Author Topic: Siglent SDG1025 weird behaviour  (Read 1097 times)

Offline VanitarNordic

• Frequent Contributor
Siglent SDG1025 weird behaviour
« on: May 09, 2018, 11:22:00 am »
Hi,

I have a brand new Siglent SDG1025 function generator. I put both channels on the pulse section and tried to generate pulses. Then I modified the Delay for the second channel to make some shifts in the second channel signal. I did not work at all. I changed to a different waveform such as the square and I modified the phase section. it did not shift again!

Then I thought that might be because of the calibration or something because I had not performed that. Then I went to Utility menu and did the self-calibration. But now the situation got worse. Now the output voltages are not normal and all are wrong. it gives wrong outputs.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 03:10:55 am by VanitarNordic »

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. NZ Siglent Distributor
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Siglent SDG1025 weird behaviour
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 09:06:26 pm »
Hi,

I have a brand new Siglent SDG1025 function generator. I put both channels on the pulse section and tried to generate pulses. Then I modified the Delay for the second channel to make some shifts in the second channel signal. I did not work at all. I changed to a different waveform such as the square and I modified the phase section. it did not shift again!

Then I thought that might be because of the calibration or something because I had not performed that. Then I went to Utility menu and did the self-calibration. But now the situation got worse. Now the output voltages are not normal and all are wrong. it gives wrong outputs.

I don't know what should I do with the damn thing  >:(
Sorry I haven't got one anymore to help work through all your issues but I doubt there's anything wrong except user error.

WRT the output voltages.
If the output is set for fifty ohms and not loaded by that impedance the p-p will read high.
Set the output for HiZ.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

The following users thanked this post: VanitarNordic

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 09:39:38 pm »
Phase shifting should work even without coupling the channels together but the frequencies will have to be exactly the same. Any screendump from an oscilloscope showing the signals?
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 09:44:11 pm »
I have an SDG1025 and a scope I have just been using today, but OP's post is extremely vague and so I have no interest in helping them.

Offline VanitarNordic

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 03:16:23 am »
Hi,

Sorry I haven't got one anymore to help work through all your issues but I doubt there's anything wrong except user error.

WRT the output voltages.
If the output is set for fifty ohms and not loaded by that impedance the p-p will read high.
Set the output for HiZ.

It is already on HiZ. Your doubt is wrong that just happened after calibration

Offline VanitarNordic

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 03:21:17 am »
I have an SDG1025 and a scope I have just been using today, but OP's post is extremely vague and so I have no interest in helping them.

I will appreciate if you leave us alone then and dont write a post

Offline VanitarNordic

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 03:24:03 am »
Please dont reply to this post. I will contact the manufacturer for help

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 03:43:26 am »
Hi,

WRT the output voltages.
Set the output for HiZ.

Can I ask what firmware version is installed ?
The latest is 39R5 and available here:
https://www.siglenteu.com/service-and-support/firmware-software/waveform-generators/#sdg1000-series
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline VanitarNordic

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 03:45:50 am »
Hi,

WRT the output voltages.
Set the output for HiZ.

Can I ask what firmware version is installed ?
The latest is 39R5 and available here:
https://www.siglenteu.com/service-and-support/firmware-software/waveform-generators/#sdg1000-series

Yes thank you, but I have done that already and calibrated with the latest firmware. I forgot to mention in the first topic

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 09:57:55 am »
Have you checked out the operating tips on the Siglent websites ?
https://www.siglenteu.com/operating-tip/generating-multi-phase-waveforms/
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline VanitarNordic

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 10:14:53 am »
Have you checked out the operating tips on the Siglent websites ?
https://www.siglenteu.com/operating-tip/generating-multi-phase-waveforms/

That's for when we want to generate 4 signals using two generator devices. I am just using two channels or even one. The device usage is quite straighforward. I contacted the manufacturer and the seller. Waiting for a response

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf