Products > Test Equipment

Alternative to Rhode & Schwarz RTB2004

(1/5) > >>

mr_jj:
I am thinking about purchasing the RTB2004, which costs about 4k where I live. Are there any other similar mixed signal oscilloscopes that offer similar functionality but are better value? What I need is a mixed signal oscilloscope with a BW of 100 MHz. Decoding of serial protocols should be included..

nctnico:

--- Quote from: mr_jj on January 23, 2022, 05:26:01 pm ---I am thinking about purchasing the RTB2004, which costs about 4k where I live. Are there any other similar mixed signal oscilloscopes that offer similar functionality but are better value? What I need is a mixed signal oscilloscope with a BW of 100 MHz. Decoding of serial protocols should be included..

--- End quote ---
Did you look on the 2nd hand market? Instrumex.de has a few RTB2004 units.

Pinkus:
Warning! If you want to use decoders, be careful not to be fooled by the R&S advertising.
They are advertising the availability of two simultaneous decoder to get their check mark and to look as good as other scopes.
In reality, the RTB often allow only one decoder instead of the two promised decoders, since R&S considers each signal direction as one decoder. Thus R&S decoders always are one-directional decoder, where decoder of all other test instrument companies are bi-directional decoders.
Thus, decoding of a UART communication with Rx and Tx eats up all (both) available decoder of the RTB2004; there is no decoder left e.g. for I2C.
For UART and SPI (both Rx/Tx) you would need four decoder at the RTB (which are not available), every other scope I know would only need two decoder for this.

2N3055:
There are literally hundreds of topics on EEVBLOG about choosing a scope, and at least  dozen about comparing RTB2000 to other scopes.
There are several alternatives to RTB2000 for fraction of money that do some things equally well, some much better, and some not...

Quickly:

if you want to decode a lot and lowest possible noise is not necessary then Rigol MSO5000 will give you 4 channels of decode.
If you want best analog performance, MSO, and 2 decodes are OK you have Siglent SDS2000X+.

There are some other options but those two are decimating sales of RTB2000.

For the rest, please look around the forum. All was already said and explained.

armandine2:

--- Quote from: 2N3055 on January 23, 2022, 09:56:10 pm ---There are literally hundreds of topics on EEVBLOG about choosing a scope

--- End quote ---

Hence the difficulty the OP has  - and others, in finding out alternatives to the RTB2004, perhaps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version