are setup to use 0r 0805 resistors for configuration. I have added 0r resistors in several locations for a fully customized configuration.
  I still have a lot of work to do before releasing the KiCAD files and schematic as my designators and schematics are a mess right now. The final and extensively modified artwork for the etch was done using GIMP. After several failed attempts at learning DIY photoresist, I tried to make something that is as easy as possible to work with. All pads are much larger than is typical and I did my best to maximize trace width and spacing. I might have made them a little smoother too. The SMD version only uses cardinal direction jumpers. Unfortunately a few compromises were made on the DIP board and it has some wires. It also has a tricky socket configuration but I've got rivets to remedy the mechanical strength issue.
  ...anyways...I'm probably just pointlessly rambling at this point... Let me know if anyone is interested in more info
-Jake

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #5310 on: November 16, 2018, 03:13:18 am »
Not sure I completely follow everything. Will await your drawings to get a better handle on it.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline meebro

« Reply #5311 on: November 17, 2018, 05:10:19 am »
Hello, I have added 0.1 resistors with suggested voltage reference/regulator to the AY-AT kit (8MHZ), with no problems on original 1.12k firmware included. But when i tried using different m and k firmwares with different ICs, i always get a blank screen that is no use to me.

Both precompiled and self compiled versions have been tried to no avail.  :--
I have been burning the hex and eeprom files via the 328p in an Arduino UNO hooked up to a USBasp connected to PC.
avrdude has no errors with fuses (E:FC, H:D9, L:F7).

Is there anything I have been doing wrong the whole time? Thanks!

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5312 on: November 17, 2018, 11:13:02 am »
Different LCD controller? The AY-AT's display has a ST7735 usually. Does the backlight stay on for a few seconds after powering on?

Offline carrascoso

• Contributor
« Reply #5313 on: November 17, 2018, 07:54:19 pm »
Hello everyone.

Acquired temperature sensor DS18B20 for use in the original Chinese firm (GM328 Kit) and with the firm of Madires.

https://www.ebay.es/itm/DS18B20-Temperature-Temp-Sensor-Waterproof-Digital-Thermal-Probe-1M-BSG/122969181538?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

With the firm of Madires works perfectly.

But with the Chinese firm, it asks to put the probe, I connect it as it indicates and this other screen appears and from there it does not happen.

Has any user had the same problem and has it been solved?

Thank you

Offline jakeisprobably

• Regular Contributor
    • Upcycle Electronics
« Reply #5314 on: November 17, 2018, 08:09:14 pm »
Schematic attached. I've already noticed a couple more errors after creating the PDF but this is still representative of the basic schematic. I was going to try to redo the designators but I'm too lazy at this point.
  Over all the whole idea is to make a board that uses perfboard as little "shield" adapters. By soldering a socket strip on my board, and pin headers on the outside edges of standard sized perfboard I have an adaptable design that I can revise and update various parts of the circuit however I want. This is just a way to test other people's designs or make my own.
 I picked up an bunch of TQFP 644's for $0.90 each, so I made the SMD version first. The DIP version is more polished so I've shown it here.

I have some Dupont Dynamask, but I haven't tried it yet. I have a few other smaller projects I've been playing with. If the Dynamask works well with the smaller projects then I have the masks already made for this project to do them too. This is why they are liquid tin coated. I'm still trying to work out how I want to do designators on the board. I've thought about, 1) trying silk screening, 2) incorporating them in the solder mask, or even 3) experimenting with photoresist film and paint (although I imagine I need to use an epoxy). Anyways, that's why I don't have a proper designator layer printout yet.

Suggestions/direction/ideas are always welcome with me. I'm no expert.
-Jake

Offline meebro

« Reply #5315 on: November 17, 2018, 09:11:23 pm »
Different LCD controller? The AY-AT's display has a ST7735 usually. Does the backlight stay on for a few seconds after powering on?

The main IC on the LCD is an HEF4050BT. Model of the screen is 1982AY-CX. Backlight stays on until power off on 1.34m firmware. I have gotten a precompiled version of "ComponentTester-trendy-1.25m for AY-AT" to work, however. Do you have a compiled version of the new firmware that might work with my tester?

EDIT: the "mega328_color_kit" k firmware seems to work. But now i would like to try to get yours to work.  :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2018, 09:26:54 pm by meebro »

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5316 on: November 18, 2018, 12:48:21 pm »
The 4050 CMOS is used as a level shifter to drive the 3.3V LCD controller. My guess is that you've selected a different LCD driver or signal wiring. Please try the settings for the AY-AT listed in the Clones file!

The following users thanked this post: meebro

Offline meebro

« Reply #5317 on: November 18, 2018, 06:29:45 pm »
Thank you, everything is working fine now!

Offline j395

• Contributor
« Reply #5318 on: November 22, 2018, 04:43:59 pm »
v1.13k (m328p) for some reason detects 51-Ohm resistors as 1 or 2 diodes.

other values measures ok, except <1 Ohm not detected, calibration done.
what can be done about it ?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 05:44:35 pm by j395 »

Offline perieanuo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5319 on: November 22, 2018, 05:09:55 pm »
v1.13k (m328p) for some reason detects 51-Ohm resistors as 1 or 2 diodes:

they never managed to do correct detections, I noticed myself multiple bugs with almost all versions, the tester is just a kid's toy.
But screwing up resistors, it's a really achievement :)
imho they are trying so hard to do lots of stuff they forget stable detection and measurement contraints.should measure slower and better this thing, maybe a microcontroller/memory facelift is needed.
In 2016 in a company I worked they did 5 digits multimeter with an TI device, never missed a voltage or resistor measurement, in the same price category.but the programmer was a real deal.I was the hw guy :)
best regards,pierre
edit:I always power from battery or linear lab supply, needed to be clear I saw later your problem was the power supply :)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 06:24:38 pm by perieanuo »

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5320 on: November 22, 2018, 05:22:34 pm »
5 digits DMM for 12 bucks?

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5321 on: November 22, 2018, 05:28:14 pm »
v1.13k (m328p) for some reason detects 51-Ohm resistors as 1 or 2 diodes:

Have you checked also other 51 Ohms resistors? Or a 47 or a 56 Ohms resistor?

Offline j395

• Contributor
« Reply #5322 on: November 22, 2018, 06:05:07 pm »
Have you checked also other 51 Ohms resistors? Or a 47 or a 56 Ohms resistor?
hm, looks like switching supply issue (powered from lithium power bank controller MP3401A).
With linear supply measures ok
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 06:09:47 pm by j395 »

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5323 on: November 22, 2018, 06:15:48 pm »
Yep, it's a known issue that powering the tester with a SMPSU can cause strange results.

The following users thanked this post: j395

Offline perieanuo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5324 on: November 22, 2018, 06:22:07 pm »
5 digits DMM for 12 bucks?
something like 22-24 euros.the price I payed for ay-at when it was new on the market.(project did in France, manufactured in Hungary, 20 boards fabricated and tested.)
after volume prod, it becamed cheaper.
do you want me to explain further cost vs volume?
by the way, how much do you pay for pcb, lcd, uC?we payed below 2.xx for uC/dsp (my boss used cheap controllers/dsp), board is some euros tested, resistor and capacitors are pennys, lcd was cheap, dac also.you think it cost how much, 200???
I sense a little tension here and I really don't get what bothers you.
the answeer is YES it was surely below 25 euros for sure.
I wasn't doing accounting, just boards, projects, testing, a little scripting, some C++, and a little price survey for some products.So I saw the prices for almost all products leaving the company, thoe I was responsible for only 2 big ones.
in your oppinion, how much it costs a v-a-r meter within this precision?I just had on my hands 0.1 mA ampermeter AND 1mV voltmeter produced 4 euros for 1 piece with STM/12 bit DAC/LED display.
4 bucks!!!
I realise my oppinion concerning this at328 tester's software dislike some readers, but a sw bug is a sw bug, need to be treated and it's not my first time I told a programmer hi is doing a shitty job and needs to revise it all.myself I rewrite stuff for my uC projects all the time and I'm not angry for correcting MY mistakes.
So if you have another experiences with project prices, doesn't mean all of us walk the same path.
pierre

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf