Author Topic: Add serial port to Fluke 741B  (Read 1496 times)

Offline GrubiTopic starter

• Contributor
Add serial port to Fluke 741B
« on: February 24, 2017, 09:34:50 pm »
Hi, here is my first post on eevblog  :D

Fluke 741B is the little brother of Fluke 743B.
http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/fluke/calibrators/744.htm

Main difference (what I know for now)
is that 743B support some advanced data logging and has RS232 (Canon9) port to download logged data (or transmit this directly) - I guess they have quite a difference on firmware side, but not much on hardware one. Recently I got my hands on used Fluke741B, and was curious to see what is behind cover of what it shoud be a serial port. And - Voila! - there is place for soldering RS232 connector, labeled Fluke 744-3034?

Naturally, I can just solder cables to RS232 connector and use RS232 to USB adapter - but I doubt if I really get some data out of it.
Anyone test similar thing before me? Good or bad results?

I tried to open 741B today, but after easy removing first 6 bolts, it is quite a work to disassemble it further,
and today is too late already. On the other side I don't want to damage a working calibrator,
which I just start palying with.

Offline sprit

• Contributor
Re: Add serial port to Fluke 741B
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 06:39:47 pm »
Hi Grubi,

Do you have any update?  Yesterday im soldered the DB9 to the pcb but it not working. I think its causes by the missing "T1 transformer".This device has the same design as the Fluke 744, but the Ram part has been reduced by 2 (4 Sram on the 744) and T1 (small transformer located on the RS232 board :palm . My 741 is having booting  problems, I  I guess it's a software bug,  I don't know what to do now, do you have any ideas?

Sincerely
Feng~   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf