Author Topic: Agilent Logic Analyzer 90 pin pods - CLK_p, CLK_n connection?  (Read 608 times)

Offline deanclaxtonTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Agilent Logic Analyzer 90 pin pods - CLK_p, CLK_n connection?
« on: February 08, 2023, 04:19:24 am »
I'm building a 65C02 adapter that will be attached to 90 pin analyzer pods. I'm assuming if I'm using a single ended clock signal that I connect it to the CLK_p - is CLK_n then connected to ground or left floating?

Offline deanclaxtonTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Agilent Logic Analyzer 90 pin pods - CLK_p, CLK_n connection?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 06:37:03 am »
Found this on page 53 of this manual https://www.artisantg.com/info/Agilent_E5378A_Manual.pdf :

Clock input
The clock input to the E5378A probe is differential. If you supply a differential clock, you should select the "differential" option in the clock threshold user interface.

If your system uses a single-ended clock signal, the CLKn input should be either grounded or connected to a dc power supply.

You may:

• Ground the CLKn input and adjust the clock threshold from the user interface to between -3V dc and +5V dc.
Or
• Supply a threshold reference voltage between -3V dc and +5V dc to the CLKn input. In this case, the clock threshold in the user interface should be set to zero.

If your circuit uses a resistive divider to provide a threshold reference, be sure to consider the equivalent circuit consisting of the 20k resistor connected to +0.75V
as shown on page 34 and 35.

The threshold for the clock input has a separate adjustment in the user interface, independent of the data inputs.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 06:43:29 am by deanclaxton »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf