Author Topic: USB SCPI Control with Keysight 3446x Multimeters  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Sparky49Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
USB SCPI Control with Keysight 3446x Multimeters
« on: April 27, 2021, 07:34:04 pm »
I'm trying to use my copy of Matlab (2019, 64 bit) to control a Keysight 34465A multimeter through USB SCPI. However, I am stuck as the only IVI driver for the 3446x which I've managed to find (from https://www.keysight.com/my/en/lib/software-detail/driver/3446x-digital-multimeters-ivi-and-matlab-instrument-drivers-2352538.html) say they only support the 32-bit version of Matlab.

I've tried looking for alternate means of connecting, such as 64 bit drivers, but have had no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I might accomplish this? My programming ability is fairly low, so rolling my own driver is above my level.  :-[

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
Re: USB SCPI Control with Keysight 3446x Multimeters
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2021, 09:26:05 pm »
Does the VISA integration through the instrument control toolbox work with your version of Matlab? I haven't done instrument control with Matlab, but I think it should allow you to send SCPI commands similar to this example. Information on the SCPI commands should be in the 34465A documentation.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf