Author Topic: 4 Quadrant 3/1 Phase AC+DC Power Supply Recommendations  (Read 1561 times)

Offline magicsmokeTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
4 Quadrant 3/1 Phase AC+DC Power Supply Recommendations
« on: August 05, 2015, 03:00:53 am »
Does anyone have any recommendations for manufacturers or models of 4 quadrant 3/1 phase AC+DC power supplies?  I am interested primarily in models of 10 kVA and below (probably 5 kVA or lower) with +/-300V or higher output voltage.  This will primarily be used for testing power electronics, both DC/DC converter and inverters/active rectifiers.

What I have run across so far are Kepco (linear and switch mode) and Chroma Regenerative Grid Simulator Model 61800 (The smallest is 30 kVA so larger than I need).
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 04:22:58 am by magicsmoke »

Offline Stray Electron

• Super Contributor
Re: 4 Quadrant 3/1 Phase AC+DC Power Supply Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 07:16:04 pm »
  I'm not sure what you mean by "4 quadrant 3/1 phase AC+DC" but I've used both CI and Elgar brands of variable voltage/variable frequency AC power supplies and they both work fine.  Elgar is by far the one that I most commonly see.

http://www.programmablepower.com/brands/elgar.htm

Where are you located?  I just picked up a three phase Elgar that I'm going to get rid of as soon as I do a couple of tests with it. I don't recall the ratings on it but it weights about 135 pounds! Oh here it is: Model 503A; output is 0 to 130 VAC and 45 to 5k Hz. Output power per phase 167 (probably VA).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf