Author Topic: $20 LCR ESR Transistor checker project  (Read 3439457 times)

jellytot, Feliciano, carrascoso and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline ricktendo

• Regular Contributor
Re: $20 LCR ESR Transistor checker project
« Reply #7300 on: November 28, 2021, 10:22:53 pm »
Any tutorial/instructions on how to compile the "m" firmware?

I already know how to do the "k" and would like to test both.

Edit:
Very silly question, is there any video of how to install this firmware?

Pregunta muy tonta, hay algun video de como instalan este firmware?
That depends on what transistor tester you have. But it will require either an AVR programmer board (Arduino, Teensy, UsbAsp, etc)

Depende de cual transistor tester tienes.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 10:33:22 pm by ricktendo »

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7301 on: November 29, 2021, 01:38:34 am »

Edit:

That depends on what transistor tester you have. But it will require either an AVR programmer board (Arduino, Teensy, UsbAsp, etc)

Depende de cual transistor tester tienes.

I own this GM328A, I also have arduino uno and mega boards

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #7302 on: November 29, 2021, 11:22:09 am »

Please see:
- README and Clones in the firmware archive
- https://github.com/madires/Transistortester-Warehouse/blob/master/Documentation/English/ctester-1.44m.pdf
- https://github.com/madires/Transistortester-Warehouse/blob/master/Documentation/English/FAQ.Feliciano.pdf
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:25:38 am by madires »

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #7303 on: November 29, 2021, 11:37:15 am »
I own this GM328A, I also have arduino uno and mega boards

k-firmware: see mega328_color_kit directory
m-firmware: see Clones files for settings for AY-AT/GM328A and compile firmware
Arduino: flash ArduinoISP from the example sketches and use the Arduino as ISP programmer

The following users thanked this post: Adrian_Arg.

Online Feliciano

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7304 on: November 29, 2021, 04:13:14 pm »
Basically, the steps are the following:
  • find a compatible programmer, with its driver and software
  • Identify your clone, and download a suitable firmware for it (k-firmware are ready to flash, m-firmware has to be customized and built)
  • [Optional] modify/build the k or m firmware about to flash
  • Identify the ISP port on your clone, and add the programmer connectivity
  • connect, flash the firmware, disconnect, test, redo what's neeeded (if something is not quite right)
Here a simplified Spanish video of the overall procedure:

(For those who don't speak Spanish, perhaps the images sequence can be somehow helpulf anyways).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 04:22:57 pm by Feliciano »

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7305 on: November 29, 2021, 05:29:01 pm »
Gracias felicano, despues me di cuenta que era igual que como le cargue el bootleader de arduino  a los atmega328P virgenes que traje de china. saludos cordiales hermano.

Online Feliciano

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7306 on: November 29, 2021, 07:35:40 pm »
Gracias felicano, despues me di cuenta que era igual que como le cargue el bootleader de arduino  a los atmega328P virgenes que traje de china. saludos cordiales hermano.
You're welcome (an please remember this is an English forum).

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7307 on: November 29, 2021, 10:46:42 pm »
I do the calibration, but it reads anything the capacitors, the rest of it well, what am I failing in?

In the video that Feliciano posted at minute 8.10, he puts a 100nF capacitor, I see all of what I have as 44 to 49 nf, and those with less than 4-30 nf also measure with error, the other components measure it well after calibrating

I use the same version as in the video, I downloaded it from there

realizo la calibracion, pero lee cualquier cosa los capacitores, lo demas bien, en que estoy fallando??

en el video que posteo Feliciano en el minuto 8,10 pone un capacitor de 100nF, a mi a todos lo que tengo me los ve como de 44 a 49 nf, y al de menos de 4-30 nf tambien mide con error, los demas componentes lo mide bien despues de calibrar

uso la misma version que en el video, la descargue desde ahi mismo
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 12:39:06 am by Adrian_Arg. »

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7308 on: November 30, 2021, 12:56:18 am »
Try firmware 1.41Mod from this archive https://disk.yandex.ru/d/yW8xa5NJgUo5z/M328Kit%2BTFT/Firmware/Markus%20Reschke/English/16MHz. Before you fill in the firmware do a complete cleaning of the whole chip and set fuses H-D9 L-F7 Ext-FD(05) correctly!

Hi indman
thanks this is very useful information, i have wiped clean all firmware then reset fuse, and now my clone is working with new firmware Yuriy_K

I understand the situation, I will try to recreate the old library and make you firmware, but this may take several days. Karl-Heinz made a lot of changes and I adjusted my sources to his changes without keeping my old sources. Wait.

Hi Yuriy_K
thanks, your firmware is working fine now. I don't understand if I have to delete everything and set the fuse for your new firmware.

To use this firmware 1.41 should I change the 8MHz crystal for a 16MHZ? and something else or just that?

Para usar este firmware 1.41 debo cambiar el cristal de 8MHz por una de 16MHZ?? y algo mas o solo eso?

Offline tsmith35

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7309 on: November 30, 2021, 02:36:21 am »
I am amazed at the amount of time, effort and money spent on these little transistor testers. If not for a handful of creative minds (thank you!) coming together to develop this amazingly popular device, very many people would have missed out on the unique opportunity to dive into electronics, programming and development. Many thanks to you guys.

Offline Yuriy_K

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7310 on: November 30, 2021, 04:35:48 am »
To use this firmware 1.41 should I change the 8MHz crystal for a 16MHZ? and something else or just that?
Frank19 installed a 16MHz crystal and new firmware was indicated or created for it.
Capacitors greater than 100 nF must be used to calibrate capacitors. A 5-30 nF capacitor is used to set up the resonant method for measuring small inductances, see my post 7115 on page 285.
For "k" firmware, a 16MHz crystal allows measuring inductances starting from 60 nH versus 200 nH for an 8 MHz crystal.

Offline pierreraymondrondelle

• Contributor
« Reply #7311 on: November 30, 2021, 10:55:55 am »

Hi, This may help you:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/usbasp-programming-atmel-328p/

Offline frank19

• Contributor
« Reply #7312 on: November 30, 2021, 11:13:12 am »
Ttesters with installed software Karl-Heinz Kübbeler 1.13k, after minor alterations, can test IGBT transistors. Everything in the picture ...

Checked out similar add-ons for ComponentTester-1.43m. With insufficient gate voltage, an additional battery allows you to get readings ...

Why IGBT 40N60 not support, only detect diode and capacitor.

Online Feliciano

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7313 on: November 30, 2021, 11:57:06 am »
Do you have several of those? According to the datasheets I've read, some can have Vge_threshold above 5V (and others below that, depending on the manufacturer and batch).

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7314 on: November 30, 2021, 01:04:45 pm »

Excuse me that the video is not well aligned, here I show after trying several times with different capacitors that do not calibrate, I have tried with different atmega328, with 9 v and 12v, the version with which I flash is the video that they published here [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sypoyHJck0&t=324s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sypoyHJck0&t=324s] [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sypoyHJck0&t=324s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sypoyHJck0&t=324s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sypoyHJck0&t=324s] [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sypoyHJck0&t=324s[/url]

Disculpen que el video no este bien alineado, aca muestro despues de probar varias veces con distintos capacitores que no calibra, he probado con distintos atmega328, con 9 v y 12v, la vesion con la que flasheo es la del video que publicaron aca

PD: Para usar este firmware 1.41 debo cambiar el cristal de 8MHz por una de 16MHZ ?? y algo mas o solo eso?
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/yW8xa5NJgUo5z/M328Kit%2BTFT/Firmware/Markus%20Reschke/English/16MHz
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 01:21:26 pm by Adrian_Arg. »

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7315 on: November 30, 2021, 02:18:53 pm »
PD: Para usar este firmware 1.41 debo cambiar el cristal de 8MHz por una de 16MHZ ?? y algo mas o solo eso?
This is an English forum, write in English so others can understand you!
Here is the m-firmware 1.41Mod for different quartz frequencies https://disk.yandex.ru/d/yW8xa5NJgUo5z/M328Kit%2BTFT/Firmware/Markus%20Reschke/English Do not use the calibration capacitors you showed in your video. They are of poor quality. Read in the manual for the k-firmware what type and quality of capacitors are needed for correct calibration.

PS Before you fill in the firmware do a complete cleaning of the whole chip and set fuses H-D9 L-F7 Ext-FD(05) correctly!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 02:26:19 pm by indman »

Online carrascoso

• Contributor
« Reply #7316 on: November 30, 2021, 02:44:19 pm »
I am the author of that video, and the firmware, both M and K, is prepared for 20Mhz crystal.
Check if that may be the problem.
In that video I update the firm K, but I also do it without the M without major problem.
The firmware that I posted is that I am using at the moment.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2021, 02:49:52 pm by carrascoso »

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7317 on: November 30, 2021, 02:53:05 pm »
I am the author of that video, and the firmware, both M and K, is prepared for 20Mhz crystal.
In that video I update the firm K, but I also do it without the M without major problem.

Friend, I do not mean that your firmware is wrong, I refer to your video so they know where you download it from. thanks for your contribution

Offline Yuriy_K

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7318 on: November 30, 2021, 04:56:42 pm »
Ttesters with installed software Karl-Heinz Kübbeler 1.13k, after minor alterations, can test IGBT transistors. Everything in the picture ...

Checked out similar add-ons for ComponentTester-1.43m. With insufficient gate voltage, an additional battery allows you to get readings ...

Why IGBT 40N60 not support, only detect diode and capacitor.
Here, on a larger scale, additional input terminals are used to measure those IGBTs that need more gate voltage. I cannot load my color "m" firmware into the ATmega328, there is not enough memory.

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7319 on: November 30, 2021, 05:26:44 pm »

si ese es el problema con el de 16mhz se acerca, por las dudas no tenes el que esta preparado para 16mhz??

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7320 on: December 01, 2021, 12:53:44 pm »
I was seeing that there is a GM328A, which has the option IR decoder-IRencoder and DTH11, someone has it firmware, see minute 11:04 onwards,

Estaba viendo que hay un GM328A, que tiene la opcion IR decoder-IRencoder y DTH11, alguien tiene es firmware, ver minuto 11:04 en adelante
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 12:58:38 pm by Adrian_Arg. »

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #7321 on: December 01, 2021, 06:56:54 pm »
I was seeing that there is a GM328A, which has the option IR decoder-IRencoder and DTH11, someone has it firmware, see minute 11:04 onwards,
This is probably the one that I got (and is still in transit to here).

Additional explanation is provided by madires in the previous post:

Great list of clones! I got the GM328A (will arrive in a few weeks) and the store says it supports IR encoder

Some remarks about clones and IR RC. The clones' modified firmware supports just one or two IR protocols (mostly NEC). This is the first time I've seen that they also added a sender. The IR receiver module is usually connected via the probes. Only TC-1 and family come with a fixed IR receiver. The m-firmware can do both, i.e. probes or dedicated pin. And it supports up to 20 IR protocols in Rx mode and up to 15 in Tx mode. For sending IR you can connect an IR LED directly (low range) or use a simple circuit with a transistor to drive the IR LED with more current.
madires, thank you for the clarification. I will put the encoder funcionality to run and report back my results when the unit arrives.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7322 on: December 01, 2021, 07:52:19 pm »
I was seeing that there is a GM328A, which has the option IR decoder-IRencoder and DTH11, someone has it firmware, see minute 11:04 onwards
Guys, this Chinese firmware for GM328A(AY-AT) tester has long been lying on my resource here https://disk.yandex.ru/d/yW8xa5NJgUo5z/GM328A/Firmware/OriginalEn(8MHz)
Only for 8Mhz crystal and based on k-firmware outdated version 1.12k

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza

Offline frank19

• Contributor
« Reply #7323 on: December 02, 2021, 02:39:14 am »

Here, on a larger scale, additional input terminals are used to measure those IGBTs that need more gate voltage. I cannot load my color "m" firmware into the ATmega328, there is not enough memory.

if using k firmware with add 3.1V battery like your picture is it possible?

Offline frank19

• Contributor
« Reply #7324 on: December 02, 2021, 02:47:25 am »
This is an English forum, write in English so others can understand you!
Here is the m-firmware 1.41Mod for different quartz frequencies https://disk.yandex.ru/d/yW8xa5NJgUo5z/M328Kit%2BTFT/Firmware/Markus%20Reschke/English Do not use the calibration capacitors you showed in your video. They are of poor quality. Read in the manual for the k-firmware what type and quality of capacitors are needed for correct calibration.

PS Before you fill in the firmware do a complete cleaning of the whole chip and set fuses H-D9 L-F7 Ext-FD(05) correctly!

what do you think about using WIMA Film Capacitor?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf