Author Topic: advice on choosing cheap waveform generator with special function  (Read 1145 times)

Offline arivelTopic starter

• Contributor
Hello.
advise me please?.
I need an inexpensive waveform generator capable of supplying a train of intermittently pulsed sine waves at its output or in other words a train of sine waves at regular time intervals

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: advice on choosing cheap waveform generator with special function
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 08:35:35 pm »
Hello.
advise me please?.
I need an inexpensive waveform generator capable of supplying a train of intermittently pulsed sine waves at its output or in other words a train of sine waves at regular time intervals
For those I'm aware of you would require 2 channels to set one to burst with the waveform you require and the other channel to provide the internal triggering for it at the time interval needed.
SDG1032X can do this if not in DDS mode then certainly with a script in ARB mode.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline tunk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 08:41:45 pm »
Can't give you any advice, but it may help if you say what your budget is and what frequencies.

Offline TurboTom

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2021, 05:23:57 am »
So you are looking for something like this?

That's possible with virtually any waveform generator that supports Pulse mode (N Cycle) or, though maybe not as accurately phase-wise, amplitude modulation with a square wave.

It's up to you to define "inexpensive" or "cheap"... The screenshot shown has been generated with a hacked Rigol DG811, which I'ld currently consider the best option from a value-for-money point of view, but any entry level AWG, be it Siglent or Rigol, will do. I'm not familiar with the UNI-T and the Feeltech or similar "Tinkerer's Delight" boxes, but it's well possible that they will suit your needs at two-digit price tags as well. So I recommend to search the forum for the related threads and get yourself an opinion of the available models.

The following users thanked this post: arivel

Offline arivelTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2021, 06:26:42 pm »
So you are looking for something like this?

That's possible with virtually any waveform generator that supports Pulse mode (N Cycle) or, though maybe not as accurately phase-wise, amplitude modulation with a square wave.

It's up to you to define "inexpensive" or "cheap"... The screenshot shown has been generated with a hacked Rigol DG811, which I'ld currently consider the best option from a value-for-money point of view, but any entry level AWG, be it Siglent or Rigol, will do. I'm not familiar with the UNI-T and the Feeltech or similar "Tinkerer's Delight" boxes, but it's well possible that they will suit your needs at two-digit price tags as well. So I recommend to search the forum for the related threads and get yourself an opinion of the available models.

Yes, right . this is what I want to achieve.
can it be done with FeelTech FY6900?

Offline MarkF

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 03:42:52 pm »
Maybe the UNI-T UTG932 Function Generator Arbitrary Waveform 30 MHz Dual-Channel  for $139 USD.

I'll let you do the research to find out if will generate the waveform.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf