Author Topic: Owon VDS-1022I review  (Read 3862 times)

Online VEGETATopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • I am the cult of personality
    • Thundertronics
Owon VDS-1022I review
« on: November 24, 2021, 12:19:14 am »
Here is my review.

Hope it benefits you.

Offline indman

• Super Contributor
Re: Owon VDS-1022I review
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 05:29:59 am »
There is already a main topic on the forum for OWON VDS1022(I) https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/owon-vds1022i-quick-teardown-(versus-the-hantek-6022be)/
Why create a new on?  :(

Online VEGETATopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • I am the cult of personality
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 07:04:25 am »
There is already a main topic on the forum for OWON VDS1022(I) https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/owon-vds1022i-quick-teardown-(versus-the-hantek-6022be)/
Why create a new on?  :(

I didn't really know, I will post the link there. Thanks

Offline yoga

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 09:59:08 am »
Well said,
except how usefull can it be to add an important message or video especially for beginners in the pile or mess of a 27 pages long tear down ?

The video is not about a tear down, but how to use a scope in general from the first steps shown on a good USB oscilloscope which is  also a lot safer than the usual ones in the 100€ price range where you can get cheap ones from 60€ upwards like Hantek 6022 BE.

Remember: 27 pages each 25 comments long would mean that his video is among the first 700 comments
Yes, for the next few weeks his comment would be recogniced, but then it would get lost in the noise of 700 or later 1000 comments.

But for those searching about the Owon entry model and its better brother VDS1022i a dedicated topic like this one about a REVIEW (not another tear down))of the most current version of the VDS1022i is a different story and will be recogniced by the searching users far better than the 122nd hit in the search result of the same topic.

Therefore I had found this Topic and the video when I had been searching for an entry scope after I had purchased the Hantek 6022BL not knowing, that the 6022 is the only one that has no ac coupling.

I am thankfull to have found a dedicated topic for such review video cause as a beginner you want to start in the beginning how to use and benefit instead of tearing a piece down to understand its lines and components working together.

AND: this one gets more important since anyone has already an old tablet laying around without much use anymore or can get a used 8 inch one for cheap like I have a android 8 from 2018, full metal build with hires and pure android 6 called ifive mini which I use for DJI Mavic 2 flying and oscilloscope beyond some yt watching. Adding the free android hscope software you have a good value 2 channel oscilloscope usefull for all those who appreciate or need a bigger screen than those cheap, crappy 3,5 inch integrated ones.

Finally this video is not touching the tear down, but using the device itself from the very beginning after arrival from the beginner level.

I found it really helpfull , especially his own path that lead to his purchase decision cause in another topic he had asked for someone who could offer him a device due to import hurdles and shipping fees to Jordania if I remember it right.

And I write the comment for all those beginners like me who want to make the right choice in the first time which I did not cause I got the hantek 6022 with a 100x probe and tried to check the sine wave of a solar power generator  from china. Did not work out due to the fact that no one had emphasized that the Hantek 6022 might be a great choice for a beginner, but not for mains or 230V regardless which probe you have. Or to be honest: I did not read all the hundreds of comments about the hantek 6022 and I might have overread the tiny line when someone has mentioned that the hantek 6022 has been stripped down so far that even AC got lost.

After I had recogniced my fault and searched for hantek AC coupling missing I found those comments about cost cutting and compromises but the usual review did not mention "be aware: no AC possible without further investment and downsides and risks, better get a Owon vds1022 and if you can afford a vds1022i to protect your laptop or tablet".

And that being said I am - as a very beginner - very happy  :clap:to see him opening a dedicated topic for a review video that is honest, helpfull and no sales commercial like the usual affiliate sales ad video which otherwise would get lost among the 675 other comments for sure.

Right now his video has gotten about 1000 views and it deserves more due to the exceptional quality for beginners, I mean the quality of his video and the good product regarding its measurement capabilities and safety. 

The following users thanked this post: hijoton

Offline hijoton

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2024, 02:25:45 pm »
THANK YOU!

I was jusssssssssst confirming my order and for a few cents I decanted for a Hantek when I went to the bathroom and continued googling info about it. Then I saw your clarification that the Hantek is limited to only 5v.

THANK YOU!!

I created my account explicitly to thank you :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf