Author Topic: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter  (Read 6321 times)

Offline mbear2kTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« on: May 05, 2016, 04:07:46 pm »
I just picked up one of these inexpensively and it seems to work very well.  Anyone have any experience with these?  Based on chip dates I calculate a build of about 1995.  It seems to work on all functions, but 'processes' a little slow.  Also - looking for a complete manual.  The service info is out there, but is only a section of the whole manual.

The following users thanked this post: saidi mohamed

Offline Towger

• Super Contributor
Re: Analogic Data Precision DP100 5.5 Digit Mulimeter
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 04:20:11 pm »
I have one. Remove the internal nicad battery, if fitted.  Mine was also cheap, but has a lot of corrosion from the battery attached to the lid leaking down the wires to the PCB.  It has been a work in progress repair project for the last few years. Just a matter of installing the new parts...
 The service manual is online in a number of Pdf files. I think is the full thing.  If you can't find it, ill have a look here.

Offline mbear2kTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 10:37:03 pm »
I finally dusted this one off.  Replaced the nicad battery pack and it's working well with one exception.  Anything higher than about 1meg on reads off.  I connect a 1% 3.33 meg resistor and it starts out at about 2 meg and very slowly climbs to about 2.8 meg.  DC volts, AC, etc are all fine.

Low ohms and 4-wire seem to be okay. 

Maybe relay(s) contacts?

Still looking for the complete manual.  All I could find was the calibration section of the manual.

Offline sorenkir

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 08:44:55 am »
User & Service Manual (multipart --> 6 files) : http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=62715
I have attached a poorly scanned schematic (don't remember where I got it).

Autorange is quite slow and I don't like much the sequential function selection with up & down buttons.
Mine has a (quite good) LT1021BCH-5 10V voltage reference.

Michel.

The following users thanked this post: coromonadalix

Offline saidi mohamed

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 03:47:21 pm »
Dear mbear2k ;
i am interesting about the digital multimeter DP100 too, and i looking for the complet manual users, i fount just the forty first pages and the essentially for me is the connection with the rs-232, to create a graphical interface with LABVIEW, I've searched in internet the adresse mail of ANALOGIC CORPORATION to sent a letter asking him to transfer the user manual, but apparently the analog company and changed its industry. So if there is news on the manual I hope to post here or send it to the following email address: ing.smohamed@gmail.com.
thank you in advance :).

Offline carl_lab

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 09:43:04 am »
User & Service Manual (multipart --> 6 files) : http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=62715

Can anybody explain how to reassemble these multi-part archive files?
OK, these are single PDF files... :palm:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 06:19:19 am by carl_lab »

Offline Mp3

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2020, 12:34:00 am »
I'm aware this is a very old thread, but i figured i'd spare anyone else from having to download a 6 part PDF.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/aptnly0gx57yh48/dp100_ilovepdf_merged.pdf/file

It should probably be added to archive.org too i suppose...
High school graduate

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza, Neomys Sapiens, shakalnokturn

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2021, 06:14:28 pm »
I apologize for reopening such ancient thread, but the information here was very helpful so far. I just got one from user Ground_Loop and it has been giving me some work to do. What initially was a power supply issue (already fixed), now it seems to have developed to a general issue on the analog part - a +10V net is around 8.5V, which is throwing off the autorange and the overall functionality of the equipment.

I am using the schematics provided here, but wanted to know if someone else has a better resolution one. Although the existing one is immensely better than nothing, there are quite a few things that are hard to read and I feel it might be missing one detail or another.

So, if someone has a better scanned schematics to share, that would be very helpful. Also, if someone has the error codes of this equipment, that would also help (I am getting errors 02 and 03 on occasion, which I think are related to calibration values but I can't be sure).
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2021, 07:11:16 pm »
I attach below schematics with stitched pages - it becomes easier to follow. Just download the file and rename it to .rar extension (the forum does not allow .rar extensions. Go figure)

Beware: the small .rar file blows up to a 300dpi 160MB Tiff file. I tried to preserve the most quality of the original schematics PDF linked above.

(edit) added the .pdf file created from the TIFF. Perhaps it is easier to browse and print.
(edit2) added the firmware of my meter, which is an early version 1.1
« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 01:14:20 pm by rsjsouza »
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

The following users thanked this post: lowimpedance, Zermalmer

Offline tomeo.gonzales

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2022, 10:57:44 pm »
Anybody have DP-LINK software (Microsoft QuickBASIC source code ) for Analogic Data Precision DP100 digital multimeter ?

Offline HKJ

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2022, 04:11:32 pm »
Anybody have DP-LINK software (Microsoft QuickBASIC source code ) for Analogic Data Precision DP100 digital multimeter ?

If you have documentation of the protocol and it is RS232 based, you can probably add it to TestController: https://lygte-info.dk/project/TestControllerIntro%20UK.html
It is a more modern GUI based program that works on Windows/Linux/Mac

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf