Author Topic: Aktakom ADS-2061M oscilloscope  (Read 19321 times)

Offline SlobodanTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • !
Aktakom ADS-2061M oscilloscope
« on: June 26, 2011, 07:36:23 pm »
Just interested, what do you think of this oscilloscope? Could this be a good competitor for a Rigol? It is a hybrid between a benchtop and handheld oscilloscope.

http://www.tmatlantic.com/e-store/index.php?ELEMENT_ID=6671&sphrase_id=3370

Maybe Dave could do a review of it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 07:40:25 pm by Slobodan »

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
Re: Aktakom ADS-2061M oscilloscope
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 09:09:56 pm »
A rebranded Owon, unless they just stole the Owon image.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 09:57:54 pm »
Here's an old thread with photo of the 'then' soon to be released Owon 6062 which looks just like the now released Aktakom 2061.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=2602.msg35694#msg35694

« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 10:01:24 pm by saturation »
Best Wishes,

Saturation

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 08:13:28 am »
Ah, i forgot about that one. So it is a same garbage then? Not better than a Rigol?

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 10:37:19 am »
rebranded didn't means garbage, and btw. who in the hell said that Rigol is a reference model for all chinese brands?

Anyway, Aktakom seems to be a business idea ... just compare price:
- Atten ADS-1102CML costs 629$ (e..g Mortoncontrols.com)
- Aktakom ADS-2102M which is actually Atten ADS-1102CML with new sticker costs 989$

so whatever you buy, don't spend ~300$ for a sticker.
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 12:04:53 pm »
rebranded didn't means garbage, and btw. who in the hell said that Rigol is a reference model for all chinese brands?

I said it because of the price, it costs the same as 50Mhz Rigol. I just wanted to know which one is better.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:54:00 pm by Slobodan »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 12:15:57 pm »

Agilent did, when they decided to rebadge Rigol and hence give them credibility in the industry.

Dave.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 12:18:40 pm »
I actually had TMAtlantic ask me how much I wanted to review the scope.
Guess my response.
But if they (or someone) sends me one then I might get around to reviewing it. But really it doesn't excite me much.

Dave.

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 12:22:44 pm »

Agilent did, when they decided to rebadge Rigol and hence give them credibility in the industry.

Dave.

and LeCroy chose ATTEN. These decisions have more to do with production (availibility) and contractual  situation as with
the product quality itself. Instek is having better DSOs, but they definitely not interessted in co-operation with
others, HanTekway would probably be better rebranding choice, but they definitely can't produce (yet) the reqiered amount.

I said it because of the price, it costs the same as 50Mhz Rigol. I just wanted to know which one is better.

then the answer is easy - take Rigol just because of higher sampling rate

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:36:36 pm by tinhead »
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 12:26:29 pm »
I actually had TMAtlantic ask me how much I wanted to review the scope.
Guess my response.

yeah, good joke (I personaly don't like re-branded things where the sticker costs more than the device itself)

But if they (or someone) sends me one then I might get around to reviewing it. But really it doesn't excite me much.

Dave.

maybe i should ask Hantek/Tekway to send you an unit ... however they already known due the hack thread.
I think the Owon SDS 8xx/9xx or Instek GDS-3000 series are very interessting.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:31:39 pm by tinhead »

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 12:27:29 pm »
This need read very carefully.

http://www.tmatlantic.com/e-store/compare/compare_aktakom_dso.php

2061M is 500Ms/s

And some details very limited.
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 12:51:34 pm »

I think the Owon SDS 8xx/9xx or Instek GDS-3000 series are very interessting.

I've been offered a GDS-3000 for review from the local rep, but I just don't have the time to do it at the moment I'm afraid.

Dave.

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 01:48:15 pm »
Quote from: tinhead
then the answer is easy - take Rigol just because of higher sampling rate

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 01:51:39 pm by Slobodan »

Offline Derek R

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 01:42:31 pm »
Just received an Aktakom 2061-MV  (with VGA output) yesterday.    So far I'm luvvin' it.

I wanted a portable scope with VGA for classroom demos.   I was looking at Agilent, but the VGA option alone cost as much as this scope!

The screen is large and bright, the triggering seems stable - even at 2ns/sample, and the menus are easy to use.    I'm going to buy the battery pack so it will be really portable.

No complaints so far, except that the manual is one of the worst cases of Chinese-English I've seen for years!

Hope it holds up - only time will tell.   In the meantime I am thinking about their 5 MHz function generator AWG-4105...  Any comments?

Derek

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2011, 02:27:11 pm »
Don't know their gear at all, so can't comment.  As this brand has never been reviewed before, IIRC, can you give as a technical review of its capabilities?

Just received an Aktakom 2061-MV  (with VGA output) yesterday.    So far I'm luvvin' it.

Hope it holds up - only time will tell.   In the meantime I am thinking about their 5 MHz function generator AWG-4105...  Any comments?

Derek
Best Wishes,

Saturation

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2011, 03:10:10 pm »

I wanted a portable scope with VGA for classroom demos.   I was looking at Agilent, but the VGA option alone cost as much as this scope!

The screen is large and bright, the triggering seems stable - even at 2ns/sample, and the menus are easy to use.    I'm going to buy the battery pack so it will be really portable.

No complaints so far, except that the manual is one of the worst cases of Chinese-English I've seen for years!

Derek

Is it Owon SDS6062 or not?

In this manual is not any extremely bad chinglish.
http://www.box.net/shared/x55beb45fn53sbuk049n
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2011, 04:41:51 pm »
of course it is Owon, you can even see on the serial number sticker Owon model number.

For rebranded device price not that bad, even 24$ cheaper than Emtesco. - no same price when VGA option inside.

The price for these rebranded Owons seems to be an exception, when you look on other Aktakom DSO
you might think the firmware was hand made by 20 virgins and sticker is pure gold :P
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 04:47:39 pm by tinhead »

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2011, 06:16:31 pm »
"No complaints so far, except that the manual is one of the worst cases of Chinese-English I've seen for years!"

My comment was purely for this. ;)

Maybe they do own Aktakom manual?
Becouse Owon manual... overall look is "not so bad"

Offline Lawsen

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 10:11:49 pm »
Any instrument or tool that you can use is not garbage.  We would like to own prestigious brands like Agilent and Tektronix.  The only benefit of a Tektronix is its life time warranty.  Tektronix will replace your Tek brand digital oscilloscope at no costs to you, when it breaks from old age.  I like the Rigol 1052E very much.  I have tried the really nice wide 7 inches (77.8 cm) diagonal screen Atten ADS 1102 CAL, 100 MHz with 500 MSamples/s real time very much for $399.00 from a Hong Kong vendor on E Bay.  The wide screen reminds me like Dave Jone's Agilent wide screen, but without the nicely written manuals and high prices.  I am not working much for the duration of the great recession.  American recovery collapsed this month and we are at second episode of the great recession, very hardships here.  I already went through electronics school and geology earth science school, so a detailed Agilent manual is not necessary.  That is why an open mind and lots of schooling are always encouraged.  Your Atten ADS is good.  I have not tried the Hantek portable DSO 1200, like a Fluke Scopemeter form factor.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf