Author Topic: $20 LCR ESR Transistor checker project  (Read 3409029 times)

Offline Yuriy_K

• Regular Contributor
Re: $20 LCR ESR Transistor checker project
« Reply #6950 on: June 04, 2021, 01:33:58 pm »
I have questions:
- What is the difference between the firmware ST7735_BGR_en and ST7735_BGR_en1?
- The Vext is not available ?
- How work the f-Generator ?
- How can i modified battery voltage display (Display 8.15V, Real 8.9V)
- How change the rotation menu ?
- Changed color of double diodes, zener diodes.
- I can turn it on, it became possible after changing the fonts.
- Read the manual ...
- By changing the divider resistors after Selftest ...
I do not have such a Tester, I did it according to the sent Makefile and the responses of users based on the test results. So far I have not received significant comments, which means that hundreds of users are satisfied with the results.
It must be taken into account that the author's remarks about the accuracy of measuring his creation ...
If you run my firmware, show a photo of the measurement of any transistor, I will look at the color scheme.

Online madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #6951 on: June 04, 2021, 02:13:42 pm »
- How can i modified battery voltage display (Display 8.15V, Real 8.9V)

Besides the voltage divider there's also an offset, e.g. by a reverse polarity protection diode or the PNP power switch. The offset can be set via BAT_OUT (k-firmware: Makefile), or BAT_OFFSET (m-firmware: config.h). And the voltage divider can be changed too: BAT_NUMERATOR and BAT_DENOMINATOR (k-firmware: Makefile), or BAT_R1 and BAT_R2 (m-firmware: config.h).

Offline Andbro

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6952 on: June 04, 2021, 02:22:29 pm »

I don't want a custom firmware. it's working well for me. I thought your firmware was open source.

Thank

Offline kreutz

« Reply #6953 on: June 04, 2021, 02:49:59 pm »
It is open source, but due to the amount of different implementations of the hardware you need to customize it by modifying the makefile and/or other functions/ pin arrangement.

Offline Andbro

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6954 on: June 04, 2021, 03:39:56 pm »
 Hi,

The firmware from Yuriy_K is special for the GM328A with display controlled by a NONAME MCU.
I don't know if these sources can be shared.

Thank

Offline apla

« Reply #6955 on: June 06, 2021, 10:13:55 am »
Hi,

I think current firmware compile and update procedure is too complex. I don't care to lost 1K flash in order to have Arduino UART bootloader.

So, I've tried to compile 1.43m firmware with Arduino tools and after a few modifications compilation succeeds.

What I did:
  • Created the empty ComponentTester.ino within ComponentTester folder (in that case Arduino should use existing main() from main.c)
  • replaced check for ATmega328 to #if defined(__AVR_ATmega328__) || defined(__AVR_ATmega328P__) in config
  • replaced include paths for fonts to include bitmap in include path
  • run arduino-cli compile --verbose --fqbn arduino:avr:pro ComponentTester

Of course, nothing works after upload ;D

I've checked some obvious things.

First of all, compilation flags a little different,

Makefile:

Code: [Select]
avr-gcc -mmcu=atmega328 -Wall -I. -Ibitmaps -DF_CPU=16000000UL -DOSC_STARTUP=16384 -gdwarf-2 -std=gnu99 -Os -mcall-prologues -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -MD -MP -MT main.o -MF dep/main.o.d -c main.c
Arduino:

Code: [Select]
avr-gcc -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu11 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -flto -fno-fat-lto-objects -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10607 -DARDUINO_AVR_PRO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -I/Users/apla/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.8.3/cores/arduino -I/Users/apla/Library/Arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/avr/1.8.3/variants/eightanaloginputs main.c -o main.c.o
Makefile have -DOSC_STARTUP=16384 -gdwarf-2 -mcall-prologues -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -fpack-struct -fshort-enums and some -M flags for Makefile rules
Arduino have -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -MMD -flto -fno-fat-lto-objects and includes cores, which is not used anyway.

Some I don't understand, will they affect resulting code or no. If someone can tell me which flag to add, I would be very grateful. Or what I should inspect.

Maybe it's not working because Arduino and TransistorTester have different entry points in flash. I spend some time reading about it, but didn't find good clear explanation.

My next problem can be with the SH1106 screen I've used. With Arduino screen runs fine, but for TransistorTester I opted for hardware I2C and maybe I have working device, but screen not works.

Maybe someone willing to help?

Online madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6956 on: June 06, 2021, 01:09:19 pm »
Have you set the correct I2C address for the SH1106? Have you added pull-up resistors to SCL and SDA (3.3V)?

Offline apla

« Reply #6957 on: June 07, 2021, 09:26:22 am »
Yes, address is correct. It is default 0x78 (0x3c), have pullups. To ensure proper bus connections I'm running Arduino sketch with graphics on display before uploading TransistorTester.

Looks like I can have more answers myself. Yesterday I run out of ideas, but today I can connect LED to pin and send some message via serial port.

Will be back.

Online madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6958 on: June 07, 2021, 05:31:06 pm »
Karl-Heinz has reorganized the repo:
- current firmware: https://github.com/kubi48/TransistorTester-source
- current docs: https://github.com/kubi48/TransistorTester-documentation

The following users thanked this post: timelessbeing, edavid, eevbstedt, pepe10000, Obelix2007, Dumidan

Offline TheBay

• Supporter
« Reply #6959 on: June 10, 2021, 04:21:48 pm »
Just bought a Black BSIDE ESR02 Pro branded DTU-1701 to add to my collection of these devices.
Apart from the lack of protection I really like the form factor of these, especially as it has standard test lead 4mm jacks.
And the viewing angle of the LCD is perfect for bench use. I prefer using my MK-328 for testing transistors and components on PCB's as I made some nice thin silicone test clips.

I can confirm this one also has the 6 pin ICSP header (unpopulated) like my DTU-1701, I soldered a header in, swapped the crystal for a 16MHz version and flashed it with no issues on my TL866A through the ICSP header with the latest firmware.

You do not need to remove the PCB to fit the header, an easy way is to turn a 2.54mm pin header "upside down" and hold it with the pins just poking through the board and then solder from the top. It will solder fine as the header is through hole plated. Once this has been done just pull the black plastic spacer off the header turn it around the correct way and push it all the way back down on the pins.

Offline Andbro

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6960 on: June 18, 2021, 08:20:32 pm »
Hi,

Where i can download the latest firmware for the MK-328 ?

Thank

Offline TheBay

• Supporter
« Reply #6961 on: June 18, 2021, 10:57:49 pm »
There may be a link in this thread somewhere where someone has compiled a firmware for the MK-328 but it probably won't be up to date.

You would be better off compiling your own firmware so it has the options that are suitable for your use.
And you can pick what font/language you want to use.

Also there is a choice of 2 different Firmwares, K Firmware (Karl-Heinz Kübbeler) and M Firmware (Markus Reschke)
This is all explained in this thread :-+

Hi,

Thank
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 08:09:53 am by TheBay »

Online madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6962 on: June 19, 2021, 08:07:20 am »

k firmware: https://github.com/kubi48/TransistorTester-source/tree/master/trunk/mega328_MK-328
m firmware: https://github.com/kubi48/TransistorTester-source/tree/master/Markus (configure and compile)

Also there is a choice of 2 different Firmwares, K Firmware (Karl-Heinz Kübbeler) and M Firmware (Markus Frejek)

Markus Frejek originally started the project and the author of the m firmware is Markus Reschke. ;)

The following users thanked this post: TheBay

Offline TheBay

• Supporter
« Reply #6963 on: June 19, 2021, 08:10:31 am »
Oops, sorry about that. Just edited my post  :palm:

k firmware: https://github.com/kubi48/TransistorTester-source/tree/master/trunk/mega328_MK-328
m firmware: https://github.com/kubi48/TransistorTester-source/tree/master/Markus (configure and compile)

Also there is a choice of 2 different Firmwares, K Firmware (Karl-Heinz Kübbeler) and M Firmware (Markus Frejek)

Markus Frejek originally started the project and the author of the m firmware is Markus Reschke. ;)

Offline Yuriy_K

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6964 on: June 19, 2021, 08:20:15 am »

Check out these firmwares with photo examples of measurements. When replacing quartz at 16 MHz, the ability to measure quartz up to 14 MHz and ceramic resonators has been added.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 08:24:58 am by Yuriy_K »

Offline TheBay

• Supporter
« Reply #6965 on: June 21, 2021, 11:05:50 pm »
Just come across a clone of a clone, a clone LCR-TC1
Very small battery, different 2 piece case and overall poor quality/soldering (pictures are after cleaning the flux off)
This came from a seller on Amazon UK. Identifiable by "please discharge before testing" instead of "Please discharge before testing" And a Purple "K" near the ZIF socket rather than a White "K".
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 11:07:46 pm by TheBay »

Offline Algasman

• Contributor
« Reply #6966 on: June 23, 2021, 06:08:37 pm »
I just got a LCR-TC2 delivered  :bullshit:
Payed €17,49 including shipment.
Hardware looks slightly different, it is supposed to be faster but I have nothing to compare against.

The following users thanked this post: elecdonia, Markus2801A

Offline TheBay

• Supporter
« Reply #6967 on: June 23, 2021, 07:27:43 pm »
That looks the same design as the LCR-T7H and some LCR-TC1 also have this board.
The only change I can see on the Plus version is the DC-DC boost circuit for the Zener test.
It still has a Atmega 324P so performance is the same, unless they have tweaked some code.
After a calibration (Short pins 1, 2 and 3) it should display the software version at the end.

Also someone at the factory forgot to solder one lead on your "Start" switch :)

I just got a LCR-TC2 delivered  :bullshit:
Payed €17,49 including shipment.
Hardware looks slightly different, it is supposed to be faster but I have nothing to compare against.

The following users thanked this post: elecdonia

Offline Fuzzy Star

• Contributor
« Reply #6968 on: June 24, 2021, 09:29:52 pm »
...Also someone at the factory forgot to solder one lead on your "Start" switch :)
Two leads :)
Probably it's intentional.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 09:35:16 pm by Fuzzy Star »

Offline zeeloli6

« Reply #6969 on: June 24, 2021, 10:18:22 pm »
Interestingly the QR code on the board points to http://91make.taobao.com

Within that store this seems to be the product:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=534453342739

Google Translate has some "interesting" interpretations  ;)

"(Pirate my death family) High-speed transistor tester LCR-T7 full-color screen graphics display finished product"

"In order to fight against piracy, this version of the tester was specially made. The tester has upgraded the program. Don’t ask if I am genuine, I can take out the source code program. I have Taobao arbitration for complaints against piracy. The result of piracy is malicious competition. There is no development cost. Please support the genuine version. I will launch more upgraded versions in the future. From t1 to t8, I can come up with products. If it is not too annoying, you can continue to watch the piracy road introduced by the baby!

Welcome new and old friends to buy, overseas agents and wholesale friends want to contact us, there are surprises!

During the event, the debugging accessories and charging cable will be sent. Thank you new and old customers for your constant care."

Offline TheBay

• Supporter
« Reply #6970 on: June 24, 2021, 11:29:39 pm »
Keeping costs down by saving solder usage.

...Also someone at the factory forgot to solder one lead on your "Start" switch :)
Two leads :)
Probably it's intentional.

Online madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6971 on: June 25, 2021, 02:17:17 pm »
Interestingly the QR code on the board points to http://91make.taobao.com

Within that store this seems to be the product:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=534453342739

Google Translate has some "interesting" interpretations  ;)

"(Pirate my death family) High-speed transistor tester LCR-T7 full-color screen graphics display finished product"

"In order to fight against piracy, this version of the tester was specially made. The tester has upgraded the program. Don’t ask if I am genuine, I can take out the source code program. I have Taobao arbitration for complaints against piracy. The result of piracy is malicious competition. There is no development cost. Please support the genuine version. I will launch more upgraded versions in the future. From t1 to t8, I can come up with products. If it is not too annoying, you can continue to watch the piracy road introduced by the baby!

I think that guy is talking about other backyard manufacturers copying his clones. However, it's a modified version of the OSHW Transistortester which is changed intentionally to be incompatible with the standard design, i.e. for running the OSHW firmwares one has to reprogram U4 (additional management MCU) or replace U4 with a two-transistor circuit. And the firmware is a modified k-firmware. Karl-Heinz and I would prefer when tester clones are kept compatible to allow performing firmware updates easily. So much for "piracy".

The following users thanked this post: TheBay, elecdonia, horo

Offline mspec

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #6972 on: June 28, 2021, 06:29:16 am »
I have the T3/T4 variant and have compiled the ComponentTester-1.43m file just fine but how do I update the firmware on the actual tester.
Are there any instructions for that actual part and what to use ??

Offline Obelix2007

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6973 on: June 28, 2021, 09:12:10 am »
... you need a isp-progammer and build in a connector to your T4:

Best Regards
Horst

Offline mspec

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #6974 on: June 28, 2021, 09:25:50 am »
... you need a isp-progammer and build in a connector to your T4:

Best Regards
Horst

Lucky I have this gathering dust then.

Do I need all the other mods it looks like you have there ??.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf