Author Topic: Alternatives for Peaktech 6226 Power Supply (0-30V/0-10A)  (Read 418 times)

Online Martin72Topic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
Alternatives for Peaktech 6226 Power Supply (0-30V/0-10A)
« on: May 19, 2023, 09:06:06 pm »
Hi,
We have more than a dozen of the mentioned power supplies in the company, they are cheap, can provide high current up to 10A and they are built very slim.
Whether in the lab or test bay, they are everyone's favorite.... 8)
We had bought the first ones in 2019/2020 and now some are starting to go crazy:
The rotary encoder for the voltage, it is really used umpteen times a day and now seems to be at the end, if you turn slowly (because you want to increase/decrease the voltage slowly), the voltage "jumps" up and down - Very bad for sensitive electronics....
New (possibly "better") encoder get and install is out of the question, much too uneconomical.
Therefore, the question in the round:
Are there alternatives to the Peaktech, but which are better quality, last longer ?
10A and 0-30V it should be again, more voltage gladly.
May also be more expensive than 120€(cost of the peaktech)...
I had already googled a few times, but except the Peaktech as well as umpteen other NoNames nothing found.
Gladly just post examples, I do not know when I can implement this, but would fall back on it when the time comes.
Thanks in advance!

Online mawyatt

• Super Contributor
Re: Alternatives for Peaktech 6226 Power Supply (0-30V/0-10A)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 11:20:27 pm »
Korad KWR102, it's a switcher tho but noise level is low for a switcher. Acoustic noise is kinda high at high currents and more expensive ~ $370, build quality seems good and small narrow footprint.

Best,
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 11:22:00 pm by mawyatt »
Curiosity killed the cat, also depleted my wallet!
~Wyatt Labs by Mike~

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf