Author Topic: Agilent U1272A Demo Unit  (Read 586 times)

Offline CygnusX1Topic starter

Agilent U1272A Demo Unit
« on: April 23, 2020, 01:46:43 pm »
Greatings everyone,

Long time creeper, on and off since was in college I think, and I have learned quite a bit over the years from here, especially when it comes to the equipment I want to acquire for my home lab.

I'm currently looking for a new DMM and I saw an Agilent U1272A on the Keysight ebay store so I decided to make an offer. It wasn't until after I made the offer that I found out that these meters have a pretty bad flaw when it comes to measuring DC current in a noisy environment. The serial number falls within the ones mentioned on the service note (U1272A-07A).

Should I be worried about this meter having this flaw or would it be safe to assume it has been fixed?

Thanks in advance :)

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
Re: Agilent U1272A Demo Unit
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 01:50:00 pm »
If it's from the official Keysight ebay store I'd expect any remedial work to have been carried out.

EDIT: The only thing that would put me off is the fact it's an OLED display... 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 01:54:54 pm by AVGresponding »
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline CygnusX1Topic starter

Re: Agilent U1272A Demo Unit
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2020, 02:09:36 pm »
You're probably right. I contacted them through ebay, and they said if it wasn't fixed it would be covered so no worries regarding that I guess.

You might be thinking about the u1273a regarding the OLED screen, the u1272a has a LCD thankfully.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 02:38:27 pm by CygnusX1 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf