Author Topic: All about Keithley DMM7510. Bugs and features, recipes, advice, notes.  (Read 1068 times)

Offline MegaVolt

• Regular Contributor
Analog

Relay

* Secondary measurement without relay clicks - https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/all-about-keithley-dmm7510-bugs-and-features-recipes-advice-notes/msg2180195/#msg2180195
* Additional information about the relay           - https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-keithley-dmm6500/msg2022019/#msg2022019

DCV

* An input of 10 MΩ in the range of 0.1 V and 1 V creates an offset voltage of 5-6 μV and additional noise. Do not use this input impedance for accurate measurement. No solution. - https://forum.tek.com/viewtopic.php?f=363&t=141241

Temperature

* Does not support measurements for Pt1000. No solution.
* When measured from a thermocouple, it does not measure the temperature of the cold junction. Solution - https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/all-about-keithley-dmm7510-bugs-and-features-recipes-advice-notes/msg2233422/#msg2233422

Digital
Programming

* Very low data reading speed via remote interface. I could not get more than 300 KB/s. This is about 15 KS/s (8 bytes of data and 8 bytes of time for 1 count). The processor inside the device allows you to work at higher speeds. No solution.
* The warm-up status on the remote interface can only be known once. The program launched the second time will not be able to get this status. No solution. - https://forum.tek.com/viewtopic.php?f=363&t=138795
* NTFS flash drive is not supported, only FAT32 works. No solution. - https://forum.tek.com/viewtopic.php?f=363&t=140287
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 02:33:29 pm by MegaVolt »

The following users thanked this post: Sparky

Offline MegaVolt

• Regular Contributor
Re: All about Keithley DMM7510. Bugs and features, recipes, advice, notes.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2019, 07:07:30 pm »
Brad O I will be very grateful for the answers about 7510.

1. DataSheet promises 140,000 measurements per second via LAN (measurement + time). So far I was able to get a maximum of 15,000. What can I configure to get the reading speed stated in the datasheet? Binary mode is on.

2. How can you remotely know if the warm_up period has passed or not? Is there any flag or status for this?

3. I managed to get the error of measuring time beyond 20ns during the first 2s :(  It seems to me that these outliers occur at random times and are not related to the first 2s. I also saw peak to peak emissions on the order of 900ns on a sample of 8MS.

4. How can I reset the device without turning off the power? I notice that if the device stopped working as needed (does not respond via the network or something strange responds), then you can fix it only by turning off the power. It is very uncomfortable. We must wait again for an hour and a half. Resetting from the touchscreen does not help: (

Offline MegaVolt

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 08:10:03 pm »
I see a clear periodicity. Every 5s is a new failed time.

Does this mean that data is selected at the wrong moment in time? Or is it a timeline problem and you can ignore them?

Offline MegaVolt

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2019, 09:38:16 pm »
Current and voltage measurement without relay clicks. This is possible if you select secondary measures in accordance with the tables below:

The following users thanked this post: hwj-d

Offline MegaVolt

• Regular Contributor
When measured from a thermocouple, it does not measure the temperature of the cold junction. See the first picture.

A possible solution to this problem is indicated in the second picture.

Offline MegaVolt

• Regular Contributor
New bug`s: The problem of changing the size of the buffer.

UPD: To repeat the bug for the newly turned-on device, you need to repeat the script twice. But between operations you need to disconnect from the device and reconnect. The red arrow indicates the location of the reconnection.

UPD2: The maximum size that can be obtained after the appearance of the bug is only 7997000.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 10:25:18 pm by MegaVolt »

Offline MegaVolt

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2019, 08:00:29 pm »
New bugs DMM7510 (features):
And there is nothing to complain about. Branded short Keythley 6820.

Offline MegaVolt

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2019, 08:07:33 pm »
If you have access to the Keythley DMM7510 please check to see if you have the same bugs.
I'll be very grateful.

Offline MegaVolt

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 02:02:53 pm »
The device is mocking me. I can’t understand how it works.

I was trying to figure out how to control the aperture for DigiV. To do this, I applied a rectangular signal with a frequency of 400 kHz from the generator (high level [2.5V] 90% of the time; low level [-2.5V] 10%).

And he turned on the digitization with the same frequency of 400 kHz. (frequencies are not synchronized). The period is 2.5 μs. This means that the aperture can be 1 or 2 μs. And Auto should correspond to 2 μs.

And I was hoping to see two types of graphs.

BUT!!!! I see 3 types of graphs. The graph when installing Auto Aperture is not similar to the 2 μs graph .... It is rather similar to the graph when the samples go through 1.25 μs. But this is only an assumption. In fact, I do not know how it is done in the device.

Though disassemble this miracle box and become an oscilloscope on the DAC :(

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf