Author Topic: ACDC Electronics EL-300 Electronic Load  (Read 4006 times)

Offline Stray Electron

• Frequent Contributor
ACDC Electronics EL-300 Electronic Load
« on: August 30, 2015, 04:51:13 pm »
Picture:

Does anyone know where I can get a manual for one of these?   I can't get mine (4 of them) to do anything other than just power on (the fan runs and Power light comes on). They don't pull any load or show any voltage on the meter.  I'm not sure but they may require that they be used with the EL-301 which I don't have. .

Does anyone know for certain if they do or if they don't?

Offline korlatos

• Contributor
Re: ACDC Electronics EL-300 Electronic Load
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 03:50:06 pm »
EL-300 can work stand-alone, but only in constant resistance mode. In this mode, it will draw about 35 mA from the DUT. You need to place jumpers on pins 2-3, 7-8 and 5-10.

Pin-out of the connector:

6    1
7    2
8    3
9    4
10  5

Offline Stray Electron

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 12:36:03 am »
  Korlatos,

Thank You!  I was hoping to hear something like that!

I found the sales brochure for the EL-300 and EL-301 and it showed that the EL-300 only did CR mode and that the EL-300 and EL-301 pair would do both CR and CC (Constant Current) modes.

The brochure also said that the 300 would output -2.5Mv per Amp.  Do you know which pins the output is on?  I think it probably outputs some kind of Voltage signal also since Voltage and Current can both be displayed on the EL-301. 

I'm surprised that the -300 draws power from the DUT since it uses AC line power.

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 12:53:31 am »
I'm surprised that the -300 draws power from the DUT since it uses AC line power.
Wait, isn't that the normal operation of an eload?

Offline korlatos

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 02:29:26 am »
The load current monitor output is on pins 9 and 4 (pin 9 is -2.5 mV/A with respect to pin 4).

EL-300 uses AC power only for the fan; in stand-alone mode the electronics is powered entirely from the DUT.

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 12:11:34 pm »
Took me ages to find these manuals originally. Probably wasted my time, as I've since been informed paper manuals are an archaic relic, we should all be using digital copies now, and getting bitter over 25000 old manuals being mostly destroyed and ALL of them becoming unavailable for sale, is foolish and curmudgeonly.

Anyway... these are thin, but I'll have to clear off a space for the scanner. Post them by tomorrow, hopefully.

Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 05:00:23 pm »
Here's the EL300 manual done.   http://everist.org/archives/scans/acdc_electronics/EL300.jpg  5.6MB.
Includes hi-res schematics.
As usual I make manuals as RAR-books not PDF. You can open with WinRAR or 7-Zip.

I'll probably do the EL301 manual on Thursday night.

Edit: EL301 manual is here: http://everist.org/archives/scans/acdc_electronics/EL301.jpg  3.6MB RAR-book.
The EL750B manual is also scanned, but still to be tidied up and bundled.
Oh, and I changed the compression for the EL300 manual. It's now smaller, at 4.8MB.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:32:32 pm by TerraHertz »
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline Stray Electron

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 11:51:58 pm »
  Terrahertz,   Thank you very much!

I got the files and extracted them with no trouble.  As I suspected the EL-300 originally came with a "Programming Plug" that allowed it to be used by itself.  The manual shows that internal connections in the plug are the same as those posted earlier.  Tomorrow I'll get to work on making some plugs and testing the loads.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf