Author Topic: $20 LCR ESR Transistor checker project  (Read 3408393 times)

LateLesley, moimem and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Yuriy_K

• Regular Contributor
Re: $20 LCR ESR Transistor checker project
« Reply #7325 on: December 02, 2021, 05:00:10 am »
if using k firmware with add 3.1V battery like your picture is it possible?
The addition of the circuit shown in the previous message is suitable for "m" firmware and "k" firmware starting from 1.13k.

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7326 on: December 02, 2021, 07:18:49 am »
what do you think about using WIMA Film Capacitor?
This type of capacitor is good for calibration! Only it is desirable to choose a capacity rating greater than 100nF
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 07:20:53 am by indman »

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7327 on: December 02, 2021, 09:51:25 am »
the firmware in english for the 16MHz GM328A by Markus Reschke, did someone find it to download already compiled? because I only found it in Russian for 8MHz

in spanish
el firmware en ingles para el GM328A   de 16MHz de Markus Reschke alguien lo encontro para descargarlo ya compilado?? porque yo solo lo encontre en ruso para 8MHz

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7328 on: December 02, 2021, 10:00:54 am »
Adrian_Arg.,I don't understand why you are going through every possible firmware for the tester?
What do you want to get out of your tester? If your clone has a hardware defect, no firmware can fix it!
Above is the link https://disk.yandex.ru/d/yW8xa5NJgUo5z to my firmware archive with m-firmware in English for GM328A - there's also a folder is called M328Kit+TFT(AY-AT). Look carefully and you'll find everything.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 10:05:04 am by indman »

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza, Klockaren

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7329 on: December 02, 2021, 10:49:18 am »
Adrian_Arg.,I don't understand why you are going through every possible firmware for the tester?
What do you want to get out of your tester? If your clone has a hardware defect, no firmware can fix it!
Above is the link https://disk.yandex.ru/d/yW8xa5NJgUo5z to my firmware archive with m-firmware in English for GM328A - there's also a folder is called M328Kit+TFT(AY-AT). Look carefully and you'll find everything.

install version 1.41 for gm328A and the problem I have is that I have to press three times to turn it on and and when I go to calibrate it asks me to short the three tips, and there it stays it does not advance. for that reason ask for 1.44. the one from colleague feliciano is for a 20mhz gm328a and I didn't get a 20mhz crystal, only the 16mhz one. Cheers

in spanish
instale la version 1.41 para gm328A y el problema que tengo es que tengo que presionar tres veces para que encienda y y cuando voy a calibrar me pide que ponga en corto las tres puntas, y ahi se queda no avanza. por ese motivo pregunte por la 1.44. la del colega feliciano es para gm328a de 20mhz y no consegui cristal de 20mhz, solo el de 16mhz. saludos
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 11:58:51 am by Adrian_Arg. »

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7330 on: December 02, 2021, 11:24:43 am »
Once again -If your clone has a hardware defect, no firmware can fix it!

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7331 on: December 02, 2021, 12:01:06 pm »

No, the module has no problems, since I read on this site that the same thing happens to some, they have to press the ignition several times, and with other firmware it works well, what happens is that I am looking for the most polished, ok

in spanish

no el modulo no tiene problemas, ya que lei en este sitio que a algunos le pasa lo mismo deben presionar varias veces el encendido, y con otros firmware funciona bien, lo que pasa es que busco el mas pulido, ok

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7332 on: December 02, 2021, 12:24:51 pm »
No, the module has no problems, since I read on this site that the same thing happens to some, they have to press the ignition several times, and with other firmware it works well, what happens is that I am looking for the most polished, ok
Firmware, which are lying on my resource, checked a lot of people on a number of similar clones like yours and do not cause any such problems, as you think and write.
If the tester does not turn on after pressing the Test button on any firmware, it means that the device has problems. Which ones - this needs to be carefully analyzed and understood.

Offline Feliciano

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7333 on: December 02, 2021, 01:14:22 pm »
Have you read the 294 pages of this thread, and/or made a thourough search through it? Several users have reported failures of that kind with their clones. In most cases is due:
a)failure to flash the firmware (force erase the AVR and then flash the firmware AND correctly set the fuses)
b)failure with the power supplies/regulators of their clones, or failures of the layout (I recall somebody found a short on one of the PCB traces, and somebody else found a bad placed regultator, I had a shorted ceramic capacitor on one unit, and bad solder on other unit, etc.)
c)failure of the microcontroller
BTW: don't forget disconnect the programming cable and anything external attached to the unit before attempting to use it.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 01:23:48 pm by Feliciano »

The following users thanked this post: Adrian_Arg.

Offline Adrian_Arg.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7334 on: December 02, 2021, 02:17:17 pm »
If I'm going to test what you say, your firmware is fine but it is for 20MHz and I only got 16MHz in my city, so I had to remove it.

in spanish
Si voy a probar lo que tu dices, tu firmware esta bien pero es para 20MHz y solo consegui de 16MHz en mi ciudad, asi que lo tuve que sacar.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 02:57:03 pm by Adrian_Arg. »

Offline Dumidan

• Contributor
« Reply #7335 on: December 02, 2021, 02:45:47 pm »
@Adrian_Arg.

First of all a warning: THIS TOPIC IS IN ENGLISH !!!

I'm not a good English speaker either, but I use google translate to translate text from Romanian to English; you can do the same! Let's respect each other!

Secondly, if you want a certain firmware version, with certain options, why not make one yourself? It's not hard at all.

To compile which version you want, use the programs in indman's archive - many thanks! - from the "help" folder here: https://disk.yandex.ru/d/yW8xa5NJgUo5z/Help/Editing%20and%20compilation%20of%20a%20firmware

Good luck with that!!

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #7336 on: December 03, 2021, 05:00:11 am »
My GM328A arrived this morning and it seems to work okay but I was surprised at just how dusty it was.   :o

Another thing, the Ebay store that I purchased it from indicated that it would be a DIP package but it’s not. I would have preferred a DIP because I already have a couple of spares in case something silly happens or for any future enhancements.   :-/O

Edit: Improved Images.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2021, 03:41:28 am by Muttley Snickers »

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
  • A qualified hobbyist ;)
« Reply #7337 on: December 07, 2021, 04:20:17 pm »
Edit: I've added support for MAX6675 and MAX31855 to the firmware but can't test them as I don't have the modules yet. If you have a MAX6675 or MAX31855 module/PCB and like to beta-test please drop me an email. MAX31855 has a Vcc of 3.3V a needs level shifters.

Surprisingly the thermocouple converters I've ordered turned up early and both work fine. BTW, if you have a MAX31855 make sure it has a 10nF MLCC across the thermocouple input to reduce noise.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 05:54:42 pm by madires »

Offline Feliciano

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7338 on: December 07, 2021, 08:31:10 pm »
As promised a few pages back, here are some inverted_color_numbers [1,2,3] bitmaps to be integrated on next releases as an optional way for enhanced readability of the components_pins displayed (on ctesters with enough memory).

EDIT: Currently developed: 6x8, 8x8, 10x16, and 12x16 (all hf).

« Last Edit: December 08, 2021, 01:16:13 pm by Feliciano »

The following users thanked this post: madires, TheBay, Fuzzy Star

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7339 on: December 17, 2021, 12:17:12 pm »
I have an early Xmas gift for you:

v1.45m
- New hardware options: MAX6675 and MAX31855 thermocouple converters (HW_MAX6675, HW_MAX31855, suggested by ricktendo@EEVblog).
- Added option to have three profiles for adjustment values (UI_THREE_PROFILES, suggested by indman@EEVblog).
- Added continuity check (SW_CONTINUITY_CHECK, suggested by indman@EEVblog).
- New hardware option: audible indicator, i.e. active buzzer (HW_BUZZER, suggested by indman@EEVblog).
- New hardware option: logic probe (HW_LOGIC_PROBE, suggested by Dumidan@EEVblog).
- Fixed A-C diode symbol, A umlaut and U umlaut in font_12x16_hf.h and font_12x16_iso8859-2_hf.h (reported by Feliciano@EEVblog).
- New hardware option: ring tester (LOPT/FBT tester, HW_RING_TESTER).
- Added option to choose between staying in the main menu or automatically exiting (UI_MAINMENU_AUTOEXIT).
- Updated font_8x8_hf.h (thanks to Feliciano@EEVblog).

Please download at:
- https://github.com/madires/Transistortester-Warehouse/tree/master/Firmware/m-firmware
- https://github.com/kubi48/TransistorTester-source/tree/master/Markus (some time later)

For the ringtester frontend:
- https://github.com/madires/Transistortester-Warehouse/blob/master/Hardware/RingTester-Option.pdf
- other frontends should also work fine

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7340 on: December 17, 2021, 03:16:24 pm »
Thanks madires! :-+ This is a great another gift for the holidays!
Now all that's left is to teach this device how to make coffee in the morning. ;D
He can do everything else already.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #7341 on: December 17, 2021, 06:17:39 pm »
My GM328A arrived yesterday. It is quite different than the one shown in the listing, but I got more than I bargained for: it came with a nifty box and it seems reasonably well made. Feature-wise, it is the same as the GM328A shown in the listing.

Amazing piece of kit. Really versatile.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline Jacon

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7342 on: December 17, 2021, 09:51:57 pm »
Hi Marcus,

Enclosed pls find fixed polish_2 translation  :)

The following users thanked this post: madires

Offline Dumidan

• Contributor
« Reply #7343 on: December 18, 2021, 05:10:57 pm »
Hello Marcus,

Here is the updated file for the Romanian language.

Offline pepe10000

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7344 on: December 19, 2021, 07:04:13 am »
Hi Marcus.

Here is the updated file for the Spanish language.

A greeting.

The following users thanked this post: madires, carrascoso

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7345 on: December 19, 2021, 06:16:48 pm »
Madires I updated Russian translation of var_russian.h file and also pdf version of Russian manual for version 1.45m. In the pdf examples of connection of hardware options ring tester, buzzer, LC-meter are added  :)

The following users thanked this post: madires, Polf

Offline lotec25

« Reply #7346 on: December 20, 2021, 12:49:32 am »
Can someone point me to what post has the needed hardware that needs to be upgraded? Like the encoder, crystal etc? I have the "Multi-function Tester, Longruner 1.8 inch Colorful Display Pocketable Multifunctional TFT Backlight Transistor LCR-TC1 Tester"
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C5LC486/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Thanks
Rob

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7347 on: December 20, 2021, 11:28:23 am »
The first step is to make the TC1 compatible with the OSHW firmwares. You can update the firmware of the management MCU U4 (https://github.com/atar-axis/tc1-u4) or replace it with a simple circuit (https://github.com/madires/Transistortester-Warehouse/blob/master/Hardware/TC1-Mod.pdf).

Offline Feliciano

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7348 on: December 21, 2021, 01:30:17 pm »
Talking about TC-1 and clones, a new T7 arrived. A different 324PA layout/numbering and box (and the un_labeled timing microcontroller is not placed at U5, so I don't know whether it would be compatible with the official firmwares) and smaller battery. Picture attached for reference.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 03:24:30 pm by Feliciano »

Offline madires

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7349 on: December 21, 2021, 01:51:58 pm »
The new MCU above U5 seems be an alternative for U5 (STC15L104W, TC1: U4), possibly to deal with the chip shortage. So the hardware mod should still work.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 01:59:50 pm by madires »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf