Products > Test Equipment

Advance OS250 10Mhz oscilloscope suitable for beginner?

<< < (2/2)

Sam__:
So now I'm looking forward to receiving my scope sometime soon I should get some probes. Only problem is I don't know too much about them. I've researched a little about the capacitance and x1 and x10 modes. Only problem is I have no idea how to tell if a certain type of probe is suitable to my needs.

The input capacitance of the scope is 25pF, does this effect my choice of probe or can I just adjust it?

I found some on ebay which are fairly cheap - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-PCS-40MHZ-x10-x1-Oscilloscope-Clip-Probes-Scope-Kit-/250880988259?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item3a69ac1463

would they work or do I need a certain spec?

Icarus:

--- Quote from: Sam__ on February 15, 2013, 08:25:26 pm ---I'm planning on building some of my own power supplies and it would be great if I could use the scope to analyse the noise on the output.
--- End quote ---
I see your dilemma but I want to be %100 honest with you.
I don't think that it's possible to use this scope for power electronic circuits. Switching power supplies may seems to working at low frequency but in fact they are not. You need at least 100MHz scope to debug 100kHz ZVC circuit. (Preferably 200MHz)

Sam__:

--- Quote from: Icarus on February 17, 2013, 09:09:00 am ---
--- Quote from: Sam__ on February 15, 2013, 08:25:26 pm ---I'm planning on building some of my own power supplies and it would be great if I could use the scope to analyse the noise on the output.
--- End quote ---
I see your dilemma but I want to be %100 honest with you.
I don't think that it's possible to use this scope for power electronic circuits. Switching power supplies may seems to working at low frequency but in fact they are not. You need at least 100MHz scope to debug 100kHz ZVC circuit. (Preferably 200MHz)

--- End quote ---

Ah okay, thanks for the information. I'm not too bothered about that but it's good to know.

Anyone have any advice on probes?

Salas:

--- Quote from: Sam__ on February 16, 2013, 04:41:40 pm ---So now I'm looking forward to receiving my scope sometime soon I should get some probes. Only problem is I don't know too much about them. I've researched a little about the capacitance and x1 and x10 modes. Only problem is I have no idea how to tell if a certain type of probe is suitable to my needs.

The input capacitance of the scope is 25pF, does this effect my choice of probe or can I just adjust it?

I found some on ebay which are fairly cheap - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-PCS-40MHZ-x10-x1-Oscilloscope-Clip-Probes-Scope-Kit-/250880988259?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item3a69ac1463

--- End quote ---

They refer 25pF is within their compensation range at page bottom in your link. I have the 100MHz same construction probes for my analog scope and general use for some years now. They are rugged enough and the hook holds well.

Sam__:
Good to hear they've lasted you a while, I was worried the build quality wouldn't be very good.

--- Quote from: Salas on February 18, 2013, 11:00:47 pm ---
--- Quote from: Sam__ on February 16, 2013, 04:41:40 pm ---So now I'm looking forward to receiving my scope sometime soon I should get some probes. Only problem is I don't know too much about them. I've researched a little about the capacitance and x1 and x10 modes. Only problem is I have no idea how to tell if a certain type of probe is suitable to my needs.

--- End quote ---

They refer 25pF is within their compensation range at page bottom in your link. I have the 100MHz same construction probes for my analog scope and general use for some years now. They are rugged enough and the hook holds well.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version