Author Topic: 121GW Calibration table in current manual, excess text in certain fields inacces  (Read 1021 times)

Offline n3mmrTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
The calibration able on p 73 in the latest manual has fields where some of the text is invisible.

Does anyone here know what it is supposed contain?

Offline Dr. Frank

• Super Contributor
The latest revision on eevblog is March-2020, and there is (and always was) a calibration table on p. 71 only.
This always had been scrambled, but as far as I remember, we were able to reconstruct the necessary parameters.

Therefore, please identify correctly the revision you are referring to (is there a newer one?), and the lines / parameters you are missing.
I could then search in my repository about this issue.

Frank   
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 02:09:35 pm by Dr. Frank »

• Regular Contributor
You're right, it's on p71 and it's the March 2020 revision.

• Regular Contributor
The following fields are possibly (or certainly) truncated
IAP Start mode:
Cal Mode Start:
Cal Mode Key:
LowZ/R1
DCV and ACV/R2,R3
PeakHold/R0
Capacitor/OFFSET

Offline Dr. Frank

• Super Contributor
The following fields are possibly (or certainly) truncated
IAP Start mode:
Cal Mode Start:
Cal Mode Key:
Please follow the detailed descriptions for these three items in the chapters: Calibration Mode, Zero Offset Calibration, Full Scale Gain Calibration and Firmware Update.

LowZ/R1
".. are not available"

DCV and ACV/R2,R3
That's 500.00V and 600.0V in both cases. These are the necessary test signals for full scale calibration only.

PeakHold/R0

".. at AC5V Range". Sorry, I can't describe, what's exactly necessary here, as I did never calibrate this mode. Maybe it's not necessary, as zero offset does not show up in the according chapter for this mode.

Capacitor/OFFSET

Here again, I can't tell, what's to be done here, as I never tried that calibration. This mode also does not show up in the zero offset chapter.
I speculate, that you need to calibrate zero only in R1 = 100nF range, with open jacks, or if you want to include your standard test cables, with latter left open.

The 50MOhm range is also calibrated at 50000 counts, i.e. 50MOhm, not @ 40MOhm.

Just another general remark. The calibration of this DMM (as well as other 5000 / 6000 count DMMs) require special calibrators which provides these specific F.S. signals for resistance and capacitance, instead of the usual fixed values like 10000 / 19000 Ohm.
That is done by a method called synthesized impedance, i.e. which outputs fully variable calibration stimuli, as in the FLUKE calibrator 5500A.

Frank

• Regular Contributor
Ok, thank you Frank, I found your advice useful, and I got a bit further with my "pseudocalibration" effort.
However, what I really want to know is what text those fields actually contained!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf