Author Topic: Agilent E5071C not booting.  (Read 1268 times)

Offline simba15Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Agilent E5071C not booting.
« on: November 26, 2021, 02:54:03 am »
So a coworker and I went to try and fix one of the labs  E5071C Network Analyzer( was beeping while in operation)

We removed the case (quite a lot of screws.) and tried to power it up to inspect the fan operation.

It didn't post. ( yikes!!) We re installed the cover to see if there was an intrusion switch or the like but it still didn't post.
We tried an external display, no luck! ( we're sweating now!)

We checked all the internal leds. The only ones red were one labeled "Thlimit" and the hdd acct (i think) led.

Unfortunately the service manual lists nothing like this and suggest to replace the mother board.( ekk)

Anyone worked on these or had any similar issues?

Tia.

The ev

« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 03:01:24 am by simba15 »

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
Re: Agilent E5071C not booting.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 04:37:45 am »
As they are basically PCs connected to network analyzer hardware, it sounds like your fault is probably in the PC portion.

I would be worth checking motherboard voltages (probably all through a standard ATX power connector) and trying to boot the system with minimal hardware (for example, disconnecting the interface card to the measurement part of the analyzer) to see if there are signs of life.  If you get the model number for the motherboard (probably a commercially available industrial board), you may be able to find a manual that lists beep or LED diagnostic codes.

That will give you somewhere to start, but it could be a lot of things until you can narrow it down or find other symptoms.

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline simba15Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Agilent E5071C not booting.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 04:04:12 pm »
Thanks,

Turns out there is a bit of a different setup due to the 2 position power switch on the device.

There is also another power switch internally.  If there is no post then you need to open the device and press and hold this to reset the power state.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf