Author Topic: ADCMT DMM via USB help  (Read 552 times)

Offline n_hakuTopic starter

• Contributor
ADCMT DMM via USB help
« on: June 09, 2022, 03:06:44 pm »
Finally got my AD7461A and already imagine to write sofware layer to usbtmc to sync measurement with my tec oven, but got this after installing driver: (pic 1)
Hey, one of the driver manual (pic 2) says I can switch between ADCMT DMM driver and USBTMC, but in my case there just no option for USBTMC, only DMM. NI VISA also see no instrument available...
Maybe, by chance, anyone encountered problem like this? How I supposed to obtain data from dmm?
Also, I tried to access with libusb, but got error_not_supported already at device init! Seriously, what's wrong with this driver?
My lord! We need more precision!

Offline n_hakuTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: ADCMT DMM via USB help
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 02:56:21 pm »
Well, this issue solved inexpectedly: actually, with installed usb driver there are comes a dll, using which one can access adcmt equipment. But there are no almost any function documentation, except C header and simple C program. I also tried to write my own to test this dll, and it seems that using it easier than I expected. To user, dll provide a simple text in - text out interface, carring out a lot of usb api related things, one do not need even to know vid/pid, only ID, that can be set in dmm menu. Also, it seems, dll (and driver) is common to a set of ADCMT instruments.
So, now one already in great anticipation to use all of those SCPI program to setup and read data?
Hahahaha, no.
Yes, it's no.
Here was the trap: when configured as usb interface, dmm will use ADC programming language, not SCPI. Only with GPIB one can select between SCPI and ADC.
Seriously, ADCMT, why spend a lot of effort to another laguage? Even in ADC mode, there some SCPI commands, like *idn?
Anyway, somewhere in the internet I found quote from manual with all commands, so if one interested in automated measurements, its not that hard.
Also, in attachment, a reply to *idn? and unit for lazarus gui program. If anyone interest, I'll beautify and trow entire project to some github.
My lord! We need more precision!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf