Author Topic: AD584LH Laser etched or silk-screened can?  (Read 1840 times)

Offline voltlogTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • VoltLog
AD584LH Laser etched or silk-screened can?
« on: June 19, 2018, 01:47:16 pm »
I am looking to buy the cheap AD584LH (LH version is higher stability, inside metal can) voltage reference to be used for checking multimeters in my lab. I plan to build an enclosure and have it calibrated at a cal lab so that I could base future measurements on that. I know the AD584LH is not being manufactured anymore so what they are selling must be new old stock or even salvaged components which doesn't bother me at all considering the increased stability of an aged voltage reference.

However I am noticing two different style of marking in seller pictures, one style has laser etched part number while the other appears to have the part number silk-screened with black ink.

In your experience what should the original one look like? Or did they make them both style originally?

Offline GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
  • !
Re: AD584LH Laser etched or silk-screened can?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 02:51:44 pm »
The older one (0732) has serigraphy the newest (1015) is laser etched, makes sense.
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

Offline WhichEnt2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 03:17:21 pm »
Both.
And some sellers can't have control over such nuances. It can be possible to receive laser etched device from lot with a paint marked on a lot pic.
Short pieces, high value, small period, huge amount, long delay.

Offline voltlogTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • VoltLog
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 04:27:45 pm »
The older one (0732) has serigraphy the newest (1015) is laser etched, makes sense.
makes sense in engineer logic but who knows what that means in gray market sense  :-\
Both.
And some sellers can't have control over such nuances. It can be possible to receive laser etched device from lot with a paint marked on a lot pic.
True, but I can at least ask before purchase and if they send me something else I can ask for a refund.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf