Author Topic: Amazing Deal! Black Friday! 1013D oscilloscope only 54,74€ Hurry Up! :)  (Read 2442 times)

Offline ptluisTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Black Friday amazing discount!   :palm:

The following users thanked this post: nctnico

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Amazing Deal! Black Friday! 1013D oscilloscope only 54,74€ Hurry Up! :)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 06:47:07 pm »
The 998 peices available seems to indidcate .. somone.. bought one. 

If only Aliexpress would add a Price+Shipping filter like Ebay does to filter these out.

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 07:15:39 pm »
It does not really mattrer, as both eBay and Ali sellers game the system by including a super cheap unrelated item in the listing, which makes the price range to be like $1-$200. And sorting happens by the first number.
Alex

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 09:57:57 pm »
Yeah, you buy on Aliexpress items that ship from Poland to Portugal.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 10:24:12 pm »
- Don't buy from that store their rating is too low
- As mentioned, you ship from or to the wrong country, shipping cost will be very high to discourage purchasing. Some countries are also forced as DHL as regular mail tends to get "lost" often.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 10:34:29 pm »
Yeah, you buy on Aliexpress items that ship from Poland to Portugal.

It's cheaper this way than buying directly from China. since July it's been a nightmare to receive something from China. Even a simple €1 + vat item can easily turn into a nightmare.
My last purchase from China of some temperature controller boards cost me 18€ (VAT+Shipping costs included) and after 2 months I received a notification from the carrier asking me for an additional 72€ regarding customs fees, administrative expenses, extra shipping charges plus some other s..t i don't know what it is. that's the sad reality right now.

The example of my post is related to the scam some sellers try to do after bugging me with messages.

11.11 and Black Friday are BS at the moment, prices increased on Tuesday  :-DD

The days of buying cheap electronics from China are gone.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2021, 10:41:01 pm »
- Don't buy from that store their rating is too low
- As mentioned, you ship from or to the wrong country, shipping cost will be very high to discourage purchasing. Some countries are also forced as DHL as regular mail tends to get "lost" often.

This is a scam, usually there's no problem in buying from poland or other european countries. I do it many times per month. Chinese sellers are desperate to sell, but this is the wrong way. and prices are overinflated.

Offline Algoma

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2021, 10:42:51 pm »
Thankfully there are some sites that will display a price history chart .. Like CamelCamelCamel.com that I've used to sanity check Amazon's price history. I think there are ones that exist for Aliexpress.

Example: Siglent SDM3055  (Price went up this year) https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B00QT3RTV0  Always Exercise caution with ANY links on such sites. but it can be somewhat helpful to sanity check prices.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 10:50:31 pm by Algoma »

The following users thanked this post: ptluis

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2021, 11:53:17 pm »
This is a scam, usually there's no problem in buying from poland or other european countries. I do it many times per month. Chinese sellers are desperate to sell, but this is the wrong way. and prices are overinflated.

After looking at the item in question, they just did this to game the search results to get their price the lowest: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003171963785.html
They have no intention of ever shipping from Poland.

Putting a high shipping price is not directly a scam, as long as it is known upfront. Which is why Ali needs a "price + shipping" search option like Ebay has, to get rid of all of this deception.

Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Online pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2021, 06:33:25 am »
Yeah, since the VAT setup, to improve business for native (web)shops it went down hill. To my opinion only the governments benefit from it, but that is a different story. Then covid added to the missery :o

Also noticed that more and more sellers are advertising with a low price, and when you go to their page and select the item the price is tripled. Now it is much harder to find the best deal and it diminishes the fun of buying. Good for the environment though :-DD

Always wonder about the why. Over a year ago aliexpress renewed their website, making it impossible for me to pay with iDeal (a Dutch payment option) when shipping to where I live (France) No problem if I wanted to ship to the Netherlands, but whats the use if you don't live there. :palm: Had to get a credit card (N26) just for being able to buy again from aliexpress.
Could not find any legal reason as to why they changed that.

I can  :rant: on about a lot of idiocy on the web :-DD

Online Doctorandus_P

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2021, 07:17:03 am »
The price of that fnirsi stuff is irrelevant.
The quality of that stuff is so bad that I don't even want to have it if someone gave it to me for free.
Maybe I would accept it for free if I was a youtube reviewer, but my only intention would be to make a good review of how bad this thing is.

Offline Frex

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2021, 07:46:58 am »

Look again, It is the probe price only.  ^-^

Frex

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2021, 07:49:22 am »
^ That's exactly what I'm talking about. Both eBay and AliExpress are broken this way. They let you put any number of unrelated items in the same listing. So even if you add an option to filter by price and shipping, it will be gamed like this. Just like it is gamed now on eBay. And that's why I always limit the lower price to a reasonable number as well.

BTW, reporting those sellers to eBay does absolutely nothing. I once got tired of this BS and reported an number of listings. A week later and they were still up. eBay does not care.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 07:51:26 am by ataradov »
Alex

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Online marcus h

• Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2021, 11:21:52 am »
Both eBay and AliExpress are broken this way. They let you put any number of unrelated items in the same listing. So even if you add an option to filter by price and shipping, it will be gamed like this. Just like it is gamed now on eBay. And that's why I always limit the lower price to a reasonable number as well.

BTW, reporting those sellers to eBay does absolutely nothing. I once got tired of this BS and reported an number of listings. A week later and they were still up. eBay does not care.

It's not broken and they aren't lazy to act on reports.
This is absolutely intentional. They designed their webshops that way and could've acted years ago.
Same applies to gamification tactics like collecting points for page visits, doing "reviews" to get rebates etc.
Apparently it pays for them.

Online bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2021, 03:58:11 pm »
I have been receiving several items from Aliexpres lately wo. problems with DK Customs.
Maybe because i always make sure Aliexpress shipping is selected, not the el-cheapo some things are presenting as default.

It seems like the prepaid VAT is registered , and there's no $23 hit from DK mail doing the taxation.

I seem to remember having seen somewhere here, that you'd need a trackking number in order to "attach" the pre-paid VAT.
Maybe some of the el-cheapo shippings are without tracking.

/Bingo

Offline Rx7man

• Regular Contributor
  • Hobbyist/Hack/Farmer
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2021, 08:01:28 pm »
I haven't had good luck with aliexpress, I bought a plasma cutter from them, supposedly 60amp, it only delivered 38, I always got charged with UPS charges, customs, etc, and when my plasma cutter didn't perform, they told me to go pound sand..Paypal agreed that since it only cut 1/3rd of what it was advertised at, paying 1/3rd of original price was fair

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2021, 08:12:43 pm »
I only use Aliexpress for stuff I know I would not want to return and generally have expectation that things would under-perform.  Generally nothing more than ~$200.

And under those conditions, I have not had really bad experiences with it. Basically discard the advertised specs  and look at what is realistically be there.
Alex

The following users thanked this post: janoc

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2021, 08:45:28 pm »
It's cheaper this way than buying directly from China. since July it's been a nightmare to receive something from China. Even a simple €1 + vat item can easily turn into a nightmare.
My last purchase from China of some temperature controller boards cost me 18€ (VAT+Shipping costs included) and after 2 months I received a notification from the carrier asking me for an additional 72€ regarding customs fees, administrative expenses, extra shipping charges plus some other s..t i don't know what it is. that's the sad reality right now.

That was before June 2021.

Now Aliexpress charges you the VAT when you buy and the couriers don't get to charge you any extras.

(cry me a river...)

Offline janoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2021, 09:29:00 pm »

Now Aliexpress charges you the VAT when you buy and the couriers don't get to charge you any extras.

(cry me a river...)

That's just not true. Yes, Alixpress does the right thing with regards to the EU VAT. However, there are always two to tango - the other part are the national post services and tax administrations. And you are forgetting that EU is not a single country and that taxes are solely the jurisdiction of the individual EU countries (yes, VAT included!).

The problem is that you are at the mercy of the whatever clusterfuck the incompetent local administration and post manages to make out of it. E.g. in France and Germany the process is generally smooth.

However, in Romania, when a package has arrived, you apparently had to pay the VAT second time to the local tax authorities/post before your package was delivered because they were unable to get their systems connected to the EU-wide one in time. Yay. VoltLog on Youtube made a video on it some time ago.

I heard of issues in some countries where the post or courier will demand extra paperwork from you or slap you with "custom declaration" fees for filing it. Etc.

Don't assume that because something works for you it has to be the same for everyone else.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 09:31:09 pm by janoc »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2021, 12:37:42 am »

(cry me a river...)

The  temperature controller boards I bought on July 2021, I paid 23% VAT on aliexpress and when my order arrived in PT, I had to pay a bunch of extra expenses plus another 23% over those expenses giving a total of 72€ extra costs. Maybe in your country things are more clear but in PT we never no how much we are going to pay in extra costs when customs are involved, couriers like UPS DO charge EXTRA COSTS to process and deliver the order to me, they always did. For example UPS normally charges an aditional 70€ up to 100€ to process customs and delivery to my door. With large orders like 50-100 electric motors I always payed a bunch of extra costs and it was better to have a customs broker to speed the process, but with small things it was easy. Now it's not, because the whole system simply doesn't work anymore.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf