Author Topic: Advantest R3131A Spectrum Analyzer 9KHz-3GHz  (Read 89880 times)

Offline stellavox

Re: Advantest R3131A Spectrum Analyzer 9KHz-3GHz
« Reply #275 on: June 28, 2019, 08:40:41 pm »
Hello,

I appreciate all the work you have done for the 3131. 

I just got one and replaced the battery per the info in this thread.  Working my way thru the pass/fail tests.

The TG in the unit doesn't work and the main connector wasn't plugged in.  anyone have any info on it and where to begin to service.

THANK YOU

Offline SaabFAN

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #276 on: June 28, 2019, 09:52:52 pm »
The TG can be enabled in the Service-Menu. If I remember correctly, it was SHIFT + 5 and the Password should be somewhere in this thread here if its not 232355.

Offline stellavox

« Reply #277 on: June 29, 2019, 12:42:45 pm »
Thanks Saabfan,

The function IS enabled but I get an error message that the output is not levelized, and I believe there is no output at all.

Looking for some kind of block description on what goes on inside the TG module so I have a place to start troubleshooting.

Charles

Offline SaabFAN

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #278 on: June 29, 2019, 01:38:31 pm »
Try running the calibration-routines in the service menu. With the battery empty / replaced, you have probably lost most cal-data.

Offline IRB

• Contributor
« Reply #279 on: July 12, 2019, 08:29:53 pm »
Thanks Saabfan,

The function IS enabled but I get an error message that the output is not levelized, and I believe there is no output at all.

Looking for some kind of block description on what goes on inside the TG module so I have a place to start troubleshooting.

Charles

If you have access to to another spectrum analyzer, connect the 3131 TG out to its input, I found the TG tuning was so far off even at full span the sweep was unable to see the TG output.   

You could try the SELF CAL press the "SHIFT" (Blue Button) then press the "CAL" or 7. Run the "Cal all" by pressing the soft key to its right.

Offline IRB

• Contributor
« Reply #280 on: July 17, 2019, 03:17:06 pm »
Hello,

I appreciate all the work you have done for the 3131. 

I just got one and replaced the battery per the info in this thread.  Working my way thru the pass/fail tests.

The TG in the unit doesn't work and the main connector wasn't plugged in.  anyone have any info on it and where to begin to service.

THANK YOU

On the Tracking Generator module there is an SMA connector and a SMB connector, along with the ribbon cable. If thse ar not connected then the T.G. module will not work properly.

When I had the SMA cable disconnected I got a 802 TG un-level error.

In the picture below, there is a feed through in the lower left corner of the lower left compartment, this voltage should be close to 0V. It should be between +12V and -12V. It is the same point as the test point "Tune".     

Offline dc8wan

• Contributor
« Reply #281 on: January 05, 2020, 11:24:53 pm »
Hello,

I search for the partnumber from the "PROBE POWER terminal". An the CPU
The Manufacturer is LEMO.
I don't find any information over this connector.

regards Marco

Offline dc8wan

• Contributor
« Reply #282 on: January 06, 2020, 10:45:40 am »
Hi,

have found the partnumber from the connector.
FFA.0S.304.CLAC42

Source http://w140.com/tekwiki/wiki/LEMO_S-series_connector

Offline Lars2

« Reply #283 on: September 23, 2020, 01:19:10 pm »
Hi,

I have some trouble with the TG of my 3131A. It seems to be the know problem with the 2nd LO frequency. My question: what is the frequency supposed to be? The information posted in this thread say it is 3840MHz but the frequency is always posted in conjunction with the 3132. I am asking because I measured the frequency using a near field probe and a scope and got a value close to 4.1GHz. Also the silk screen on this particular area also says "4.1G". Does that mean, that the 2nd LO in the 3131A is supposed to be 4.1GHz? or is my TG that far of?

Regards

Lars

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf