Author Topic: about UNI-T UTD2025CL scope.  (Read 4243 times)

Offline CHexclaim

• Regular Contributor
about UNI-T UTD2025CL scope.
« on: June 12, 2013, 02:12:02 am »
Hello everyone.

I have the chance to buy a brand new UNI-T UTD2025CL scope at a really attractive price. Does anyone have any opinion, bad or good, that can help me decide if I buy it?

Thank you very much, Charlie.

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
Re: about UNI-T UTD2025CL scope.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 02:43:25 am »
Really a low end scope.
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Offline CHexclaim

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 03:02:04 am »
Thank you Hydrawerk for your comment. Yes, I know about the category of this scope, but I do not have many options around. Do you know if it is a fairly new design or is it based in an old architecture?

On the other hand I have a good price in the TBS 1000 series Tektronik scopes. I know that for the same price in the US there are many other options, but do you believe if one of these Tek scopes is a bad option?

Offline valentinc

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 02:59:33 pm »
     In my opinion, the TBS1000 series from Tektronix (because they are expensive and offer only 2.5Kpts of sample memory...) don't worth... There are a lot of situations (including bursts of digital data, complex analog signals (like video), modulated signals) where 2.5 Kpoints are not enough to reproduce the waveform...

The UNI-T is probably the same as the Rigol DS1052, Siglent and ohter brands that share the same hardware... A good scope for the money... anyway...
Valentin

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 03:13:46 pm »
TBS1000 is suitable only for school use, or for someone who is used to TDS1000 or TDS2000. Definitely not a bang per buck, the scope is apparently obsolete.  :--
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf