Author Topic: ANENG goes crazy with new meters  (Read 49440 times)

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
Re: ANENG goes crazy with new meters
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2020, 11:38:16 am »
My seller from ali wasn't sending the order for quite a while, and the shipment deadline was about to expire. I wrote the seller to cancel my order. They came back with the message that my order was shipped :/. I don't know if I wrote too late, or they shipped it against my will.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2020, 12:10:39 am »
Hmmm, my Banggood order for my Aneng Q10 appears stuck (as orders from China so often do). Checking with various tracking services shows that the carrier has not yet received the package - nothing has changed for 11 days...
This happened to my order to Richmeters official store back in April - it was stuck in the same stage for about one month before it magically showed on US's shore.

My SZ18 order is at an even prior stage - i.e., the shipping is being prepared, with no information on any of the carriers. This happened to me in the past as well - the meter was in my hand and the tracking info was still saying the product was in China.

I was jumpy in the past, but nowadays I will just wait until the whole thing lapses and I get a refund (if it does not arrive before that).
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline spadger

• Contributor
« Reply #102 on: November 27, 2020, 02:31:14 am »
What about a multimeter with bluetooth-loudspeaker?
ZT-5566, designed by ANENG(zotek).

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #103 on: November 27, 2020, 10:17:19 am »
There's been a whole thread on that one, as I recall, it was an OK meter but it's not one of the new ones that this thread is about.
If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer

Offline LeonR

• Regular Contributor
  • PC hardware enthusiast
« Reply #104 on: November 27, 2020, 04:05:14 pm »
Is the Aneng 870 still the go-to for the price class?

Offline Jan Audio

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2020, 04:16:27 pm »
The 9002 looks like it has potential to be a worthy successor to the 8008.

Why, it has the same counts.

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2020, 05:54:29 pm »
The 9002 looks like it has potential to be a worthy successor to the 8008.

Why, it has the same counts.

It has more buttons, more jacks and other bells and whistles :). May be even more current ranges, who knows...

Offline FungusTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2020, 06:53:47 pm »

Yes.

(IMHO)

The following users thanked this post: LeonR

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2020, 07:54:17 pm »
I agree with Fungus. If you care to look for a thorough review, check the video about Richmeters RM219 (same meter) on my youtube channel (check either my signature below or the small globe under my profile picture). It is a bit long, but hopefully you find it useful.

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

The following users thanked this post: LeonR

• Super Contributor
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2020, 08:11:41 pm »
I agree with Fungus. If you care to look for a thorough review, check the video about Richmeters RM219 (same meter) on my youtube channel (check either my signature below or the small globe under my profile picture). It is a bit long, but hopefully you find it useful.

It just does everything, and does it well. No weak points at all.

I also prefer the size and feel of the 870 to those other Anengs with their flimsy cases and tiny range selectors. The probe holders on the back are very handy, too.

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza, LeonR

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2020, 12:44:42 pm »
My seller from ali wasn't sending the order for quite a while, and the shipment deadline was about to expire. I wrote the seller to cancel my order. They came back with the message that my order was shipped :/. I don't know if I wrote too late, or they shipped it against my will.
Banggood, who I've ordered from many times before, says that my order shipped on Nov 15th but the arrival date has now changed to 1/17/21 from 1/5/21 and every time I try to check the tracking number, it says that the shipper is waiting to receive the packet.  I'll give them another day or so and then I may cancel the order to see what happens.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2020, 03:23:31 am »
Banggood, who I've ordered from many times before, says that my order shipped on Nov 15th but the arrival date has now changed to 1/17/21 from 1/5/21 and every time I try to check the tracking number, it says that the shipper is waiting to receive the packet.  I'll give them another day or so and then I may cancel the order to see what happens.
Gandalf, I am also on the same pickle with the SZ18. Their explanation is that the routes are somewhat unstable and timings are unknown for the epacket shipping method. At the stage of the order (shipped), they asked me to wait - I don't think I can cancel the order without penalty. I had another order at Ruoshui store and they said the same thing, but before they shipped - I was able to cancel the order immediately and akreadt got a refund
So, it seems it will arrive in 2021... 

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2020, 10:22:54 am »
Gandalf, I am also on the same pickle with the SZ18. Their explanation is that the routes are somewhat unstable and timings are unknown for the epacket shipping method. At the stage of the order (shipped), they asked me to wait - I don't think I can cancel the order without penalty. I had another order at Ruoshui store and they said the same thing, but before they shipped - I was able to cancel the order immediately and akreadt got a refund
So, it seems it will arrive in 2021...
rsjsouza, thanks for the info.  I already looked for a way to cancel and couldn't find one; presumably because they (claim to) have shipped.  I ordered a pulse oximeter as part of the same order so my total was just over $50 which is supposed to give me free tracking but I think such tracking is close to worthless.  Having paid by PayPal on Nov 15, I will raise a not-received dispute on Dec 15 which will set a clock running that will ensure that I get my money back if the items don't arrive. What annoys me most is that Banggood have changed the expected delivery date from Jan 5 to Jan 17.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2020, 10:38:59 am »

It just does everything, and does it well. No weak points at all.

I also prefer the size and feel of the 870 to those other Anengs with their flimsy cases and tiny range selectors. The probe holders on the back are very handy, too.
One bad mechanical aspect of my RM219 (maybe the AN870 is different) is that the tilting bale is hinged on the rubber/plastic protection holster. This completely kills its mechanical robustness and makes it cave when a rotary switch is being used or a probe is inserted. Apart from that and the low frequency bandwidth (mine goes up to 3.4kHz) it is quite good.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2020, 11:13:41 am »
One bad mechanical aspect of my RM219 (maybe the AN870 is different) is that the tilting bale is hinged on the rubber/plastic protection holster. This completely kills its mechanical robustness and makes it cave when a rotary switch is being used or a probe is inserted. Apart from that and the low frequency bandwidth (mine goes up to 3.4kHz) it is quite good.

I don't know of any meter that would let you insert/remove probes one-handedly when it's standing up.

My fluke 27 will let you turn the selector when it's on the stand but it has a huge stand. I don't know of any others. My Brymen moves around the table.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2020, 09:03:53 pm »

I don't know of any meter that would let you insert/remove probes one-handedly when it's standing up.

My fluke 27 will let you turn the selector when it's on the stand but it has a huge stand. I don't know of any others. My Brymen moves around the table.
UT61E for starters. 87V, U1282A, U1273A and many others don't balk at a light push towards them. Heck, even the mini Richmeters 113D.

The probe insert/remove is not a huge problem - after all, the jacks are near the bottom of the instrument. However, the rotary switch of the RM219 is somewhat stiffer than the normal and, after the fourth or fifth switch, I have to "reset" the tilting bale to is normal standing position.

Offline rernexy

• Contributor
« Reply #116 on: December 07, 2020, 01:54:53 pm »
Pic of my AN9002 opened up.
I can take more photos, and maybe video of the bluetooth app if anyone is interested.

Edit 1: Added 2 more photos aneng9002-open-02b.jpg aneng9002-open-03b.jpg
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 02:53:28 pm by rernexy »

The following users thanked this post: Fungus

Offline rernexy

• Contributor
« Reply #117 on: December 07, 2020, 03:05:49 pm »
More photos of the input jacks on my AN9002

Edit 1: Add blurry photo of bluetooth chip.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 03:22:40 pm by rernexy »

The following users thanked this post: exe

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #118 on: December 13, 2020, 05:50:40 pm »
Got my q10. What I can say, I'm less than impressed. The inverted display feels slow, bundled probes are useless (don't even pass continuity tests when touching each other until I press really hard). Continuity test is horrible, it seems it's implemented in software as bargraph updated before the meter reacts with beep and red led. Well, at least it has a flashlight... I think I'll get rid of it.

AN8002/AN8008 remain my favorite meters so far, although one of them started to go nuts in mV mode, sometimes showing up to 20mV offset until I re-set the selector switch. Is that the problem with contacts you folks were talking before?

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #119 on: December 13, 2020, 08:42:57 pm »
UPDATE: I applied CAIG DeoxIT FaderLube D5 to the AN8008 rotary switch contacts and it's working great. It looks like any PPE fixes the copper leafs issue. Before, I'd tried cleaning with IPA and a soft scrub on the copper, then lube- which only works for a few weeks even in a dry workshop.

Before, I find an oxidized rotary switch gives bad, wandering readings on continuity/200R scale, or power cutting out.  You'd have to do the ritual back and forth a few times to scrub off oxide, which also seems to make an offset potential which could be what that you are seeing.

This DMM chip set is kinda old, they have milked the cow for many years. It needs to advance from 8-bit clunker at 4MHz with a few KB OTP and few hundred bytes RAM. They can't keep adding features in assembly language, kinda tricky.

The following users thanked this post: exe, rernexy

Offline rernexy

• Contributor
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2020, 01:10:40 am »
I've had the 618A and 619A for a few weeks. Already set them aside. Couldn't turn off their "Smart AUTO" test mode, the one that guesses whether you are testing AC, DC or resistance. I should get around to asking Aneng about that.

Offline rernexy

• Contributor
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2020, 05:00:13 am »
pics of my 619A

Offline Gandalf_Sr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2020, 12:56:29 pm »
It's just shy of a month since I ordered the Q10 from Banggood; all that time, the tracking says "Package has been sterilized and shipped out."

I raised a ticket through PayPal and Banggood have responded saying that the tracking won't show anything until the meter arrives in the USA; they ask that I wait longer. I have until Jan 2 before the PayPal ticket auto-closes.

It's about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2020, 09:38:29 pm »
It's just shy of a month since I ordered the Q10 from Banggood; all that time, the tracking says "Package has been sterilized and shipped out."

I raised a ticket through PayPal and Banggood have responded saying that the tracking won't show anything until the meter arrives in the USA; they ask that I wait longer. I have until Jan 2 before the PayPal ticket auto-closes.

It's about as exciting as watching paint dry.
I am on the same boat as well... I had this happen before, thus I am not in a hurry to receive it. Aliexpress still says 57 days, 20 hours and 24 minutes until the order is closed - until then I have nothing to do.

In older orders where this happened, the item showed up or Aliexpress refunded me without a problem, so I am not terribly concerned with this as well.

The following users thanked this post: Gandalf_Sr

Offline ralphrmartin

• Frequent Contributor
    • Me
« Reply #124 on: December 15, 2020, 04:30:18 pm »
I ordered a meter from Aneng Factory Store on Taobao, and got it here (the UK) directly in under 2 weeks. Maybe that is more effective than go through a third party seller?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf